Windows 10: BSOD while gaming (any game) ks.sys most recent culprit

Discus and support BSOD while gaming (any game) ks.sys most recent culprit in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been using Windbg and the Reliability tool to check my error codes, etc. and still have not been able to nail down what it could possibly be. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GHMOneBall, Sep 17, 2016.

1. BSOD while gaming (any game) ks.sys most recent culprit

I've been using Windbg and the Reliability tool to check my error codes, etc. and still have not been able to nail down what it could possibly be. I have attached a Zip with all of my info as instructed. I admitted failure at one point and used Driver Booster to update drivers that were more behind the scenes (Chipset, AHCI, Sata, PCIe etc.) But still have not found a way to remedy the BSOD's. The crashes are now a little better as far as how big they are in WinDbg (as you will see in my minidumps), but still prohibiting me from streaming.

Some of the steps I took:

Reset my Overclock to stock to see if I was pushing it (modest 4.5GHz with the 6700k), no effect.

Went from Enterprise WIN10 10240, to the latest and greatest WIN10 Pro on the anniversary update.

I pinpointed Corsair Link 4 as causing problems, which I noticed when my AIO cooler would randomly up-speed and showed up during a MEMORY_CORRUPTION error. Updated Link and it has not shown up since.

I also ran SFC, The windows memory diagnostic (came back clear, no errors), as well as DISM with the appropriate commands.

Edit: I also unpacked nvlddmkm.sys into my drivers folder as it was not there. (using Expand.exe)

Thanks in advance.

:)

GHMOneBall, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Drexl Win User

I am getting BSOD System Service Exception dxgmms2.sys when adding webcams to vMix software.

I'm getting this specific BSOD as well. Currently it only occurs while playing Starbound, and only in certain locations in the game. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers and I likewise saw nothing like this until the most recent windows update.

Drexl, Sep 17, 2016
  3. BSOD while playing videos in VLC Media Player

Thanks for your assistance. I figured out what the issue was. ASUS Game First III program was the culprit that was causing the BSOD issue.

Nolan Pinto, Sep 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD while gaming (any game) ks.sys most recent culprit

Hello GHMOneBall,

Your WINDOWS 10 appears to be counterfeit. Please install a genuine activated copy and we will be able to help.

philc43, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

BSOD while gaming (any game) ks.sys most recent culprit

1. BSOD while gaming (any game) ks.sys most recent culprit - Similar Threads - BSOD while gaming

2. Game/Game Engine specific BSOD, Most Recent BSOD Dump File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game/Game Engine specific BSOD, Most Recent BSOD Dump File: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION 13aThe kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000011, Type of corruption detectedArg2: ffff838b3e010100, Address of the heap that reported the corruptionArg3: ffff838b53786660, Address at which the...
  3. Game/Game Engine specific BSOD, Most Recent BSOD Dump File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game/Game Engine specific BSOD, Most Recent BSOD Dump File: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION 13aThe kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000011, Type of corruption detectedArg2: ffff838b3e010100, Address of the heap that reported the corruptionArg3: ffff838b53786660, Address at which the...
  4. Game/Game Engine specific BSOD, Most Recent BSOD Dump File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  6. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  7. Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming)

Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming): Hi as the title reads I'm experiencing a lot of problems, especially the BSOD's. I have no idea what and how to post files that may help so please provide instructions so I can do that. Some BSOD errors I got today are: - LiveKernelEvent code 1a1 and 141 -...
  8. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games): Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and...
  9. BSOD while Gaming, any flavor of game

BSOD while Gaming, any flavor of game: Hi, hoping someone can help me interpret my dmp files, I've been having an issue for several months. My computer will frequently crash while gaming. I started troubleshooting by conducting the following: -running memory tests -monitoring my GPU/CPU temps under stress tests...
  10. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...