Windows 10: BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10

Discus and support BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10 irql_not_less_or_equal 85340 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by error, May 24, 2017.

1. error Win User

BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10

irql_not_less_or_equal

:)

error, May 24, 2017
  2. midix Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 10

Yep, that's exactly what I also experienced on a fresh Windows install right after Windows downloads and installs drivers automatically. Now I have reinstalled it with internet disabled and will try to install drivers keeping restore points and backups to
    find the cause of the BSOD (but there might be more than one...). But I've created a separate thread for my issue, so I'm just mentioning it here, in case someone finds it helpful:

BSOD driver_power_state_failure when reboot on fresh Windows 10 after install.
    System unbootable afterwards.

midix, May 24, 2017
  3. kyho96 Win User
    Windows 10 boot loop

I was trying to fresh install windows 10 on my laptop using a usb drive, but keeps getting bsod when the white dots starts spinning. I know the usb drive is fine because I just installed another pc using the same usb drive.

kyho96, May 24, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

5. error Win User
    Hey there!
    I dont have windows 10 installed on hard drive. When i try to install windows 10 i get BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

What should I do? Any suggestions?

error, May 24, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    What hardware do you work with?

At what stage does the crash occur? What does the screen show before the BSOD occurs?

7. error Win User
    Hardware

Cpu - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Ram - 3GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 325MHz

Motherboard - ASUSTek Computer INC. NODUS3

Graphics - 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Storage - 465GB Wester Digital WDC WD50 00AAKX-001CA SCSI Disk Device (SATA)

Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device

The crash occur right when im here Attachment 136666

error, May 24, 2017
  8. error Win User

code driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

error, May 24, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Some more questions:
    How old is the hardware?
    Is anything overclocked?
    What cooler and PSU do you have?
    Where did you get the installation media?

Could you check if the BIOS is up to date please. To do this, go into the BIOS and note the version, then check at ASUS what the latest BIOS version is and if it matches the installed version.

10. error Win User
    I have no idea how old it the hardware and i had windows 10 on it before no s nothing

nothing is overclocked

it has stock cooler and psu delta electronics inc dps 460db a

installation media is from office microsoft site

BIOS are up to date

error, May 24, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    When was the last time the hardware was cleaned of dust?

BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

12. error Win User
    Cleaned hardware a month ago
    will run the memtest right now and leave it overnight. When its done will post photo here

error, May 24, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

In your case, 3GB, it shouldn't take longer than 4-6h to reach over 8 passes *Smile

14. zbook New Member
    Click win + R keys and type: winver
    Post the windows version and build.
    type msinfo32, view system type, and post whether x64 or x32
    Are you using windows defender or non-Microsoft antivirus software?
    What problems have you been having that you are planning a clean install as compared to an in place upgrade?
    Are all files backed up?

Did you attempt the clean install from an optical drive, USB, or a desktop virtual DVD?

In administrative command prompt run: sfc /scannow and dism /online cleanup-image /restorehealth
    and post the results for each.

In administrative command prompt paste: C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther
    The C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther folder may be hidden.
    Find the folder and post these logs (share using onedrive or another software that allows sharing):
    setupact.log
    setuperr.log

zbook, May 25, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    @Xilnik, keep in mind that we're dealing with a system that has yet to get a fresh OS installed

Thema:

1. BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD trying install

2. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  3. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  4. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to Fresh Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Fresh Install Windows 10: Hello, I’m trying to fresh install Windows 10 on my computer and encountering the problem seen here.In words: when I boot from a DVD, the Windows logo flashes and then the screen goes blank with a flashing white line. no buttons do anything and i have to hard restart the...
  6. Fresh Windows 10 install - BSOD

Fresh Windows 10 install - BSOD: Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD disk but keep on getting "Kernel Security Check Failure" as soon as i try to boot from the USB. It started with me wanting to move over an old internal HD to my computer that already had windows 7 installed on it. However...
  7. Error 0x8007025D when trying fresh install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x8007025D when trying fresh install windows 10: Hello. I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and I am getting error 0x8007025D "Windows Cannot Install Required Files". The PC had Windows 10 installed on it but when I chose to do a fresh install I deleted all the partitions, including the one which contained...
  8. BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10

BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10: Hello! First time here and I am really hoping someone could help me figure this out. I am having constant BSoDs and I have tried fixing the error codes that pop on the screen. I went as far as doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and I still keep getting them. I have searched...
  9. BSOD on fresh Windows Install

BSOD on fresh Windows Install: I built my PC in May, and have done no hardware changes since then, but have recently had a massive issue with BSODs. On Monday, I was having issues with just application crashes. Games would constantly hard crash, and attempts to repair them would fail. Anti-virus scans...
  10. BSOD on fresh Windows 10 installation

BSOD on fresh Windows 10 installation: Just got a "Kernel Security Check Failure" BSOD on a fresh installation of Windows 10 (Version 1703 OS Build 15063.413) which is about five days old. At the time of the crash I was watching a YouTube video. Thanks 88551