Windows 10: BSOD when trying to do anything involving NVIDIA graphics card.

Discus and support BSOD when trying to do anything involving NVIDIA graphics card. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As stated in the title. I occasionally had BSOD issues when I was using win8, I think it was a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or something, when I updated to win10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scalezors, Oct 7, 2015.

1. scalezors Win User

BSOD when trying to do anything involving NVIDIA graphics card.

As stated in the title. I occasionally had BSOD issues when I was using win8, I think it was a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or something, when I updated to win10, I started to get a blue screen any time I tried to play a game. Somehow my bf and I fixed that error, only to get a SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_EXCEPTED error instead. It has been happening any time I try to do something involving my card, often after using YouTube, PopcornTime, IMVU, or even just trying to fiddle with the settings of the card or optimize my settings for games. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, I've been tearing my hair out and would really like to shoot some aliens in the face.

:)

scalezors, Oct 7, 2015

2. DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10

Hi,

I've finally found the problem but the solution, not yet !!

After several hours of tests, hardware, software, OS, drivers changes, etc. I found that my Graphic Card was involved... I changed my Nvidia 690 GTX to a 970 GTX and the BSOD never shows again !

The only thing I've changed since my last game session (1 year ago) it's the OS version (W10 1709) and the driver of the graphic card...

I'll try to explain that to Nvidia to see if they have another known case...

Thank you for your help.

Aurélien BLANC, Oct 7, 2015
  3. ws04 Win User
    Laptop doesn't seem to have come with graphics card / System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

Hello. My laptop is supposed to have come with a graphics card (a NVIDIA geforce), but the computer doesn't pick it up.

When I downloaded the driver downloading software from NVIDIA, it said that it did not register a graphics card.

Also, I am getting a graphics card driver-related BSOD (System Thread Exception Not Handled).

What should I do?

Thanks.

ws04, Oct 7, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi scalezors,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

In case of
    It seems the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M crash is caused by the Nvidia Video driver everytime.
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 4: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`5fca0000 fffff800`60793000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sun Sep 13 23:12:24 2015 (55F5E6B8) CheckSum: 00AB4A61 ImageSize: 00AF3000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Oct 7, 2015
  5. scalezors Win User
    Thank you for replying!
    What do I need to disable in my startup?
    Attachment 41689Attachment 41690

scalezors, Oct 7, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Pretty much everything.

A personal thing,
    Looking at what you have enabled and your BIOS time I am very jealous at you.
    I have 7 things enabled but have 5.5 seconds BIOS time.

axe0, Oct 7, 2015
  7. scalezors Win User
    hah, I'm sorry, I don't know how I got it to be so low.
    I reinstalled Nvidia and updated, but when I ran Dishonored, it crashed again, same message.

scalezors, Oct 7, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Please run the tool again and upload the zip file.
    With only the information you're giving me I don't know what could be possible causing the crash.

axe0, Oct 7, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Are you switching between the GPU's?
    The 0x116 is GPU related and 0x1000007E blames the nvidia drivers.

Problem with switchable GPU's.Idea was good, but it is bad implemented. Switching between GPU's could cause trouble

axe0, Oct 7, 2015
  10. scalezors Win User
    If I am, I don't mean to be. My settings are so that the NVIDIA is the one meant to be used, but the Intel one may still be active, it doesn't have any drivers, but I can't figure out how to disable it :/

scalezors, Oct 7, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Unfortunately, I cannot help you with that problem.
    I have the same problem, but I am forced to use the Intel GPU instead of the AMD which is way better.

Thema:

1. BSOD when trying to do anything involving NVIDIA graphics card. - Similar Threads - BSOD trying anything

2. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  3. When I do anything on my laptop that involves using the nvidia gpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I do anything on my laptop that involves using the nvidia gpu.: I get a BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR depending on the application I use or game I try and play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-do-anything-on-my-laptop-that-involves/5b9cf7d8-6bb4-4032-92d9-ad45decdc2e5
  4. When I do anything on my laptop that involves using the nvidia gpu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I do anything on my laptop that involves using the nvidia gpu.: I get a BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR depending on the application I use or game I try and play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-do-anything-on-my-laptop-that-involves/5b9cf7d8-6bb4-4032-92d9-ad45decdc2e5
  5. NVIDIA Graphics Card Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Disappeared: Hi!Up until a recent update on my Surface Pro 2, the NVIDIA graphics card was present and performing well. However, after an update, the card completely disappeared from my system. Or so it appears. I attempted to update my GeForce Experience because it was out of date, but...
  6. Nvidia graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  7. Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!

Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!: Hello Everybody, I'm using Asus vivobook x556uj Laptop which has 2 GPUs one for intel and the other one is nvidia 920m. I latterly found my laptop crashes a lot even without using a heavy programs so i started to figure the problem and suddenly found the problem that Nvidia...
  8. Disappearing NVIDIA Graphics Card.

Disappearing NVIDIA Graphics Card.: About a month ago i purchased an HP OMEN 17" Laptop 16 GiG memory, I7 Ninth Gen processor 9750H and NVIDEA RTX-2070 Graphics card, no probs untill 3rd night, switched it off normally next night i switched it on, all icons have changed and enlarged from 100% to 125%, i had...
  9. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  10. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...