Windows 10: BSOD While playing certain games, Error related to ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD While playing certain games, Error related to ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having a BSOD problem with my computer ever since I updated to windows 10 and it seems to be related to ntoskrnl.exe. I've tired my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kole, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Kole Win User

BSOD While playing certain games, Error related to ntoskrnl.exe

Hello, I've been having a BSOD problem with my computer ever since I updated to windows 10 and it seems to be related to ntoskrnl.exe. I've tired my very best to fix it with driver updates/ uninstall reinstall and part swapping but I was unable to fix it. It happens while having a video game going. It also pretty much happens every time I start the computer up. After the initial start up crash the computer restarts and is fine unless I play the said certain games. other than that it does not crash.

I've Attached the Zip file that is requested of me:

Attachment 37788

Thank you very much for your time.

:)

2. Help with Fixing error 0x000000f7.

Hi,

I have been having many problems with my PC, I have been crashing, getting BSOD's and my PC just rebooting on its own when I am playing games I have received many different bluescreen errors however they all lead back to the error code of 0x000000f7 and
    they have all related to the ntoskrnl.exe driver.

I would like to note that I took my PC to a store and they did multiple tests on it to see if anything was wrong and they said nothing was wrong with it, so I thought that it would be a hardware issue and I don't know how to test that properly because the
    PC has only been crashing on games apart from one time after booting up from a BSOD I received one then.

Bluescreen errors I have received:

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER ( Error was received while playing a game)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (This error was received just after a reboot from DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSOD.)

UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP (Error was received while playing a game)

This is some information that you may find useful:

msinfo32

minidump(Could only grab this minidump as I reinstalled Windows to see if that fixed the problem)

Thanks, If you need any more information let me know!

Arlo Farncombe, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Error VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x00000119 Windows 10 Single Language (x64)

I was playing Dota 2 (game) in Medium Setting with Chrome still turned on with 1 video playing.

Then the BSOD happened with that error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x00000119

I did not know what happened to my laptop.

My laptop info: ASUS GL552JX

Intel core i7-4720HQ 2.6 Ghz (8 cores)

8 GB RAM

Intel HD Graphic 4600

Geforce GTX 950M VRAM 4GB

Running Windows 10 Single Language (x64).

I used the BlueScreen View and it reported that two files was related to this BSOD error:

CLFS.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

I just want to ask if this is a serious potential error in my computer.

I've updated drivers in GPU and got update from Windows 8.1 in the same day.

Need help!!

Minh Thắng Hồ, Sep 15, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Kole,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please update Malwarebytes, it is old and is 1 of the causes.

The most recent dump file says
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote]

BSOD While playing certain games, Error related to ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

You might also want to try driver verifier.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. Kole Win User
    Hi Axe0,

Sorry for the late reply.. The mem test took a long time. It came back with 8 passes and no errors.

I looked on MalwareBytes Website and I seem to have the latest version which is 2.1.8.1057. Would it be best to disable it for now?

I'll also Try the driver verifier in the mean time.

6. axe0 New Member
  7. Kole Win User
    I uninstalled and reinstalled it based on the link you provided. I Then tested what normally crashes it and I am still getting a BSOD.

I have a start up BSOD from this morning and the normal one I get while playing certain games in a new dump Zip.Attachment 38165

8. axe0 New Member

Please stop removing dump files in any way, removing dump files might make it more difficult to identify what the cause(s) is/are.

Please run a full system scan with ESET and Malwarebytes.

On the second crash, did you have anything connected to the desktop?
    If not, please follow the instructions below

9. Kole Win User
    Ahh ok, sorry about that. I did a full scan with both and nothing came up.

I had/ have headphones, a mouse, a keyboard, and a Tablet plugged into it.

I did the scan and it came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation".

10. axe0 New Member
    Please play with the connections, 1 at a time.
    This could be caused by a few things
    • A port is damaged
    • The connection (the port of the device) is damaged
    • Corruption in the system files (is ruled out)

11. Kole Win User
    Hi axe0,

I did the things you asked for but to no avail. So I went back to your first post and decided I would disable Malwarebytes, Which seems to have solved the BSOD's. I am unsure why Reinstalling it didn't fix the problem but disabling it does.

I think you solved my problem. Thank you so much for your time! In the mean time maybe I should ask Malwarebytes if I have something incompatible going on.

12. axe0 New Member
    There are some known problems with Malwarebytes and windows 10, but usually a clean reinstall solves it.

You're welcome *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD While playing certain games, Error related to ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD While playing

2. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  3. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  4. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD related to Ps4 controller while playing games

BSOD related to Ps4 controller while playing games: Hi,I had a post here a few months back about related to BSOD error I was having pointing to jccmgps.sys driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-with-jmccgpsys-driver/31f86408-e630-44f3-ab31-347d7dba7e10I did a reinstall of windows and I...
  6. BSOD after playing certain games for a while

BSOD after playing certain games for a while: I've been having blue screens recently after playing certain games DBZ Kakarot and Prison Architect so far have given me blue screens consistently and I can't seem to fix it. I have stress tested every single component on my computer in various ways, but it only happens when...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?

BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?: Hello, I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten. However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch. Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be...
  10. BSOD while playing certain games

BSOD while playing certain games: I built a new machine and it worked fine for two months. After sometime of playing rust my computer crashed, ever since i havent been able to play any demanding game. It will consistently crash once a game begins running and randomly while browsing. Ive taken it into a shop...
Tags: