Windows 10: BSOD while playing games (E:D & Civ 5) or Youtube

Discus and support BSOD while playing games (E:D & Civ 5) or Youtube in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, Hoping to ask for help with frequent BSOD while playing games. When playing games (Elite Dangerous or Civ5) and playing Youtube, I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gaslight, Sep 29, 2015.

1. gaslight Win User

BSOD while playing games (E:D & Civ 5) or Youtube

Hi All,
    Hoping to ask for help with frequent BSOD while playing games.
    When playing games (Elite Dangerous or Civ5) and playing Youtube, I will eventually receive a BSOD screen (I've posted an upload of those files in the link below). I've gone through the following trouble-shooting:

• Watched the temperature: it's remained around the 20-30 C range with the CPU at the lower end and the graphics card on the upper-end
    • Updated drivers: ran windows updates, MSI's updates, etc.
    • Ran MemTest86+ which I had seen as a recommendation in a forum to diagnose faults with RAM. All 12 gigs passed with no issues
    • Re-installed a clean version of Windows 10 and performed the driver updates to get the latest and greatest
    • Unplugged all USB cables with the exception of the mouse and keyboard (removed my USB hub, joystick, etc.)
    • Installed my old graphics card an HIS 7850
    Setup

I assume that this is a driver issue with the video card, given the above. If this is correct, is there any way of saying whether it's a faulty video card or user-error?

edit: removed link to DMP files.

:)

gaslight, Sep 29, 2015
  2. 東鎮 Win User

Bsod problem

Bsod problem
    Since I turn on my pc and just for Internet , YouTube , that's was no problem , after I start to play steam's games , almost 20-30 mins it's will automatic get a bsod , ok reboot for me and then the funny thing is after the bsod I continue to play my games
    but won't get any bsod problem again at that day , until tomorrow I do the same things , on pc , YouTube then play games in steam , poop ! Bsod again ! Reboot and no problem no bsod again ... Everyday I need to reboot once . This really annoying !

東鎮, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Unable to launch any game on windows 10

all the games i try and play just crash on start screen or don't start at all no error messages, tried updating all games steam and video card drivers still no joy running on a laptop geforce 420m played the games smoothly beforehand.

list of games:

Portal 2

civ 5

simcity

Dirty bomb

insurgency

all help would be greatly appreciated BSOD while playing games (E:D & Civ 5) or Youtube :)

chrisgledhill94, Sep 29, 2015
  4. gaslight Win User

In case someone finds this later in the search for answers....

I have a Samsung SSD drive that had not been updated in some time. After performing the update I was able to play for an hour and no BSODs. Will continue to test but this appears to have been the resolution.

gaslight, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD while playing games (E:D & Civ 5) or Youtube - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2022-‎06-‎09 10:03 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4:...
  4. Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2022-‎06-‎09 10:03 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4:...
  5. Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  8. Bsod happening while watching youtube and playing game.

Bsod happening while watching youtube and playing game.: hello, i just get randomly BSOD the thing that makes it hard is that i get a new error every time so i do not know the problem. please advice for help thank you in advance. 88153
  9. BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game

BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game: the bsod seems to always happens when i watch a Youtube video and play a small game like Zombidle. i've also had my computer freeze completely, as in the monitor is on with what i was doing but i couldn't move my mouse or do anything at that point i would do a hard reset to...
  10. BSOD playing Games like CIV 6

BSOD playing Games like CIV 6: While playing my Computer randomly crashes. It happended several times now and i don't know where the issue is. The Computer once had a several BSOD in succession, but works again. It also happend while watching a movie. I also get a Blackscreen randomly without doing...