Windows 10: BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1

Discus and support BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got a pretty decent pc (will post specs if needed), and since like 3 months after i bought it, i had these BSoDs: kmode_exception_not_handled,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raphaeloper, May 22, 2017.

1. BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1

I've got a pretty decent pc (will post specs if needed), and since like 3 months after i bought it, i had these BSoDs: kmode_exception_not_handled, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I went to the store with a request to fix it, they told me they haven't found anything, but the Blue Screens came back... and so the cycle repeated for something like 5 times. And then, for awhile, it ran with no problems. But recently(1.5 years after purchase), it returned. I tried updating drivers, ran memtest (nothing found), ran verifier(found faulty drivers, uninstalled, but the problem persisted), re-installed windows, but it was crashing while i was installing it. I'm pretty sure that it's no physical damage.
    Please, if anyone can help, i'll be really thankful. I'm really hopelessAttachment 136330

:)

Raphaeloper, May 22, 2017

2. Blue screen error of death Error BSOD IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hello and thank you for replying. my graphics card drivers are all up to date and windows is up to date too. If I recall correctly the BSOD had the code "0x000000d1". Would this change anything? I also checked my wi fi adapter drivers, my ethernet drivers,
    and sound drivers and they were all up to date. I also updated a few other drivers and some chipset family ones in the system devices section. The thing with this BSOD is that it only happens sometimes and only when gaming after a while, or it may not show
    up at all.

CaptainGunny, May 22, 2017
  3. Bluesecreens

just had a 3 hour gaming session without a single bsod.

i dont wanna jinx it but maybe replacing the thermalpaste was the solution since the cpu temperature readings were , while idle, all over the place.

RemonHozein, May 22, 2017
  4. BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1

Code: 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (21.05.2017 19:54:12) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver[/quote] Code: 2017-05-20T21 14:13.408 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: . 2017-05-21T20 18:01.001 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: . 2017-05-21T21 54:55.375 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: .[/quote]
    Since u uninstalled/reinstalled drivers theres maybe a problem with the GPU. But first please check if theres a newer version of the nvidia driver, or roll back to an older version. As u can see the nvidia driver crashes and the bsod dumps show an driver problem. But it could be the the GPU is defective an causes the driver to crash (overheating). U should perform a GPU test:

BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

BSODHunter, May 23, 2017
  5. For how long should I do this test? And I had no updates.

Raphaeloper, May 23, 2017
  6. BSODHunter, May 23, 2017
  7. Raphaeloper, May 23, 2017
  8. BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1

can u provide the complete memory dump? It can be found under C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Its a big file, maybe u can upload it on dropbox or onedrive.

BSODHunter, May 23, 2017
  9. Raphaeloper, May 23, 2017
  10. This is from the MEMORY.DMP

Code: 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (24.05.2017 14:52:27) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: ntoskrnl nvlddmkm.sys [1.05.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers[/quote]
    Again it seems the culprit is GPU driver or GPU itself. There a just three options for that: Install a newer version from nvidia driver or roll back to an older one. Replace the GPU to test if the problem persists. Try the second PCIe Slot on your mainboard if it has one.
    Use DDU for reinstalling the GPU driver.

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.

BSODHunter, May 25, 2017
  11. Again it seems the culprit is GPU driver or GPU itself. There a just three options for that: Install a newer version from nvidia driver or roll back to an older one. Replace the GPU to test if the problem persists. Try the second PCIe Slot on your mainboard if it has one.
    Use DDU for reinstalling the GPU driver.

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel. [/quote] I tried installing the newest version of the driver, didn't work. I also rolled back the driver to a pretty old version, also didn't work. I don't have a spare GPU to replace it, so I haven't tried that one. I don't really know how to switch to the second PCIe slot, so if I could get some instructions, that would be awesome. BTW, my motherboard: h110m-k by asus
    P.S.: For some reason, no more than 5 dumps are saved... the drive has plenty of space, so I don't know what may cause that.

Raphaeloper, Jun 2, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Your board only has one PCIE16 slot.

Ztruker, Jun 3, 2017
  13. BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1

So is there nothing that I can do, but replacing the GPU?

Raphaeloper, Jun 3, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Have you tried older versions of the Nvidia driver?

Ztruker, Jun 4, 2017
  15. Yes

Raphaeloper, Jun 4, 2017
Thema:

BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1

1. BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1 - Similar Threads - BSOD while idle

2. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  3. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  4. Windows BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD while Idle: About a week ago, My PC started to bsod. For some reason, It only crashes when its idle, and not doing anything else. I can run games, watch videos, and do basically anything else perfectly fine with no hiccups, but if I just leave the pc sitting there idle, it crashes in a...
  5. Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming)

Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming): Hi as the title reads I'm experiencing a lot of problems, especially the BSOD's. I have no idea what and how to post files that may help so please provide instructions so I can do that. Some BSOD errors I got today are: - LiveKernelEvent code 1a1 and 141 -...
  6. 0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly

0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly: I have seen so many of these threads and dislike to create another, suppose it's time for my own dump though. The following is a copy of my notes that I've tried to clean up a bit for this thread. Checked for windows updates due to RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error....
  7. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games): Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and...
  8. BSOD while playing Overwatch, error 0x000000d1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD while playing Overwatch, error 0x000000d1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: As the title says I'm getting a BSOD on my wife's computer when running overwatch. Not sure if it's related but the BSOD only occurs when playing a match with other human players, bot matches don't cause a crash. I've done what little diagnostics i know how to do, i've...
  9. BSOD whenever gaming, errors 0x000000d1 & 0x0000001e

BSOD whenever gaming, errors 0x000000d1 & 0x0000001e: Here's a thread in which this problem was addressed on Tom's Hardware (it led me here.) Forum used earlier: Multiple Errors Causing BSOD on Windows 10 - Windows 10 Dump Files: Attachment 107031 I play Battlefield 1 (now!) [BF1] and Rainbow Six Siege [R6S] pretty...
  10. BSOD's while Playing games and Idling

BSOD's while Playing games and Idling: Hi everyone! I recently built a new computer and I was very very excited since I haven't started from scratch for several years. Sadly its been plagued with game crashes and BSODs. Initially I assumed that I had installed the drivers incorrectly and that was the source of...
Tags: