Windows 10: BSOD where WinDbg suspects ntkrnlmp.exe

Discus and support BSOD where WinDbg suspects ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have been having BSOD issues for the last several months on this laptop. They most commonly appear when I'm playing music and/or games, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by coolblueflame, Aug 21, 2015.

1. BSOD where WinDbg suspects ntkrnlmp.exe

Hello.

I have been having BSOD issues for the last several months on this laptop. They most commonly appear when I'm playing music and/or games, and it has gotten to the point where I am hesitant to even play online games anymore, as I often end up getting a BSOD in the middle of a game.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 hoping that it may help things, but it did not. I followed a WinDbg guide (from sevenforums I believe) and found that one of my video drivers was failing, so I updated that and my BSOD issues have become less frequent, but they still persist. The most recent crashes blame ntkrnlmp.exe and the reading I've done suggests that ntkrnlmp.exe is most likely a red herring and the actual issue lies elsewhere. I tried running Prime95's Blend Test, but it just caused my computer to BSOD after 10-15 minutes, and all of the tests in the log succeeded. Event viewer lists recent bugchecks as 0x0000003d and 0x0000001a.

I don't really know where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

coolblueflame, Aug 21, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

Win10 BSoDs, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

WinDbg show the errors point to the snapman.sys:

Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e81 )

The snapman.sys, which appears to be dated from 2006, is a driver for Acronis TI

So try updating or just uninstalling Acronis TI.

If WinDbg showed the ntkrnlmp.exe at fault make sure you are the latest version of WinDbg and that the symbol path has been set - there are steps in the following link :

Install and Configure WinDBG for BSOD Analysis

auggy, Aug 21, 2015
  3. TJCompton Win User
    Win10 BSoDs, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

I went ahead and uninstalled the snapman drivers, and haven't had another BSoD in the last hour.

Will report back if it happens again.

Thank you!

TJCompton, Aug 21, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD where WinDbg suspects ntkrnlmp.exe

Please run MemTest86+ to test your RAM, MemTest86+ tutorial
    MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Thema:

BSOD where WinDbg suspects ntkrnlmp.exe

1. BSOD where WinDbg suspects ntkrnlmp.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD where WinDbg

2. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  3. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  4. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul: Olá, bom dia.Ultimamente ando tendo problemas de tela azul DPC_WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION no Windows 10 á um tempo 3 meses, normalmente a tela azul ocorre quando estou com o Roblox aberto. Realizei alguns testes de correções e até agora não fui capaz de resolver o problema.As...
  6. BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul: Olá, bom dia.Ultimamente ando tendo problemas de tela azul DPC_WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION no Windows 10 á um tempo 3 meses, normalmente a tela azul ocorre quando estou com o Roblox aberto. Realizei alguns testes de correções e até agora não fui capaz de resolver o problema.As...
  7. BSOD - DPC_WatchDogs_Violation, ntkrnlmp Tela azul

8. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  9. BSOD windbg help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD windbg help: Hello Im getting random bsod's in windows 10 . I used Windbg to analyze mini dump , but dont know how to read it. So where should i look and how read the debug report to identify cause of bsod.. Thanks submitted by /u/sk2536 [link] [comments]...
  10. winDbg report after BSOD

winDbg report after BSOD: REPORT: Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!FsRtlNotifyFilterReportChange+122 ) Background: ... ran chkdsk ... verified all drivers up to date ... ran memtest86+-5.01 ... AVG indicates virus free ... reinstalled win 10 ... PC is ancient Vista laptop 88462
Tags: