Windows 10: BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone

Discus and support BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I let my computer idle for more than 10 minutes I get a BSOD with either MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.Attachment 59563 37945 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brandonfoss, Jan 18, 2016.

1. BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone

Whenever I let my computer idle for more than 10 minutes I get a BSOD with either MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.Attachment 59563

:)

brandonfoss, Jan 18, 2016
  2. odennehy Win User

I wish MICROSOFT would leave my computer alone!

re: feedback .. Interesting I had the Windows Feedback app (?) pinned to my start tiles area (or whatever its now called). After the anniversary update, that appears to have disappeared. Your direction "go to the Start Windows Start icon" (which
    apparently was a casualty to the anniversary release?) also illustrates a big problem w/ sweeping UI changes; any help documentation written
    previously is instantly rendered use less .. yet Microsoft (and Google and others) seem quite cavalier in their willingness to change UIs, made worse by the fact that the user is loosing control over WHEN they want to make these changes.

I spent 35 years as a software developer and in quality assurance, so I've spent some time on the other side of the fence releasing code to users. My principle gripe is really not so much WHAT Microsoft is releasing, as the model they seem to moving towards
    as to HOW they release code: pushing it onto users on their (Microsoft's) schedule, rather than allowing users to decide when is a good time to make the switch.

The "anniversary" release being a prime example; short of rescheduling it over and over, 3 days at a shot, one effectively has no choice but to make the change regardless of the fact that it may be a really bad time for the user to be doing so.

I'll give you another very personal example. My father has dementia, lives in assisted living. I got him a Windows 7 machine a few years back because he was accustomed to it and could function reasonably well; get mail, surf the net. His computer is his
    life-line to the outside world.

Then along comes Windows 10, and every day he would get a pop-up: FREE .. UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10. And I kept telling my father, Dad, ignore it .. Well, eventually after being pestered day after day, he forgot my warning and made the switch. This effectively
    left my father with a machine he no longer knew how to use; his door to the outside world was slammed shut .. thank you Microsoft. It would have been more humane to users -- like my father -- to have an option like, "Thank you, but no, I choose NOT to upgrade
    my machine. Period. No."

Again, having been on the other side of the fence, I understand it's easy to lose sight of the impact one's changes are making to users who are actually just trying to get their own jobs done. One company I worked with, we were intent to make major releases
    of software every year; until we actually ASKED our customers, and they said, NO, we DON'T WANT major releases every year because of the lost time needed to adjust to the new software. Bug fixes .. sure .. major changes, like UI changes, no ..

So Microsoft .. give your users a CHOICE on when is convenient for them to make changes!

odennehy, Jan 18, 2016
  3. odennehy Win User
    I wish MICROSOFT would leave my computer alone!

I wish MICROSOFT would leave my computer alone! It's hard to get work done with Microsoft pushing it's "enhancements" on me whether I want them or not. The Anniversary "update" hosed my machine for several hours on the first attempt to install, then after
    successfully installing the second go round changed the UI .. I for one don't want CORTANA, and as the person here noted, I DID use the Start Menu.

odennehy, Jan 18, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone

Please uninstall Avast and use Windows Defender as alternative
    Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Code: ffffd000`29475b38 fffff801`9bc40a92Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys aswSP+0x10a92 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys[/quote] If it doesn't improve stability, test the memory and let me know what the result of the test is.

BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. I had avira before, uninstalled that and used windows defender. still had issue and installed avast. will test memory and report back

brandonfoss, Jan 22, 2016
  6. Ran memtest for 36 hours, 9 passes. No errors.

brandonfoss, Jan 23, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Could you boot in your BIOS and tell me what the memory frequency and voltage are?

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone

1. BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone - Similar Threads - BSOD whenever leave

2. WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.: I'M SICK AND FLIPPING TIRED OF MICROSOFT TRYING TO CONTROL THE FREAKING WORLD. WHY CANT YOU LEAVE MY SETTING PREFERENCES ALONE? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING TO CHANGE ALL MY PREFERENCES BACK EVERYTIME YOU DO AN UPDATE. BING SUCKS!!!! I DON'T USE IT, I USE GOOGLE. QUIT...
  3. WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.: I'M SICK AND FLIPPING TIRED OF MICROSOFT TRYING TO CONTROL THE FREAKING WORLD. WHY CANT YOU LEAVE MY SETTING PREFERENCES ALONE? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING TO CHANGE ALL MY PREFERENCES BACK EVERYTIME YOU DO AN UPDATE. BING SUCKS!!!! I DON'T USE IT, I USE GOOGLE. QUIT...
  4. What apps must I leave alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What apps must I leave alone: So, I've had my computer for a couple years and I've installed way too many apps. Now I have this intimidating mess of apps I have to clean. I want to delete everything I don't recognize/use because I'm worried it could be malware or that it's just taking space and making my...
  5. What apps must I leave alone

What apps must I leave alone: So, I've had my computer for a couple years and I've installed way too many apps. Now I have this intimidating mess of apps I have to clean. I want to delete everything I don't recognize/use because I'm worried it could be malware or that it's just taking space and making my...
  6. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it: Hi!I am SO frustrated with OneDrive. It won't leave me alone. It is completely uninstalled on my computer and yet it continually pops up at me with messages about saving to OneDrive or "Please upload to OneDrive to share", etc.It is a huge time-sucker when it continues to...
  7. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it: Hi!I am SO frustrated with OneDrive. It won't leave me alone. It is completely uninstalled on my computer and yet it continually pops up at me with messages about saving to OneDrive or "Please upload to OneDrive to share", etc.It is a huge time-sucker when it continues to...
  8. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

9. LEAVE MY PC ALONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVE MY PC ALONE: Why Windows using all my Disk usage, im tired of this, Windows update, superfetech or whatever, delivery, widnows log, windows read WIDNOW WINDOWS WINODSW!!! can i use my pc for a bit if u dont mind??? i cant do anything, while playing i had lags because of WIndows, opening...
  10. Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes: For the past month or so I have this recurring problem: after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something like that. And when I try to wake it up pressing the power button it REBOOTS (instead of waking up, or at least waking up...