Windows 10: BSOD while playing Dota (maybe other games?), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Discus and support BSOD while playing Dota (maybe other games?), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and I've had BSODs while playing Dota 2. I have a dump available here: Dropbox - 081915-12875-01.dmp but also the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IcyStorm, Aug 19, 2015.

1. IcyStorm Win User

BSOD while playing Dota (maybe other games?), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and I've had BSODs while playing Dota 2. I have a dump available here: Dropbox - 081915-12875-01.dmp but also the regular zip file attached to this post.

This is a pastebin of !analyze -v ************* Symbol Path validation summary ************** Response - Pastebin.com

This is a pastebin of !thread and dps 3: kd !thread GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff803f8bd81c0 THR - Pastebin.com

The debugger thinks it is win32kfull.sys, but some things that caught my eye from using !thread and dps:

Any ideas on how to fix this?

* i5-2500K @ 4.3GHz
    * 8GB DDR3
    * 280X (latest Catalyst drivers)
    * Realtek HD Audio (though this wasn't being used at the time; I have a USB DAC/AMP that I was using for sound)

:)

IcyStorm, Aug 19, 2015

2. Software Problem - OS doesn't work well.

Maybe it would be best if you dont play DoTA while you are downloading? ^_^

chanchan05, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Cassieman Win User
    BSOD - PC keeps crashing

Hello,

For the last month I've been getting alot of BSODs when I'm gaming (CS:GO, Dota 2 and Overwatch). Every time I have a BSOD and the PC reboots, I usually get another BSOD with a different error. The first one is usually 'System_Service_Exception'. The other
    ones vary. It would be great if someone could read the dump files and tell me where the problem is.

Here's the link to the zip file:

CrashInfo.zip

Thanks in advance!

Cassieman, Aug 19, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi IcyStorm,

Apologies for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.

Both are drivers from windows, please follow these instructions to find out if any other driver is involved

BSOD while playing Dota (maybe other games?), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. BSOD while playing Dota (maybe other games?), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. Random BSoD while gaming - "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSoD while gaming - "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION": Greetings to the community! I recently bought PC parts, I kept only my SSD and HDD drives, and the GPU from my old pc. My PC will sometimes crash to a BSoD, and when I say crash, just yesterday it happend 5 times, in a 2 hour session while playing Fallout 4, issue that...
  3. BSOD when playing Dota 2 but not other games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing Dota 2 but not other games: This is the report from Reliability Monitor Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎4/‎4/‎2020 8:49 PM Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: ffffca0e31c03028 Parameter 3: be000000 Parameter 4:...
  4. BSOD System_Service_Exception while playing games

BSOD System_Service_Exception while playing games: Getting a BSOD about 10 minutes after starting a game. Seems to happen most consistently with Fortnite. Computer runs fine otherwise. Updated my video card drivers as well as windows and the issue hasn't been resolved. Have also tried a system restore but this only seems to...
  5. BSOD System_Service_Exception (Netio.SYS) while gaming

BSOD System_Service_Exception (Netio.SYS) while gaming: My wife gets this when playing any game or while trying to boot up said game. Sometimes it does it sometimes not. I have looked up some stuff for it & have already tried uninstilling nvidia network adapter & i believe mcafee (it came w/ the laptop). Thank You in advanced....
  6. BSOD When Playing Games System_Service_Exception

BSOD When Playing Games System_Service_Exception: I recently installed a new hard drive into my system. It began to crash with the System_Service_Exception error. I decided that since I was going to reinstall windows on a SSD anyways, I might as well do it now. So I reinstalled windows on a solid state and everything was...
  7. Random System_Service_Exception BSODs while gaming

Random System_Service_Exception BSODs while gaming: *Title* BSOD usually happens in more graphic intensive games like GTA5 or Elite: Dangerous. I haven't gotten it in games like League of Legends or Hearthstone, which are less intense. 2 most recent Minidump files and the debug file are attached below. Attachment 33280...
  8. BSOD System_Service_Exception when playing Games

BSOD System_Service_Exception when playing Games: I get the BSOD when playing games. It only occurs when something big happens, (for example on Dragon Age: Inquisition when a dragon scorches the entire field). It happens both when my system is overclocked and when it is not overclocked (I tried both.) I figured it was a...
  9. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Crash while playing

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Crash while playing: Hi there, My PC is getting random BSODS while playing. I tested RAM with Memtest86 but no errors were found. Also reinstalling Windows from a scratch didn't help so any help would be deeply appreciated.*Smile All the neccesary info is attached. 43792
  10. BSOD While Playing dota 2

BSOD While Playing dota 2: Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before , i am using windows 10 pro 64bits, i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help woulAttachment...