Windows 10: BSOD While Installing from Network Share.

Discus and support BSOD While Installing from Network Share. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey... I have recently upgraded my PC and now whenever I install a game from a network shared drive, game installs fine, but when I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TechXero, Aug 17, 2016.

1. TechXero Win User

BSOD While Installing from Network Share.

Hey...

I have recently upgraded my PC and now whenever I install a game from a network shared drive, game installs fine, but when I get the installation complete dialog, and as soon as I hit finish button, PC BSODs. It also happens when I launch some launcher app from network share and click the red "X" to close it I get a BSOD. It only happens on stuff I run from a network shared drive. Otherwise system is 100% stable.

:)

TechXero, Aug 17, 2016
  2. vaidya144 Win User

BSOD problem

Consistant problem of BSOD.

win 7professional upgraded to win 10 professional

dell latitude 6520

Problem perticularly while changing the network or while connecting to the network lan / wifi any type.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Mixed Reality / Install and update]

vaidya144, Aug 17, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Finding out why my home server is BSOD'ing. Bugcheck 1001

There appears to be Hyper-V drivers loaded during a crash such as the vid.sys (Microsoft Hyper-V
    Virtualization Infrastructure Driver).

In any event there is an updated driver available from Windows Update for the PCE-AC68 which may solve the blue screen issue.

However the driver may have to be downloaded and installed manually.

There are instructions in the following topic on downloading and extracting the driver:

BSOD while using internet connection sharing

Here is the post on downloading and extracting the driver:

BSOD while using internet connection sharing

After extracting the driver and locating the bcmwdi.inf open the Device manager right-click the PCE-AC68 > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk > then "Browse" to and
    then click on the bcmwdi.inf > OK

Continue with the installation and restart the computer.

auggy, Aug 17, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. TechXero Win User
    Here's my DM Log...

Attachment 96770

TechXero, Aug 17, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall McAfee and use Windows Defender as alternative while troubleshooting.
    Driver Reference Table - mfehidk.sys
    Uninstall *Arrow Solved Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: ffffd001`9b9791f8 fffff80e`65991a00Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfehidk.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfehidk.sys mfehidk+0xb1a00[/quote] If you already have uninstalled McAfee, there are some remainders causing problems. I would recommend to (re)run the uninstall tool.

7. TechXero Win User
    If you already have uninstalled McAfee, there are some remainders causing problems. I would recommend to (re)run the uninstall tool.[/quote] I have no Anti-Virus installed... I have never believed in them and never will...

TechXero, Aug 17, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Alright, but please run the uninstall tool. There are McAfee drivers present on your system causing problems.

9. TechXero Win User
    Where did they come from if I have never installed an Anti-Virus ? Does Microsoft include them by default ? I also have Defender Service disabled xD

TechXero, Aug 17, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    I would highly recommend to turn it on, or don't use the internet.
    The user is a big deal in preventing infections, but even the most trusted sites can become infected where the AV program is there to protect you from it.

McAfee products sometimes come with other programs if the installation setup is not customized.

11. TechXero Win User
    Thanks. So far I have installed two games from that share no issues. And no matter what you or anyone says I will never use so called Anti-Virus/Malware tools. I prefer to be vulnerable than have those bloats bogging down my system...

TechXero, Aug 17, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Alright, it's your system *Smile

13. TechXero Win User

Yes it is. Anyway thanks for your help. Keep this thread open just in case it happens again.

TechXero, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD While Installing from Network Share. - Similar Threads - BSOD While Installing

2. BSOD while working in shared Google drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while working in shared Google drive: I work with Office 365 Word documents in a Google shared drive, copying and pasting quite a bit of information. It saves files such as these, Clip_colorschememapping and clip_themedata, which I'm told are nothing to worry about. However, I keep getting a BSOD...
  3. BSOD while working in shared Google drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while working in shared Google drive: I work with Office 365 Word documents in a Google shared drive, copying and pasting quite a bit of information. It saves files such as these, Clip_colorschememapping and clip_themedata, which I'm told are nothing to worry about. However, I keep getting a BSOD...
  4. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing: To make sure the problem can be solved, allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows firewall settings.Step 1. Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Windows Firewall" > "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".Step 2. In the pop-up window, check "File and Printer Sharing" in the...
  5. Have Windows 10 sysprep install drivers from network share

in Windows 10 Support
    Have Windows 10 sysprep install drivers from network share: For Windows 10, version 20H1, build 19042.928, is it possible to have sysprep install drivers from a network share, during the sysprep operation? If so, which component of the answer file would I need to add? I have already tried Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationsWinPE...
  6. Network Shared Printer Installation Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Shared Printer Installation Error: Win 10 on two computers. HP Color Laser Jet CP l1215 is on the desktop. I want to install it on the network Laptop. It indicates that it is installed in the control panel printer list, but when I try to print with it I get an error message that a problem occurred. The...
  7. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  8. I want to access shared while from network in my system

I want to access shared while from network in my system: My father has shared some document files on network how I can access that files in my system which has windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-access-shared-while-from-network-in-my/bcc1329e-efe3-4a79-81dd-0fd3ebafdff7
  9. Issues while sharing external drive over the network

Issues while sharing external drive over the network: Good day Please help. I have 2 external hard drives connected to one PC, I am using 2 PC's. I am trying to share folders between PC's. Trouble is, the one ext hard drive I got shared as a whole - i.e. the hard drive d is fully shared, all content visible and accessible...
  10. BSOD accessing a network share

BSOD accessing a network share: I have a PC running Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7). I also have a network disk connected to the Apple Airport base station. The disk is formatted as SMB share and the Airport handles it without any problems. The disk is accessible by any other computer I have (2 Mac...