Windows 10: BSOD while installing a driver

Discus and support BSOD while installing a driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to install a driver to see if the performance would increase. It crashed my system. Also, a crash occurred yesterday and the day before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 22, 2016.

1. BSOD while installing a driver

I was trying to install a driver to see if the performance would increase. It crashed my system. Also, a crash occurred yesterday and the day before yesterday.

Attachment 60166

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 22, 2016

2. Lenovo Yoga 500 BOSD

Please restart Windows driver verifier and run for 36 hours.

It may make the system sluggish while in use.

There was a second misbehaving driver: gzflt.sys

This is a bitdefender driver.

You can uninstall bitdefender.

Then wait 2 weeks and if there are no more BSOD reinstall the AV.

If there are BSOD then you will need to choose another AV product.

If there are no BSOD related to its installation then continue using the AV product.

questions_, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Bluescreen - win32kfull.sys

I am running the Insider Prewiew program, and with build 17025, the bsod kept happening.

Uninstalling Volume2 didn't help at all. After disabling all startup programs and looking for the culprit, in my case I found that BSOD were happening because of the Wacom Driver. Once I uninstalled Wacom Driver 6.3.25-5, the BSOD where
    gone. Afterwards, I installed the same driver again and I didn't get any BSOD while dragging files or links while my wacom tablet was unplugged. Oddly, then I tried again with the wacom tablet plugged in, and I could still freely drag items with no problem
    whatsoever.

I installed again the stable version of Volume2, and have all my other startup programs enabled, and so far I haven't got any BSODs when dragging. I will keep testing my system and update if the BSOD come back.

Andres7717, Jan 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while installing a driver

BSOD while installing a driver [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

The AMD display drivers have been flagged, but there are no Windows 10 driver updates available for your laptop.
    Also the drivers from your optical USB mouse have been flagged, you need to update your USB mouse drivers
    Driver Reference Table - NMgamingms.sys
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm NMgamingms start end module name fffff800`feb60000 fffff800`feb62c00 NMgamingms T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: NMgamingms.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NMgamingms.sys Image name: NMgamingms.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 24 10:55:08 2009 (4A6976EC) CheckSum: 0000EC2F ImageSize: 00002C00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Drivers from laptop manufacturers are usually altered so installing drivers from other sources causes problems.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

5. swarfega Win User
    Since that driver is so old you should try and find the newest version online. 2009 is from Windows Vista era. If you cannot find any for Windows 10, drivers for Windows 8.1 should work (but not in all cases).

swarfega, Jan 22, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    It is not the only driver that caused crashes, other drivers are drivers provided by the laptop manufacturers but they can only be reinstalled as there are no updates for Windows 10.

7. Thanks for the reply guys. But what should I do?

8. axe0 New Member

What driver were you trying to install and from where?

9. Since I don't have the option to go back to Windows 7, I have no other choice but to stick with Windows 10.

10. It was a driver from the Acer website for my Laptop that supported Windows 8. Also, I am sorry about the System Specs. I have multiple devices running Windows 10 and that's why it isn't filled in correctly.

11. axe0 New Member
    To prevent confusion, please fill in the system specs of the system where the problem is.

12. I did that. Now what? Need help finding a driver if applicable. Also, what if I have a problem with my other computers and I need help. My system specs wont be accurate for the other computers.

13. axe0 New Member

Well, I was hoping that the driver you tried to install was a driver for something else.
    Unless Acer provides Windows 10 support for your laptop there isn't much to troubleshoot.

I would everytime fill in the system specs of the system that is having the problem, but that is me.
    I don't know if it is possible to fill in specs for more then 1 systems in the 'My System Specs', but another possibility is to share the system specs in the first post although not very handy.

14. Well, it seems to be working okay as of now. So, I don't know. I don't have the option to go back to Windows 7.

15. Also, I tried updating my mouse driver through Device Manager but it says its already up to date or installed.

Thema:

1. BSOD while installing a driver - Similar Threads - BSOD while installing

2. BSOD while installing Legacy Realtek HD Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while installing Legacy Realtek HD Audio Driver: Hi, my issue is, in device manager, I couldn't see "Realtek HD Audio Driver/Realtek Audio Driver" and because of this, I cannot use my case's audio i/o either front or back After searching on google, I tried some solutions that I saw. One of them is installing that driver via...
  3. BSOD while installing Legacy Realtek HD Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD while installing Legacy Realtek HD Audio Driver: Hi, my issue is, in device manager, I couldn't see "Realtek HD Audio Driver/Realtek Audio Driver" and because of this, I cannot use my case's audio i/o either front or back After searching on google, I tried some solutions that I saw. One of them is installing that driver via...
  4. BSOD while installing Legacy Realtek HD Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD While installing an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD While installing an app: pls help me i was intalling an app and while it was installing i opened a file (.blend) and it BSOD and after i rebooted i dont know what to do pls help me submitted by /u/Justacoolkid123 [link] [comments]...
  6. Problems with drivers while installing windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with drivers while installing windows: I plug in my usb, start the pc, the installer starts, I choose time zone etc, the installer starts, a few seconds pass, it say it can't find drivers, then ask me to click on them, do I need to download something more? I use the free .iso download submitted by /u/Th3DarkMoon...
  7. BSOD on driver installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on driver installation: i have BS on installing usb 3.0 driver installation. my laptop model is HP Probook 4440S 120630
  8. Constant BSOD while installing new drivers because of atikmdag.sys

Constant BSOD while installing new drivers because of atikmdag.sys: Hey guys. I read a bunch of articles on how to fix the issue but nothing worked so far, so i will try my luck here. So, everything started when I was trying some graphic options in CS:GO. I tried changing some option called "Multicore Rendering" and as soon as I clicked the...
  9. BSOD while installing MS Drawing Driver

BSOD while installing MS Drawing Driver: Using windows update I was installing the MS Drawing Driver and my keyboard flashed (blue lights) and the next thing a BSOD. I have attached the collected files can someone confirm the MS Drawing Driver is responsible. Tim 34912
  10. BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager

BSOD while trying to install Bluetooth driver through Device Manager: I was attempting to install the Bluetooth software from Acer like @Plankton and others said to do, and while installing the driver, the computer blue screened. Below is the dump logs. CINDY-PC-Tue_10_31_2017_203902_10.zip 96971