Windows 10: BSOD while playing games

Discus and support BSOD while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently started experiencing a lot of BSODs while playing World of Warcraft or while browsing the internet. It usually alternates between a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JVang10, Aug 1, 2017.

1. JVang10 Win User

BSOD while playing games

I've recently started experiencing a lot of BSODs while playing World of Warcraft or while browsing the internet. It usually alternates between a few different error messages. I've seen the error codes:

System_Service_Exception (win32kfull.sys)
    Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

I've looked up fixes and tried updating as many drivers as possible, but there seems to be more to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JVang10, Aug 1, 2017

2. BSOD while playing games

which game, some machine details would be useful too

Hardcore Games™, Aug 1, 2017
  3. BSOD while playing games

These were all related to directX. Remove your current video driver and install the newest driver available

Completely remove the current driver and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers by my partner JMH3143 here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 1, 2017
  4. BSOD while playing games

Hi,

There are many different bugchecks in the dumpfiles.

The cause for different error codes are usually hardware and lower level problems.

U should begin with:

BSOD while playing games [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ V5.01 needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

More Info here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-ecc7b7ff6461

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Aug 1, 2017
  5. JVang10 Win User
    Hey, so I ran the memtest for 8 passes with no issues, as you can see in the pic. What should I do next?Attachment 147030

JVang10, Aug 3, 2017
  6. Allright, thus we can successfully exclude ram failure. Lets focus on the other things.

The bsod dumps mainly indicate "memory_corruption". The cause for this can be hardware issues (Especially in connection with different bsod codes) or poor drivers (normally not more than two different bsod codes)

In your case I see multiple different stop codes:
    0x0000003B
    0x0000000A
    0x1000007E
    0x0000003B
    0x0000009C

Thats why the first steps should go to testing to the hardware side. The only thing which is driver-driven, would be the nvidia driver. This appears in some dumps. Maybe we should as first exclude before we continue with the hardware:

Code: 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (2.08.2017 07:04:41) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption nvlddmkm.sys [19.07.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: csrss.exe Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory[/quote] Code: 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (2.08.2017 06:34:01) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption dump_iaStorA.sys [17.03.2017] * driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation * Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver PROCESS: svchost.exe Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility[/quote] Code: 0x1000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (2.08.2017 06:22:03) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption nvlddmkm.sys [19.07.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA dxgmms2.sys ***** Invalid * DirectX Graphics MMS PROCESS: System[/quote]
    Besides memory corruption u can see the nvidia driver:
    nvlddmkm.sys [19.07.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => NVIDIA

Its dated 19.07.2017. Please update or roll back to another version using DDU.

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.

BSODHunter, Aug 3, 2017
  7. JVang10 Win User
    So I completely uninstalled the nvidia drivers using DDU and reinstalled the latest driver from their website and have had no issues for the last 48 hours. I am going to overclock my system again and hope it continues to run fine. Thanks for all the help!

JVang10, Aug 5, 2017
  8. BSOD while playing games

Alright, let us know if you have problems again.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD while playing games

1. BSOD while playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing games.: I've had a few crashes playing Baldur's Gate 3 a few weeks ago and I thought I had things fixed until today where I had a crash playing Armored Core 6.Previously, I uninstalled my current GPU driver with DDU and installed v536.99.Although the reliability viewer says it's a...
  3. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  4. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi, I recently updated my configuration from a i7 8700k to a i7 12700kf with a new motherboard. I clean install Windows 11 but since that I'm randomly having bsod or a complete freeze of the computer ... I updated the bios and all the drivers but nothing seems to fix my...
  5. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games: Hello, I've been getting random BSODs while playing games. It doesn't seem to be every game. Only some. Mainly during loading screens. My PC will freeze for a couple minutes then a blue screen will pop up. I've updated every driver. I didn't update BIOS. I used ddu to do a...
  6. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  8. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Hi, I'm new here and I discover this forum from the HP support. I have BSOD from the half of May when I play some games. The weird thing is that I have the blue screen only on some games not all. Like GTA V or the forest while with other games I'm fine. I'm sure this is not...
  9. BSOD While playing games

BSOD While playing games: So over the past maybe 2 days ive been having some issues with random (sort of) bsod crashes. I just recently replaced my vid card (around a month and a half ago) with a gtx 970. Ive only tried this with one game however it seems space engineers causes it and it takes a good...
  10. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Recently I have been getting BSODs while playing games on my computer, but not during normal use. Most recently it has been the game Roguelands. I originally thought it might be a memory problem, so I ran memtest for around 10 passes. Memtest did not turn up with...