Windows 10: BSOD while idle or working. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Discus and support BSOD while idle or working. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I keep getting BSOD (KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR) while my laptop is idle or while I am working. I debugged one of the dump files, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leoescucha, Sep 27, 2016.

1. BSOD while idle or working. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Hi!

I keep getting BSOD (KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR) while my laptop is idle or while I am working.

I debugged one of the dump files, and the bugcheck mentions that it might be linked to "memory_corruption". I was wondering if the HDD is the culprit (because it had a few issues), or if the problem might be related to a driver.

Some things I've done:

- Windows Memtest results were OK
    - CHKDSK found no problems, although I have 48 KB in bad sectors. I run a chkdsk /r at least once a week. Results attached.
    - Windows defender found no issues.

Peripherals usually connected:

- USB mouse
    - USB Wacom Intuos tablet (I had a some BSOD episodes while it unplugged though)
    - a second monitor (I had a some BSOD episodes while it was unplugged though)

Thank you so much for your help.

Leo

:)

leoescucha, Sep 27, 2016
  2. MtSeldon Win User

System restarts after sometime without user interaction.

I started the computer in safe mode , and computer ran with a BSOD .

now how am i going to find what's responsible for the BSOD while computer is idle?

MtSeldon, Sep 27, 2016
  3. BSOD Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error

Sorry but we need the actual files. a word document of BSV is not helpful.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 27, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while idle or working. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Please remove either of your memory sticks, running mixed memory can cause various of problems that can be difficult to diagnose properly. Please know that it does not matter if your running this setup for a long period.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 001bh] Physical Memory Array Handle 001ah Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 0dh - SODIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1333MHz Manufacturer A-DATA Technology Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number AD73I1C1674EV [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 001dh] Physical Memory Array Handle 001ah Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 2048MB Form Factor 0dh - SODIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator DIMM1 Bank Locator BANK 2 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1333MHz Manufacturer Nanya Technology Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number NT2GC64B88G0NS-CG [/quote]

5. Thanks, I'll try that!

leoescucha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD while idle or working. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

1. BSOD while idle or working. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR - Similar Threads - BSOD while idle

2. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA while idling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA while idling: Hello. I have been having consistent BSOD's randomly throughout the usage of my PC this week. It doesn't seem to have a specific cause, but usually occurs when i'm idling on my PC. Mainly the error seems to be PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Any idea what could be causing it?...
  3. random bsods even while idle

random bsods even while idle: i keep getting bsod'd i had a whole thing about it wrote up and then got it again before posting, it was fine with i built the comeputer but after i was forced to reinstall windows it started to happen alot, all dskchk and sfc scans came out fine, this is my last hope. 118605
  4. BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR: I recently had my HP m6 ENVY laptop crash on me while the computer was idling. This occurred shortly after I had reinstalled my display drivers to fix an issue with the laptop crashing right after opening the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Not sure if it has anything to...
  5. Random BSODs and restarts while idle

Random BSODs and restarts while idle: Recently my computer has started restarting itself and/or crashing when not in use. As long as I have something active and in use, like a youtube video or a game running, it will not crash or restart at all; it only restarts when I leave it idle. For example, just now I left...
  6. BSOD while idle on desktop

BSOD while idle on desktop: The past few days I have been getting BSOD while my computer was idle on desktop with only Google Chrome open and other background programs. Both times it has happened my monitor was in sleep mode so I was unable to see the BSOD myself but I have the minidumps. 84345
  7. BSOD at night while idle

BSOD at night while idle: This has been going on for awhile and I cant seem to figure out the issue. I have turned off all C-State settings to fix the issue but there problem is still there. 27462
  8. BSOD while playing or idle

BSOD while playing or idle: Hello, i build this PC in december, and everything was runing fine until like 2 months ago. Getting random BSOD while playing some of them happend even when idle. The most recent ones are from today playing Diablo 3, got 3 BSOD in a span of an hour. Getting about 3-4...
  9. Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..

Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..: Hi all, I have been getting frequent BSOD over the past 3 months or so, I run "chkdsk /f /r" once or twice a week via the "assist" button boot drive cmd to get it less often. I tried running sfc but it stops halfway, I tried updating it via safe mode but I couldn't....
  10. BSOD's while Playing games and Idling

BSOD's while Playing games and Idling: Hi everyone! I recently built a new computer and I was very very excited since I haven't started from scratch for several years. Sadly its been plagued with game crashes and BSODs. Initially I assumed that I had installed the drivers incorrectly and that was the source of...