Windows 10: BSOD while playing games

Discus and support BSOD while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This weekend I had several BSODs while playing games. 2 times the system simply crashed black screen and restarted, 1 time I received a BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Axol, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Axol Win User

BSOD while playing games

This weekend I had several BSODs while playing games. 2 times the system simply crashed black screen and restarted, 1 time I received a BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, and 2 times I received a BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN error and a restart. The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and one black screen crash occurred while playing Forged Alliance Supreme Commander, then the IRQL errors and a black screen crash occurred while playing Steam version of Age of Empires II. First time request, let me know if I can help more.

DM Log Collector file is attached.

Thanks,
    Tom

:)

Axol, Dec 1, 2015

2. BSOD while playing games

which game, some machine details would be useful too

Hardcore Games™, Dec 1, 2015
  3. BSOD while playing games

These were all related to directX. Remove your current video driver and install the newest driver available

Completely remove the current driver and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers by my partner JMH3143 here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 1, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while playing games

Hi Axol,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Code: ffffd000`245136e8 fffff800`34967387Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x57387 0: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff800`34910000 fffff800`35e1f000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Sat Aug 22 04:10:03 2015 (55D7D9FB) CheckSum: 014AD277 ImageSize: 0150F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

BSOD while playing games [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system and other used stuff (PSU, cooling system and other used stuff aren't present in the tool).How to fill in your system specs:

axe0, Dec 1, 2015
  5. Axol Win User
    I started the MemTest86 right after my last crash on Sunday 11/29 morning and let it run until Monday after work, it made 12 or 15 passes I can't remember which and had 0 errors. Do I need to run it again after updating the video drivers? I would assume not since it was testing the memory and motherboard and not the drivers?

Axol, Dec 1, 2015
  6. Axol Win User
    OK, got home today, updated my system specs, and ran the driver uninstall using your linked software in safe mode. Then installed the newest driver from the AMD site. Then decided to try to see if I could get the same IRQL error, so I ran Mass Effect 2 this time and sure enough within about 5 minutes got the error. Attaching newest GM Log Collector file. Again, this is the BSOD from about 10 minutes ago, around 9:40PM December 2. Do you want me to clear out any logs, events, crash dumps, etc to make future ones easier to examine, and if so how do you want me to do that?

Axol, Dec 2, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Did you ran MemTest86 or MemTest86+?
    If MemTest86, MemTest86+ is recommended for DDR3

axe0, Dec 2, 2015
  8. Axol Win User

BSOD while playing games

Axol, Dec 2, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please let me know what the frequency and voltage of the memory is in the BIOS.
    Please check inside the case for any dust, make sure everything is seated properly and that the contacts of the memory are clean.

Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Code: Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL:BSOD while playing games :processDeferredCommand+64a )[/quote]

axe0, Dec 2, 2015
  10. Axol Win User
    So, ran this when I got home and no errors or weirdness as far as I could tell. Then ran Mass Effect 2 again and after a few minutes is BSOD out. My friend was kind enough to lend me his video card, an AMD Radeon R7 370. I went through the process you described earlier to completely remove the drivers, then restarted and installed again. After a restart I ran Mass Effect 2 again, and after about 10 minutes it BSOD out with the same IRQL error. Ran Furmark on this one and again no errors. I am venturing a guess my issue is with the motherboard or the processor. Any way to tell without pulling out the mobo and replacing it? Again, my friend was kind enough to lend me another mobo to try out if need be.

11. axe0 New Member
    I suggest to try 2 stress tests for the CPU.
    Prime95 isn't always able to spot problems when the IntelBurnTest is. No software is 100% *Smile

Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Note If you're overclocking anything, please stop it and set everything back to default while troubleshooting

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

12. Axol Win User
    Thanks for all of your help, I'll start tonight.

13. BSOD while playing games

14 passes on memtest86+ means your memory and CPU are likely pristine.

Your issue sounds like corrupted video memory. You can test it for free using passmark bit trial. Just uncheck all the other tests or it will be loud, slow and annoying. It has a CPU test as well if you're in to that sort of thing. If you have a dedicated gaming card the CPU is hardly used for most real 3D games like you're playing.

How old is this unit?

What graphics card do you have?

I'd also look inside the system for bad caps if it's easily accessible. Strange voltages being sent can also cause these issues which is what bad caps will do. Just look on your motherboard, the video card and shine through the fan hole of your power supply. If you see any swelling then you need to either replace the caps or the unit that they've gone bad in.

I have had IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN error with a bad core 2 quad ex ONCE. It had a single bad core. The other times it has been a bad add in graphics card or bad shared video memory. This does not mean it IS one of these two issues. Those are just my experiences.

sharpestknife, Dec 3, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Hi Axol,

How is it going *Smile

15. Axol Win User
    Hey thanks for following up. I ran through all sorts of tests and didn't get any errors. A friend came over and we turned everything off in the BIOS that we could and the IRQL errors went away. Turned back on audio and USB and it's still stable. I haven't received another IRQL error yet, but I am getting memory management errors so I'm running tests with different memory, etc. Going through the motions with everything suggested so far. I think my next step will be to replace the mobo if I can't stop getting BSODs.

Thema:

BSOD while playing games

1. BSOD while playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing games.: I've had a few crashes playing Baldur's Gate 3 a few weeks ago and I thought I had things fixed until today where I had a crash playing Armored Core 6.Previously, I uninstalled my current GPU driver with DDU and installed v536.99.Although the reliability viewer says it's a...
  3. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  4. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi, I recently updated my configuration from a i7 8700k to a i7 12700kf with a new motherboard. I clean install Windows 11 but since that I'm randomly having bsod or a complete freeze of the computer ... I updated the bios and all the drivers but nothing seems to fix my...
  5. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games: Hello, I've been getting random BSODs while playing games. It doesn't seem to be every game. Only some. Mainly during loading screens. My PC will freeze for a couple minutes then a blue screen will pop up. I've updated every driver. I didn't update BIOS. I used ddu to do a...
  6. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  8. BSOD While playing games

BSOD While playing games: So over the past maybe 2 days ive been having some issues with random (sort of) bsod crashes. I just recently replaced my vid card (around a month and a half ago) with a gtx 970. Ive only tried this with one game however it seems space engineers causes it and it takes a good...
  9. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: I've recently started experiencing a lot of BSODs while playing World of Warcraft or while browsing the internet. It usually alternates between a few different error messages. I've seen the error codes: System_Service_Exception (win32kfull.sys)...
  10. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Recently I have been getting BSODs while playing games on my computer, but not during normal use. Most recently it has been the game Roguelands. I originally thought it might be a memory problem, so I ran memtest for around 10 passes. Memtest did not turn up with...