Windows 10: BSOD when trying to flash my old Nokia phone

Discus and support BSOD when trying to flash my old Nokia phone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So i followed some instruction for downgrading phone software and drivers had to be changed, so i guess this is a possible cause, but i want to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frikic, Mar 19, 2017.

1. frikic Win User

BSOD when trying to flash my old Nokia phone

Hi,
    So i followed some instruction for downgrading phone software and drivers had to be changed, so i guess this is a possible cause, but i want to be sure.
    Attachment 125894

Thanks

:)

frikic, Mar 19, 2017
  2. Roel Taga Win User

WinPhone 8.1 Lumia 520 stuck on reboot and cannot fix using "Windows Device Recovery Tool"

Hello!

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 with Windows Phone 8.1. This phone keeps rebooting and I cant hard reset it.

I have also tried Windows Device Recovery Tool, but when I try to reinstall software It reboots again when "Switching device to flash mode"

I have this old Software: "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" this can set the device to flashing mode (NOKIA logo is displayed in the phone screen), But cant do anything with this because "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" cant connect to server.

Is any way I can fix my phone?

Thank You in advance!

Roel Taga, Mar 19, 2017
  3. kevamiga Win User
    USB Device Not Recognised

Not sure about this, but when i connect my nokia with it powered off, it detects it as a different type of USB device... On my old LG phone this was like a failsafe non firmware using device.. can nokias be flashed using this mode?

kevamiga, Mar 19, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

It looks like the BSOD happened while your phone was connected and transferring data via USB.

Code: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_USBXHCI!Bulk_Transfer_CompleteCancelable BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_USBXHCI!Bulk_Transfer_CompleteCancelable PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: 0x139_3_USBXHCI!Bulk_Transfer_CompleteCancelable[/quote] You have one USB serial driver in your list of drivers which is really old: usbser_lowerfltx64.sys
    As far as I know this comes from Nokia so I would try and see if there is a more recent W10 interface for Nokia phones.

philc43, Mar 20, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    Check ASUS for BIOS updates and run a chkdsk on your partitions, you could copy/paste following command in an admin command prompt. You wouldn't want to run chkdsk without any parameter or in Windows Explorer.
    Code: chkdsk C: /r&chkdsk D: /r&chkdsk E: /r&chkdsk G: /r[/quote] This could take hours to a day (2 with bad luck)

Chkdsk may not have anything to do with the problem, but it's good practice to do it for the health of Windows *Smile

6. frikic Win User
    Ok thanks for your insights and recommendations, i will check hard drives also.

frikic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when trying to flash my old Nokia phone - Similar Threads - BSOD trying flash

2. i think my old nokia phone bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think my old nokia phone bricked: hello there so i have this phone with windows phone i'm not sure if it's windows phone 8 or 8.1 but when it was turning on it was lagged on nokia logo and it just stayed there for 10 minutes so i pressed power button and volume + screen just went blank and it does not want to...
  3. i think my old nokia phone bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i think my old nokia phone bricked: hello there so i have this phone with windows phone i'm not sure if it's windows phone 8 or 8.1 but when it was turning on it was lagged on nokia logo and it just stayed there for 10 minutes so i pressed power button and volume + screen just went blank and it does not want to...
  4. BSOD while Flashing a Nokia phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD while Flashing a Nokia phone: Hi. there has been multiple times where i tried to flash a Nokia device on Windows 10 different versions/Home and Pro but it always crashes the whole OS with the < KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE > error, making my devices bricked. the only way i can bypass this is by running a...
  5. Forgot pin for nokia lumia 530 phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot pin for nokia lumia 530 phone: Hi l have forgotten the pin to open my nokia lumia 530 phone, but don't want to do a factory reset as that would mean losing messages and pictures that l haven't saved. Is there another way?...
  6. (Old) BSOD when trying to watch video in Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (Old) BSOD when trying to watch video in Chrome: Hello, When I attempt to watch a video on a news site on Chrome, my computer has a BSOD. I have tried uninstalling the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 driver from the device manager making sure to tick the uninstall driver software box. Then I let the computer automatically...
  7. Nokia Lumia Windows Phone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nokia Lumia Windows Phone: Hello there. My phone was on Windows 7.8. When I connected it to Zune, it froze. The screen displays pictorial instructions to connect to PC. However when I did that Windows displayed a message that the USB was not recognised. I took the phone to a repair shop and was...
  8. microsoft maps on Nokia 830 phone

microsoft maps on Nokia 830 phone: The "scout" function for nearby businesses always says it " cannot connect to Bing, try again". It's been doing this for the past few months. Also Bing won't open and sometimes goes directly to cortana instead. whats up, help!...
  9. Nokia Mobile Phone Windows Problem.

Nokia Mobile Phone Windows Problem.: I have a nokia 550 mobile phone and a few days ago- I lost all of my contacts and now have 5 contacts from my outlook account. I have spoken to a few people who have told me I cannot get my old contacts back. Can anyone offer any help and advice. This problem only happened...
  10. Nokia phone usb internet connection problem!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nokia phone usb internet connection problem!: Hi, Last night i upgraded to Win 10 Edu 64 from win 8.1 Pro 64. Everything working fine except the internet. I use my phone as a modem to connect to internet via USB. On all previous versions it worked well. But on win 10 it detects my phone. But when i click on "CONNECT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BSOD when trying to flash my old Nokia phone

2. usbser_lowerfltx64.sys latest