Windows 10: BSOD while loading Dota 2: Machine Check Exception

Discus and support BSOD while loading Dota 2: Machine Check Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Guys, As the title says, I keep running into a BSOD when trying to launch/ play Dota2. The computer freezes up and the audio keeps making a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marcbreyt, Aug 2, 2017.

1. marcbreyt Win User

BSOD while loading Dota 2: Machine Check Exception

Hey Guys,

As the title says, I keep running into a BSOD when trying to launch/ play Dota2. The computer freezes up and the audio keeps making a repeating noise. I have reset my laptop last night (deleted all the other files) and only downloaded the latest Nvidia driver and steam+ dota2. I spoke with a Microsoft agent, and they used remote access to check things out, and informed me that it is my memory. I ran the memory diagnostic tool, and it showed up issues. I also went out and bought new memory, and it is still doing the same thing.

Thanks in advance!

Attachment 146877

:)

marcbreyt, Aug 2, 2017

2. BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for letting us know that you are no longer facing the issue. We appreciate your effort.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know, We will be glad to help.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 2, 2017
  3. BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone,

This BSOD has become a daily thing now and it always happens while I am playing a particular game (Skyforge). The crash is fairly random from as quick as 5 minutes to as long as couple of hours while playing the game. I noticed that 'Windowed Mode' of the
    game helps delay the BSOD but it is still disappointing as this is a relatively new system and to have BSODs at the start is just :/ I run a MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro and have not altered anything since I purchased it ~6 months ago (aside from clearing bloatwares).
    It was pre-installed with Windows 8.1 and I have tried the following in sequence:

1. Updating drivers via Windows Update and via MSI Support page

2. Updating to the latest Nvidia Graphic Driver

-The following changed the BSOD from Machine Check Exception to Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal bwcW8x64.sys which relates to a variety of .sys files including but not limited to (acpiex.sys, rdyboost.sys, bwcW8x64.sys, etc.)

3. Uninstalled the latest Nvidia Graphic Driver and allowed Windows to automatically reinstall Nvidia Graphics Driver

-Back to Machine Check Exception

4. Cleaned all my fans, reseated RAM, fans are working

5. Monitored my temps, usually in the range of 40-60 (can reach 70~80 sometimes but this only lasts couple of seconds?)

6. Stressed test with Prime95 for 6 hours, no errors

7. Reinstalled Skyforge

8. Ran Driver Verifier

-Windows BSOD constantly, driver localised to hal.dll +37745 and ntoskrnl.exe (sadly I have lost the driver file because of 9)

9. Upgrade AND clean install to Windows 10

-BSOD again Machine Check Exception within minutes of game (hal.dll +364b1)

10. Please help BSOD while loading Dota 2: Machine Check Exception :(

BlueScreenView dump file:

032816-47828-01.dmp

MSInfo:

TEST.TXT

I hope I have not missed out anything so that the team can help me with this issue. If there's anything else you need just let me know. You will have my eternal gratitude x

Melvin Lim_114, Aug 2, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

There are no mini-dumps in the zip file so not a lot we can do to help debug your problem.

One possibility is that the memory itself is not defective but rather one or more of the memory slots on the system board is.

You can try running memtest86+ for 8 passes and see what it shows. This will take 12 to 18 hours to complete.

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

BSOD while loading Dota 2: Machine Check Exception [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

BSOD while loading Dota 2: Machine Check Exception [​IMG]
    Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Also, please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files:

How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2017
  5. marcbreyt Win User
    Hey thanks. I will run mem86 for 8 passes.

Attached is another post. Hopefully that has some more information.

Attachment 146892

For some reason, I cannot seem to boot with the mem86+ on USB.
    Attachment 146895

I've attached another file if that helps at all.

marcbreyt, Aug 2, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    One dump in the latest zip file.
    Code: BugCheck 9C, {0, ffffd201a1a93920, 0, 0} Probably caused by : intelppm.sys ( intelppm!MWaitIdle+18 )[/quote] intelppm.sys is the Intel Processor driver.

Code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c) A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred. KeBugCheckEx parameters; x86 Processors If the processor has ONLY MCE feature available (For example Intel Pentium), the parameters are: 1 - Low 32 bits of P5_MC_TYPE MSR 2 - Address of MCA_EXCEPTION structure 3 - High 32 bits of P5_MC_ADDR MSR 4 - Low 32 bits of P5_MC_ADDR MSR If the processor also has MCA feature available (For example Intel Pentium Pro), the parameters are: 1 - Bank number 2 - Address of MCA_EXCEPTION structure 3 - High 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error 4 - Low 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error IA64 Processors 1 - Bugcheck Type 1 - MCA_ASSERT 2 - MCA_GET_STATEINFO SAL returned an error for SAL_GET_STATEINFO while processing MCA. 3 - MCA_CLEAR_STATEINFO SAL returned an error for SAL_CLEAR_STATEINFO while processing MCA. 4 - MCA_FATAL FW reported a fatal MCA. 5 - MCA_NONFATAL SAL reported a recoverable MCA and we don't support currently support recovery or SAL generated an MCA and then couldn't produce an error record. 0xB - INIT_ASSERT 0xC - INIT_GET_STATEINFO SAL returned an error for SAL_GET_STATEINFO while processing INIT event. 0xD - INIT_CLEAR_STATEINFO SAL returned an error for SAL_CLEAR_STATEINFO while processing INIT event. 0xE - INIT_FATAL Not used. 2 - Address of log 3 - Size of log 4 - Error code in the case of x_GET_STATEINFO or x_CLEAR_STATEINFO AMD64 Processors 1 - Bank number 2 - Address of MCA_EXCEPTION structure 3 - High 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error 4 - Low 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000 Arg2: ffffd201a1a93920 Arg3: 0000000000000000 Arg4: 0000000000000000[/quote] I don't know how to proceed any further in determining what this debug info means. It sounds like a problem with the Intel I7 CPU but it could be caused by a device driver as well or even defective memory, so lets wait and see if you can get memtest86+ to run. If not I would suggest removing half the ram and running that way for awhile and see what happens. If the problem reoccurs then swap the removed and installed ram and test again. If the problem does not occur in either case then one or more of the removed memory DIMMs is defective.

You can also try running Driver Verifier and see if that shows us anything but let's wait until the ram testing is done first.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while loading Dota 2: Machine Check Exception - Similar Threads - BSOD while loading

2. BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming: I started playing world of warcraft again about a week ago and since then I have been occasionally getting BSOD machine check exception errors, but only while playing wow. Since the problem started, a couple days after i started playing wow again, I will have no issues for a...
  3. BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception

BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception: Hi, I bought a new high-end gaming PC roughly eight months ago. Most games run amazing, but every now and then I'll run into a game that causes BSOD errors. For instance, when trying to run Monster Train, my computer will freeze/crash with a BSOD "Machine Check Exception"...
  4. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  5. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  6. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  7. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...
  8. BSOD - machine check exception while gaming

BSOD - machine check exception while gaming: Hi there, I'm currently getting alot of BSODs whilst gaming only. I've updated my drivers that I know of and tested my ram with memtest but still I will constantly get BSOD while playing games such as cities skylines or PUBG.I bought a new EVGA G2 PSU so that should be...
  9. Frequent BSOD while laying dota 2

Frequent BSOD while laying dota 2: Hello! I Frequently get BSOD when I play DOTA 2. I am just using an APU and I can play without problems sometimes. Can someone help me figure out what is wrong? Thank you in advance for the help. 77758
  10. BSOD While Playing dota 2

BSOD While Playing dota 2: Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before , i am using windows 10 pro 64bits, i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help woulAttachment...