Windows 10: BSOD while playing games. Also, updates will not install.

Discus and support BSOD while playing games. Also, updates will not install. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; FRISBEE-Wed_07_04_2018_202012_00.zip While playing The Talos Principle and Mirrors Edge I get a BSOD. Threat stuck in device driver. Usually takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrSuzan, Jul 4, 2018.

1. MrSuzan Win User

BSOD while playing games. Also, updates will not install.

FRISBEE-Wed_07_04_2018_202012_00.zip

While playing The Talos Principle and Mirrors Edge I get a BSOD. Threat stuck in device driver. Usually takes about 10 minutes of playing before it happens.

Worked with three Microsoft techs over chat but nothing they tried worked.

I have multiple pending updates for things like Word and Excel, but none of them will install. I get error code 0x80070663. Not sure if this is related, so I though I'd include it.

LMK if you need any more info.

:)

MrSuzan, Jul 4, 2018

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 4, 2018
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jul 4, 2018
  4. zuppaclub Win User

BSOD when playing game

hi, I have a problem

when I playing fade of silence or dead rising 4 on steam , I always got BSOD, the problem always on kernel, but other games there is no problem

here is the minidump

011118-33187-01.dmp

I already update my OS from version 1607 to win 10 version 1709 build 16299.192 and still got BSOD, and I already update my nvidia driver to 390.65 , clean install using DDU, and still got BSOD

already tried memory scan and there is no problem with my memory

my guess is , it's either because of my hardware RAM, or game bugs, but I don't know if it's true or not.

thanks BSOD while playing games. Also, updates will not install. :)

--------------------

update

now I got another BSOD when playing wolfenstein 2, error code special pool detected memory corruption, I don't know what driver that cause this BSOD BSOD while playing games. Also, updates will not install. :( , fyi , I only got BSOD when playing games, other than that I never encounter BSOD

minidump

011118-36640-01.dmp

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

zuppaclub, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing games. Also, updates will not install. - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. BSOD while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games.: My latest BSOD was "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" But I have had other ones as well, that I can't remember. They seem to happen almost exlusively within one game (Star Wars Battlefront 2) have occasionally happen in other games as well. System is: i9 9900k 32 gb ddr4 3200 RTX3080...
  4. BSOD while playing games.

BSOD while playing games.: I posted this in the general forums section before I really knew what I was doing, but this time I actually followed the proper instructions posting the minidumps, using the v2 log collector, and now I did it right. So for that, I apologize. I have been getting BSODS while...
  5. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  6. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  7. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: My computer crashes to BSOD while playing various games, the BSOD varies from SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED to HAL INITIALIZATION FAILED. The only information I gained while doing a driver check was that cmuac.sys was causing one of the BSOD's...
  8. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: I recently updated my computer by installing a new MB, CPU, RAMs, and an M.2 SSD. I also purchased and installed a new copy of WIN10 professional because of the MB change. It turns on fast and works nicely, except that it goes into BSOD sometimes when I start a game. The...
  9. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Hi, I'm new here and I discover this forum from the HP support. I have BSOD from the half of May when I play some games. The weird thing is that I have the blue screen only on some games not all. Like GTA V or the forest while with other games I'm fine. I'm sure this is not...
  10. BSOD while gaming, also randomly

BSOD while gaming, also randomly: Hi, I've been getting a bsod usually while gaming (Witcher 3) but also can happen just during standard web browsing etc, hopefully someone can tell me whats going on, thanks I have run sfc/scannow and its come up saying that everything is fine. Attachment 115752 73923