Windows 10: BSOD while playing games and Rendering

Discus and support BSOD while playing games and Rendering in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi thanks for taking the time to help. About a month or 2 back i noticed that whenever i played 'Dota 2' or 'The Witcher 3', my computer would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShortRoundTurtl, Mar 9, 2017.

1. BSOD while playing games and Rendering

Hi thanks for taking the time to help.

About a month or 2 back i noticed that whenever i played 'Dota 2' or 'The Witcher 3', my computer would freeze completely and then after 30 or so seconds a BSOD would appear with 'error code: Machine Check Exception'.

Running Core Temp i found that my cores are idle at 40-50 degrees celcius but rises to 70-80 degrees when playing games. i somewhat circumvented this by turning on the air con (it's summer in Australia).
    However i am now alarmed as when i was trying to render a simple 3d model in maya, the core temps jumped to 90 degrees in a matter of seconds. then it'll freeze and give the same bsod.

What i've tried:
    - i did a clean windows 10 install 2 weeks ago
    - cleaned out the dust from the fans/filters with compressed air
    - ran sfc scan now

:)

ShortRoundTurtl, Mar 9, 2017

2. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR while playing League of Legends

DMP and msinfo file uploads:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B46uaVaEe04VNEtnYTZEVno5dGM&usp=sharing

Started getting BSODs while playing League of Legends, a few seconds after loading into game (graphics render properly at first, some sort of trigger causes audio to hang and video to freeze, leading to crash), all apparently out of the blue.

Tried completely wiping and reinstalling: Intel drivers, Nvidia Drivers, League of Legends, to no effect.

FurMark (graphics stress test), and other games (so far) appear to be unaffected.

Please advise.

ifbywhisky, Mar 9, 2017
  3. BSOD while playing games

which game, some machine details would be useful too

Hardcore Games™, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

BSOD while playing games and Rendering

From a hardware stand point; I would check the CPU cooler and make sure it was fully seated and not loose. Then check the power cable for the CPU cooler to make sure it's fully seated.

When was the last time you pulled the CPU cooler off?

Plankton, Mar 9, 2017
  5. it's been about 2 years since i've had this desktop. i guess i could try reapply thermo paste whilst double checking everything. the cpu fan is liquid cooled (corsair h55 i think) and it looks a bit intimidating for me so i never touched it haha.

ShortRoundTurtl, Mar 10, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Ahh....you have the H55i ..... it could be that your AIO CPU cooler is going bad. Do you hear any weird noises coming from the pump?

Plankton, Mar 10, 2017
  7. I don't hear any wierd noises. there was some water gurgling sounds after i cleaned the fans out but stopped when i let the computer run for an hour.
    I'm thinking of buying a new liquid cooler because i'll need to work on some projects soon. Is there anything i can do to make sure that it's a problem with the water cooler? i just want to make sure before i spend money and have it go to waste.

ShortRoundTurtl, Mar 10, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

Yes....you can replace your current AIO cooler with your stock cooler or any other aftermarket cooler you have laying around (air cooler) and check temps that way.

Personally, I don't buy into the hype of the AIO water coolers. When you see the benchmarks from respectable IT pro's and even regular users.....the temps difference is negligible at best ( 2 - 4 degrees). Then factor in the noise, as most of the AIO coolers are loud, compared to an air cooled cooler. This is just my opinion on the AIO's and for those reasons listed, I won't bother getting one.

Now if we switch our topic over to a water loop system, now that's a different story. The temps there would be more significant but the cost of such a system would have to be determined by the individual as each individuals systems are different. I for one don't wont to shell out that kind of money for water loop system....it's just not worth it to me.

Plankton, Mar 10, 2017
  9. so i picked up a corsair h80i v2. It did bring down the temps however my core temps still reached 90 degrees and then crash when under 100% load.

One of my friends recommended me to reset the bios because i may have magically overclocked it. so i did and a bunch of settings were set to [auto] and it worked!

i am now idling at 30 degrees, didn't crash when i was rendering, and ran prime95 for 20 minutes and the temps didn't go above 55 degrees.
    i've never really opened the bios at all so it's wierd that it got changed. oh well at least everything is running smoothly now

ShortRoundTurtl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing games and Rendering - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. Audio renderer error while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio renderer error while playing games: I have recently purchased a new laptop, I have noticed that if I have a YouTube video opened and paused in the background while playing a game on the laptop, after some time if I return to the video and click play I am greeted with the message: Audio renderer error: Please...
  4. Audio renderer error while playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio renderer error while playing games: I have recently purchased a new laptop, I have noticed that if I have a YouTube video opened and paused in the background while playing a game on the laptop, after some time if I return to the video and click play I am greeted with the message: Audio renderer error: Please...
  5. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  6. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  7. BSOD While browsing the Internet, rendering videos and playing games

BSOD While browsing the Internet, rendering videos and playing games: Hello, I'm getting BSODs everyday while watching videos on YouTube, rendering videos with Adobe Premiere and playing games. The funny thing is that they come randomly, I can play for a whole day without a BSOD or sometimes I'll just play for about half an hour and get a...
  8. BSOD While playing games

BSOD While playing games: So over the past maybe 2 days ive been having some issues with random (sort of) bsod crashes. I just recently replaced my vid card (around a month and a half ago) with a gtx 970. Ive only tried this with one game however it seems space engineers causes it and it takes a good...
  9. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: I've recently started experiencing a lot of BSODs while playing World of Warcraft or while browsing the internet. It usually alternates between a few different error messages. I've seen the error codes: System_Service_Exception (win32kfull.sys)...
  10. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Recently I have been getting BSODs while playing games on my computer, but not during normal use. Most recently it has been the game Roguelands. I originally thought it might be a memory problem, so I ran memtest for around 10 passes. Memtest did not turn up with...