Windows 10: BSOD while doing anything , error ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD while doing anything , error ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, For about 2 months now ive been getting BSOD. been trying all sorts of fixes and nothing seems to be working.. some advice would be much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteelyB, Dec 7, 2016.

1. SteelyB Win User

BSOD while doing anything , error ntoskrnl.exe

Hey all,

For about 2 months now ive been getting BSOD. been trying all sorts of fixes and nothing seems to be working.. some advice would be much appreciated!

:)

SteelyB, Dec 7, 2016
  2. StamosK Win User

NTOSKRNL.EXE

I am running Windows 10. I was getting frequent (every 3-5 hours) critical errors ("error 41 (63) kernel power"). After a number of attempts to fix the problem, I decided to "reset" Windows, so I got a brand new installation.

Once the installation was completed, I decided to test all the drivers using VERIFIER before I do anything else. TO make the long story short, I narrowed the problem down to NTOSKRNL.EXE. In short, while I have Verifier on (using only NTOSKRNL.EXE as the
    driver to be tested) my computer fails to boot with a BSOD. All the other drivers test OK.

Question: Is there a direct way to get a replacement driver for the NTOSKRNL.EXE?

Thanks for any help.

StamosK, Dec 7, 2016
  3. EThe coli Win User
    BSOD errors without an identifiable cause

Okay I may or may not be onto something now. Since, from what I've read, it seems that most ntoskrnl.exe BSODs are not actually caused by ntoskrnl, but by another driver that takes up the krnl's space. When ntoskrnl.exe finds it, it throws the system into
    a BSOD to prevent damage. Looking the the dump files, I found that there was a driver called hal.dll, but the crash address was different from the driver address. The crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00, the same as my above post. There is also another driver
    called dxgmms2.sys who's crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00. I'm not sure if this will help or if it means anything but I'm looking for anything at this point.

EThe coli, Dec 7, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Some of these dumps look corrupt and one is pointed at your razor mouse driver. From the driver txt file it does appear this driver is pretty old I would check the manufacturer site for a updated driver and see if that resolves your issues.

Neemobeer, Dec 7, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD while doing anything , error ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD while doing

2. BSOD errors PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD errors PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl: Continue to receive these ... rand system file checker and also updated all drivers from Dells site.I have the dump files how can i attach them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-errors-psheddll-and-ntoskrnl/e28e8852-6a2f-47ea-a539-2551c8c718e8
  3. BSOD errors PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD errors PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl: Continue to receive these ... rand system file checker and also updated all drivers from Dells site.I have the dump files how can i attach them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-errors-psheddll-and-ntoskrnl/e28e8852-6a2f-47ea-a539-2551c8c718e8
  4. BSOD errors PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having bsod MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3f8590 while gamingOnedrive[dump]:-https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cbEuXcLPxov3GoDA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f8590-memorymanagement-while-gaming/f2c1c4fe-5a22-49ff-95b0-ce80bd6b3f6a
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  7. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. BSOD while not doing anything and browsing

BSOD while not doing anything and browsing: Hi, I have been experiencing BSODs many times in a day. It's started a few days ago. I don't understand why it's occurring to my PC. It happens when I browse and it also happens when I do nothing just keeping the PC on and going out for awhile and after I return, I see it...
Tags: