Windows 10: BSOD while normal usage of laptop. Forced quit firefox recently

Discus and support BSOD while normal usage of laptop. Forced quit firefox recently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I faced a one time BSOD today morning in my Laptop with error code dpc_watchdog_violation. i forced quit firefox like 10 mins before BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anandhts, Jul 9, 2018.

1. anandhts Win User

BSOD while normal usage of laptop. Forced quit firefox recently

Hi,

I faced a one time BSOD today morning in my Laptop with error code dpc_watchdog_violation. i forced quit firefox like 10 mins before BSOD occuring.
    I have added the attachment hereSREEJA-09-07-2018_121045_44.zip

:)

anandhts, Jul 9, 2018

2. Disk usage and Firefox

Every time I tried to resume my laptop from hibernation firefox websites wont load, they just get stuck in that constant loading mode. I was able to find that everytime the taskmanager shows that my disk usage seems to be using 100% of it capacity is the
    same time that firefox is not working. I have tried to disable some start up items but nothing seem to work. Internet explorer does work normally though.

My laptop is an ASUS republic of gamers, a strix with lot of ram and capacity so I don't know what might be causing the problem.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

danielnakasone santivañez, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while normal usage of laptop. Forced quit firefox recently - Similar Threads - BSOD while normal

2. Multiple BSOD errors in normal usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD errors in normal usage: Hi, i have a problem with my computer.I keep getting multiple BSOD during every kind of activity. Browsing internet, watching videos, gaming, etc.The messages are varied. Kernel Failure, IRQ failure, Page Fault, etc.Following are multiple minidumps i have...
  3. Multiple BSOD errors in normal usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD errors in normal usage: Hi, i have a problem with my computer.I keep getting multiple BSOD during every kind of activity. Browsing internet, watching videos, gaming, etc.The messages are varied. Kernel Failure, IRQ failure, Page Fault, etc.Following are multiple minidumps i have...
  4. Multiple BSOD errors in normal usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop has to force quit after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop has to force quit after sleep mode.: When I put my laptop in sleep mode, I have to force quit it to turn it back on.This happened after the latest Windows 11 update. I don't want to uninstall the update, I simple want this bug gone.I was informed this was a common bug that was going to be fixed weeks ago. Please...
  6. Laptop has to force quit after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop has to force quit after sleep mode.: When I put my laptop in sleep mode, I have to force quit it to turn it back on.This happened after the latest Windows 11 update. I don't want to uninstall the update, I simple want this bug gone.I was informed this was a common bug that was going to be fixed weeks ago. Please...
  7. Everything getting force quit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything getting force quit: This is happening in my Lenovo ideapad 520 for past 4 days. Whenever I'm trying to open task manager it force quits, typing some words in either browser or in some code editor the word gets erased automatically. And also i tried advance startup uninstalling my driver's and...
  8. BSOD on Win10 while normal usage

BSOD on Win10 while normal usage: Hello, For some time now my Windows 10 has crashed at random times, increasingly often. I don't recall having an update of the system or installing any drivers recently. BSOD happens at random, with different applications running or sometimes even right after starting my...
  9. BSOD while browsing firefox

BSOD while browsing firefox: I will try and give all the info I can think of I dont know if it might help you. New pc I built a few days ago,specs: #asrock b450m pro 4 #Ryzen 3200g #Corsair cx450 power supply #Seagate barracuda hdd #2x4 3000mhz team group ram (only one stick working) #tp link WN881ND...
  10. BSOD while using Firefox

BSOD while using Firefox: Hi, I'm a first time poster, but this forum has helped me out quite a few times in the past and people here seem to know their stuff, so... Anyway, today was the second time I got a blue screen since getting this computer, like half a year or so ago. It came with Windows...