Windows 10: BSOD Whenever I run Backup & Restore (ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged)

Discus and support BSOD Whenever I run Backup & Restore (ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running Windows 10, Full specs are in profile. I get the BSOD: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" Who crashed tells me it was triggered by: ntfs.sys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheBuz, Mar 21, 2016.

1. TheBuz Win User

BSOD Whenever I run Backup & Restore (ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged)

Running Windows 10, Full specs are in profile.

I get the BSOD: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

Who crashed tells me it was triggered by: ntfs.sys (NTFS!NtfsCommonWrite+0xB40)

This happens randomly, but i can trigger it by running backup & restore and trying to create an image of C: Drive

I have tried new ram (after googling) but the BSOD is still there.

I have attached my dmp file, but i am really at a loss here. iv'e been trying for a few weeks. (it's important that i have a daily image of C: drive)

I haven't installed any new software. it used to happen once every 2 months, which i could live with, now it's everyday.

:)

TheBuz, Mar 21, 2016

2. BSOD PROBLEM WINDOWS 10

please help i'm facing problem of multiple bsod like k mode exception not handled(ntfs.sys) and many others

i have tried almost everything available on this forum but the problem still persists

computer work for 5-10 minutes then there is problem of bsod

In safe mode its running fine no problem of bsod i have clean install windows but problem is still there after clean install

mini dmp files

minidump.zip

harshmaurya, Mar 21, 2016
  3. BSOD's on 4 week old install of Win10

Just got a new BSOD this morning on bootup.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (NTFS.SYS)

Aaronthooo, Mar 21, 2016
  4. BSOD Whenever I run Backup & Restore (ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged)

Hello TheBuz and welcome to 10forums! *Smile

Please right click on Windows key on the taskbar -> Command Prompt(Admin) -> chkdsk /r /f

Also I would recommend that you download from Corsair, SSD Toolbox, you can find it under the downloads tab:
    Force 60gb

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 21, 2016
  5. TheBuz Win User
    Hi Boris *Smile

I have just tried chkdsk /r /f i also updated my SSD firmware, and no had no luck i ran "backup & restore" again and got the same BSOD
    (i already had SSD Toolbox installed)

EDIT: added crash dump

TheBuz, Mar 21, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    All 3 of the dumps indicate memory_corruption.

Please follow this tutorial to run memtest86+ to checkout your system ram.

MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD Whenever I run Backup & Restore (ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged) [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Mar 22, 2016
  7. TheBuz Win User
    Hi ztruker,

I have tried 12 passes of memtest, and swapping out the RAM with RAM from my other pc with no change.

I have also just done a full clean reinstall of windows 10 and the problem is stll there :-(

TheBuz, Mar 22, 2016
  8. BSOD Whenever I run Backup & Restore (ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged)

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 22, 2016
  9. TheBuz Win User
    Hi i have updated the bios, and still no change, using 3rd party backup software, which uses the same windows services (VSS, Shadow copy ect.) has no BSOD.

*Sad

TheBuz, Mar 22, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    You have a lot of stuff starting at boot that I don't recognize or could be disabled:

Code: Caption Command User CouchPotato CouchPotato.lnk MediaServer-PC\Media Server Deluge Deluge.lnk MediaServer-PC\Media Server SABnzbd SABnzbd.lnk MediaServer-PC\Media Server Sonarr Sonarr.lnk MediaServer-PC\Media Server Private Internet Access "C:\Program Files\pia_manager\pia_manager.exe" --startup MediaServer-PC\Media Server Viscosity C:\Program Files\Viscosity\Viscosity.exe MediaServer-PC\Media Server uTorrent "C:\Users\Media Server\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /MINIMIZED MediaServer-PC\Media Server NoIPDUCv4 "C:\Program Files (x86)\No-IP\DUC40.exe" /minimize MediaServer-PC\Media Server Plex Media Server "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Plex Media Server.exe" MediaServer-PC\Media Server Belvedere C:\PROGRA~2\BELVED~1\BELVED~1.EXE Public Remote Launcher Server C:\PROGRA~2\REMOTE~1\REMOTE~1.JAR Public XFast LAN C:\Program Files\ASRock\XFast LAN\cFosSpeed.exe Public StableBit DrivePool Notifications C:\Program Files\StableBit\DrivePool\DrivePool.Notifications.exe Public[/quote] Try doing a Clean Boot and test for awhile, see if the problem goes away. If so then follow the instructions on how to isolate the cause of the problem.

Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

Ztruker, Mar 22, 2016
  11. TheBuz Win User
    I would like to thank everyone for all the time they have put into helping me, it really is appreciated.

This machine i am using as our media server and back up machine, and I'm going to take the cowards way out, as i want to minimise downtime.

I have a feeling its a software issue as i can run the backup once with no issues, but it will blue screen on the 2nd backup.

Im going to fresh install Windows 10 again and split plex and my download programmes into 2 separate VMs and run the system that way. It might also help to isolate the issue, although i might run the VMs in linux.

So it much easier to restore if there's a problem.

I have a nightly c drive image backup in case the ssd dies (which would have been an easier problem to fix)

Thanks again for everyones help

TheBuz, Mar 23, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Please let us know how you make out after splitting the VMs.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Whenever I run Backup & Restore (ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged)

1. BSOD Whenever I run Backup & Restore (ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged) - Similar Threads - BSOD Whenever run

2. BSOD when running driver verifier Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when running driver verifier Wdf01000.sys: Here's the minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AvlkeXYpyZj72SJzaiKQ2wxqvzWF?e=5HFXAH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-when-running-driver-verifier-wdf01000sys/0caa9152-f2e5-4b1d-a14d-ed32530976c3
  3. Backup runs System restore instead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup runs System restore instead: Using Win Backup & System Restore Windows 7 option in Win 10. When I click on "Backup now" a System Restore runs instead. Takes hours and tells me my computer has been restored to an earlier state. Tried this twice with the same result. However the Backup appears to have...
  4. dxgmms2.sys BSOD when running Netflix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD when running Netflix: I have run the driver verifier and created a minidump and nfo file. Intel i5-8400 Windows 10 1909 GTX1060 3GB Thanks for the help! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhRaCX8SFQwSpzXo1QxYDCZsTpQr?e=telifi...
  5. Setup Backup on Backup and Restore Windows 7 not running when clicked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup Backup on Backup and Restore Windows 7 not running when clicked: Good morning, hoping someone could help me with the above. As the title says, whenever I click on setup backup it briefly shows the blue spinning wheel and then stops without executing. There is no error message. I've tried adjusting settings, checking the event viewer to see...
  6. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  7. Format external backup drive for NTFS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Format external backup drive for NTFS: I purchased an external backup drive made by Verbatim. when I try to do a full system backup from Windows 10, I get the message that I can't backup to this drive because it is not formatted for NTFS. How do I format this drive for NTFS?...
  8. Facing BSOD Wdf01000.sys whenever i try to do something on Sony Vegas

Facing BSOD Wdf01000.sys whenever i try to do something on Sony Vegas: this problem started from yesterday and still i couldn't fix it. Everything is just fine but if i try to do something on sony vegas i get blue screen this never happened with me before. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall vegas, uninstall and reinstall amd driver,...
  9. BSOD while running Driver Verifier Wdf01000.sys

BSOD while running Driver Verifier Wdf01000.sys: Hi! Ever since I updated to Windows 10 i keep getting these random freezes(sometimes when i am playing or even when i am just browsing the internet) and it came up with this electric like buzzing in the speakers(also in headphones so it is not the sound equipment). This has...
  10. Restoring backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393
Tags: