Windows 10: BSOD While in desktop, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Discus and support BSOD While in desktop, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, Since last friday my pc is hanging with weird BSOD's all the time at random times with diffrent errors. The first one,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Svid, May 7, 2017.

1. Svid Win User

BSOD While in desktop, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Greetings,
    Since last friday my pc is hanging with weird BSOD's all the time at random times with diffrent errors.
    The first one, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, was related to nvidia driver as i saw this: nvlddmkm.sys.
    So i reinstalled the drivers after removing the old one's in safe mode with DDU (Using 382.05).
    After one day, another BSOD but this time KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with the same nvlddmkm.sys.
    I was thinking might be buggy driver but even with older ones (381.89) had this BSOD aswell.
    Brand new GTX 1080 Ti aorus xtreme edition

Windows 10 pro 64 bit creators update
    Core i7 6900K at 4 Ghz, 64GB RAM HyperX predator 3000Mhz, ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10.

All the drivers (USB, etc are up to date), Mobo bios up to date.
    Did memtest86 for 36hrs (8 passes) all good (saw other posts that recommending to perform a memtest so i did it).

I'm starting to think that i got a defective gpu here.
    Posting a dump as the pinned post tells to do.

:)

Svid, May 7, 2017
  2. dire-x Win User

BSOD Memory_Management and other

Just had another BSOD, this time it was a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Was playing Guild Wars 2 while Firefox was open playing a video on Youtube.

another minidump

dire-x, May 7, 2017
  3. JackWyt Win User
    received error message: BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10.

Hi, I thought I had stopped all my Blue Screen's but unfortunately not, I posted a question about this a while ago and had some helpful suggestions which has certainly made the BSOD less frequent.

Now, it's under a different error name "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". I've posted the DMP file below in my One Drive but I wasn't able to Zip it for some reason (I hope this isn't an inconvenience).

ANY help with this would be very very appreciated!

Also i've attached a link to my previous BSOD question if it's any help. Thankyou for taking time to read this!

DMP FILE: 033116-5640-01.dmp

PREVIOUS BSOD POST: BSOD - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Original title:BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Need help)

JackWyt, May 7, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Two fo the 3 dumps indicate a problem with your Nvidia card or driver.
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80eb9ead7a3, 0, ffffffffffffffff} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption ---------[/quote] You have driver version 381.89 dated 19.04.2017.

There is a newer driver available, give it a try:

GeForce Game Ready Driver

Version: 382.05 WHQL Release Date: 2017.5.4 Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit Language: English (US) File Size: 417.59 MB
    BSOD While in desktop, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED [​IMG]

Ztruker, May 8, 2017
  5. Svid Win User
    You have driver version 381.89 dated 19.04.2017.

There is a newer driver available, give it a try:

GeForce Game Ready Driver

Version: 382.05 WHQL Release Date: 2017.5.4 Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit Language: English (US) File Size: 417.59 MB
    BSOD While in desktop, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED [​IMG]
    [/quote] I rolled back to older ones to test if the same BSOD is there too and it was. Same BSOD with both new and older ones.

Svid, May 8, 2017
  6. Sorry for breaking in.

MSI Afterburner showed in all three dumps:
    Code: PROCESS: MSIAfterburner.exe[/quote]
    Please reset GPU clocks to default in Afterburner and uninstall this software. Its known for causing bluescreens.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD While in desktop, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Similar Threads - BSOD While desktop

2. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use: I was watching Twitch and got this BSOD. I tried Driver Verifier using the instructions here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983and this is the dmp...
  3. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use: I was watching Twitch and got this BSOD. I tried Driver Verifier using the instructions here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983and this is the dmp...
  4. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED while in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  6. BSOD While Uploading Files - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD While Uploading Files - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello, When I upload large files to onedrive or youtube I'm getting a blue screen - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Here are the 3 latest dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApPgKasUnsY17X491GXHugspXPlX?e=0NvfRQ Not sure how to fix it : Edit: Specs: MSI GeForce RTX 3080...
  7. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSoD while playing XCOM

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSoD while playing XCOM: I can't seem to catch a break. I have tried numerous solutions and it's getting to the point where I feel like my lack of understanding is leading me to potentially making a mistake that might cost me more than it helps in the long run. The nvlddmkm.sys file has a lot to do...
  8. BSOD While browsing in Chrome "Kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD While browsing in Chrome "Kmode_exception_not_handled: 1Rocster-PC.7z Thanks 106405
  9. BSOD on new build, while playing CS:GO. [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED]

BSOD on new build, while playing CS:GO. [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED]: Hi, I just recently built a new system, here are the specs: ---------------------------------------------------------- CPU: Intel I5-6500 3.2GHz Motherboard: ASUS H170 Pro Gaming LGA 1151 Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 80+ Gold GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Storage:...
  10. BSOD issues while in general use, Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD issues while in general use, Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: I've been having very frequent BSOD's for the past 4-5 months now, I have tried as much as possible to pin-point the problem, but they still persist. I am going to take a wild guess, and say it might be memory related, although I wanted to come here just try to see if anyone...