Windows 10: BSOD while playing a specific game

Discus and support BSOD while playing a specific game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, For some reason, while only playing Overwatch I commonly get driver crashes or rarely get BSODs. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marky, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Marky Win User

BSOD while playing a specific game

Greetings,

For some reason, while only playing Overwatch I commonly get driver crashes or rarely get BSODs.

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

This BSOD is related to GPU driver issues according to this post:

What does the VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSoD Error Mean?

I've already updated my drivers (reinstalled them multiple times and installed old ones), checked for memory errors, checked for viruses, updated my BIOS, ran 3DMark for any artifacting, temperatures are always around 69ºC while in 100% usage.

Is there something wrong with the game or it's my computer?

I would appreciate your assistance,

:)

Marky, Jun 26, 2016
  2. Drexl Win User

I am getting BSOD System Service Exception dxgmms2.sys when adding webcams to vMix software.

I'm getting this specific BSOD as well. Currently it only occurs while playing Starbound, and only in certain locations in the game. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers and I likewise saw nothing like this until the most recent windows update.

Drexl, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Taklop Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD (driver irql, clock watchdog)

I have a relatively new system running W10. When I first got it around 6 months ago it would BSOD and I thought nothing of it as the hardware was brand new and so was the OS, and as such expected a few teething issues.

However, the issues still continue. My PC BSODs at various times, specifically : while playing games (Rust and Diablo, but also a few others), and also more occasionally at boot. (Causing the system to reboot again).

While playing games it BSODs frequently, often hourly or even more frequently than that.

These BSODs are mostly: driver irql_less_or_not_equal, or clock watchdog timeout.

All my drivers are up to date, and so is my windows installation.

I've tried running stress tests and memory diagnostics, and it doesn't seem to be a hardware fault.

What do I do?

Taklop, Jun 26, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Marky,

I hope you have not installed anything from reviversoft *Smile

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 87003
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`acd90000 fffff800`adab9000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Fri May 20 03:34:38 2016 (573E69AE) CheckSum: 00CF0FCE ImageSize: 00D29000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD while playing a specific game [​IMG]

BSOD while playing a specific game [​IMG]

5. Marky Win User
    Greetings,

Thank you for the quick response!
    I did install driver reviver, to check my drivers but I did not install any, I immediately uninstalled the program because I didn't trust it.
    As for the nvidia drivers, I followed the instructions.

System info:

CPU:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B85M-K
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/22/16 09:57:28 Ver: 10.11
    RAM: 7,94 GB
    HDD/SSD:
    (1) KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (2) ST1000DM003-1ER162
    Sound Card: (1) Realtek High Definition Audio (2) NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) (3) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (4) VB-Audio Virtual Cable (5) Virtual Audio Cable
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    PSU: XFX TS 550W 80PLUS Bronze
    Mouse: Reddragon Centrophorus
    Keyboard:
    Gaming Mechanical KB-1815
    Case:
    Nox NX200
    Monitor: ASUS VG248QE
    Cooling: CPU Stock cooler + 120 mm LED RED + 80/120 mm

Also, what's that code related to?

Regards.

Marky, Jun 26, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    To the date of your display drivers.

7. Marky Win User
    Thought so, although it's not 100% accurate, according to Nvidia, the drivers I had were dated 2016.6.7.
    Anyways, is there anything else I have to do to resolve this issue? Because I've done this before, and still got crashes, but I never attempted to uncheck some of the items while installing Nvidia drivers.

Marky, Jun 26, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

There are more display related drivers from Nvidia.

I gave my current suggestion, until a BSOD proves that it doesn't work I have nothing else to offer.

9. Marky Win User
    Alright, thanks a lot for the assistance!

Marky, Jun 27, 2016
  10. misal6666 Win User
    The new nVidia drivers are really messing with everyone's computers. I will surely be avoiding nVidia in future as I too have random freezes/rare BSODs after the latest driver update. Use DDU to unistall driver completely and roll back to 365.19. That didn't completely solved my issue but got me down to 1 freeze a day.

misal6666, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing a specific game - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. Crashing while playing specific games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing while playing specific games: Hello whenever my gf is playing games like Overwatch 2 or It takes 2 not sure what these have in common tho often happens that her system "crashes", goes black screen but can see fans and pc still going on. It doesn't crash instead when playing games like League Of...
  3. Crashing while playing specific games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing while playing specific games: Hello whenever my gf is playing games like Overwatch 2 or It takes 2 not sure what these have in common tho often happens that her system "crashes", goes black screen but can see fans and pc still going onLooking through Event Logs I found out multiple errors called...
  4. BSOD after playing a specific game for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after playing a specific game for a while: Hello!since Christmas most of the Time i play GEnshin Impact my Notebook crashes after a while with a WHEA BSOD - i tried updating my Drivers, checking my drives, my ram, used a CPU and CPU Benchmark for 30mins+ and none of those showed errors or made my Notebook crash.I...
  5. BSOD after playing a specific game for a while

BSOD after playing a specific game for a while: Hello!since Christmas most of the Time i play GEnshin Impact my Notebook crashes after a while with a WHEA BSOD - i tried updating my Drivers, checking my drives, my ram, used a CPU and CPU Benchmark for 30mins+ and none of those showed errors or made my Notebook crash.I...
  6. BSOD after playing a specific game for a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124: Hello I have been having problems with my Windows 10 installation where it blue screens while playing select games such as “F1 2021”, “Halo Infinite” and “Escape from Tarkov”.I have clean installed my NVIDIA driver after wiping the old one with DDU Display Driver Uninstaller....
  8. Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124

Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124: Hello I have been having problems with my Windows 10 installation where it blue screens while playing select games such as “F1 2021”, “Halo Infinite” and “Escape from Tarkov”.I have clean installed my NVIDIA driver after wiping the old one with DDU Display Driver Uninstaller....
  9. Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124

10. BSOD shows randomly,specifically while playing games.

BSOD shows randomly,specifically while playing games.: BSOD shows randomly.specifically while playing games .I attached the necessary files and I hope this is enough. I just reinstalled windows 10 because of bsod . But its started again. I didn't update windows 10 . I already installed directx and all visual redistributable . I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 vbaudio

2. driver irql_less_or_not_equal vbaudio.sys