Windows 10: BSOD While playing games

Discus and support BSOD While playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So over the past maybe 2 days ive been having some issues with random (sort of) bsod crashes. I just recently replaced my vid card (around a month and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xtbs, Feb 4, 2016.

1. xtbs Win User

BSOD While playing games

So over the past maybe 2 days ive been having some issues with random (sort of) bsod crashes. I just recently replaced my vid card (around a month and a half ago) with a gtx 970. Ive only tried this with one game however it seems space engineers causes it and it takes a good 10 min to crash, the only weird thing in this whole deal is last night, i was doing some graphics work in paint.net and i had youtube running(if that will make any difference) and it crashed on me then too, same screen as space engineers. A buddy of mine said he has the same issue (his started a few days before mine did) and had mention something about nvidia drivers and windows ten not getting along with each other with direct X. I was wondering if there is a fix or workaround for this. I also copied the details of the crash from windows.

The other specs for my pc is i have an amd phenom II x6 Black edition, Im running x64 windows, and 3 monitors.

:)

xtbs, Feb 4, 2016

2. BSOD while playing games

which game, some machine details would be useful too

Hardcore Games™, Feb 4, 2016
  3. BSOD while playing games

These were all related to directX. Remove your current video driver and install the newest driver available

Completely remove the current driver and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers by my partner JMH3143 here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 4, 2016
  4. xtbs Win User

BSOD While playing games

Heres the zip file. Sorry about that.

xtbs, Feb 4, 2016
  5. xtbs Win User
    Ill try these, however ive used the asus software for a long time as well as daemon tools, ive never updated either of them, and have never had issues with these in the past.

xtbs, Feb 5, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    How far back in the time is 'the past'?

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD While playing games [​IMG]

BSOD While playing games [​IMG]

axe0, Feb 5, 2016
  7. xtbs Win User
    this is sort of an update, windows only seems to crash with space engineers, ive tried using games that i have known to crash my system in the past (when i mean in the past i refer to roughly 8 - 10 months ago) games such as diablo 3 i also tried various games that have a higher cpu usage, and some that use more ram as well as some that are extremely graphic intensive and none have been able to crash my system... ive had daemon tools on my pc for about 4 years, never updated, just left it in the boondocks of my system. its never given me and grief. space engineers used to work on my system around 1 to 1.5 years ago ( took a break from it) and i noticed that it had some direct x 9 issues, being it just doesnt work with the default being dx9. i found a way to "force" the game to run in dx11 (game does have that option) and so the game would run but the pc would crash around 10 minutes into playing.

so more to my point, is there any chance that the forcing dx11 on the game could be causing a conflict with either nvidia or my vid card? its kind of a long shot but i havent had a crash in at least 3 weeks and i havent been playing that game.

8. axe0 New Member

BSOD While playing games

Did you try following?
    Troubleshooting - Space Engineers

9. xtbs Win User
    that is precisely what i did, i modified that config file to run the game dx11 and it just blue screens my pc, while dx9 just didnt run the game.

10. axe0 New Member
    Please follow BSOD Posting Instructions and upload a new zip so I can analyse the crashes to get more information into this, I can't suggest something with limited information.

11. xtbs Win User
    i uploaded the most recent crashes earlier in the thread. they should all be there. nothing has changed, since. aside of me uploading my system specs onto the forums.

12. axe0 New Member
    What Nvidia display drivers are you using?

Thema:

BSOD While playing games

1. BSOD While playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD While playing

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  4. BSOD while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games.: My latest BSOD was "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" But I have had other ones as well, that I can't remember. They seem to happen almost exlusively within one game (Star Wars Battlefront 2) have occasionally happen in other games as well. System is: i9 9900k 32 gb ddr4 3200 RTX3080...
  5. BSOD while playing games.

BSOD while playing games.: I posted this in the general forums section before I really knew what I was doing, but this time I actually followed the proper instructions posting the minidumps, using the v2 log collector, and now I did it right. So for that, I apologize. I have been getting BSODS while...
  6. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  8. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: My computer crashes to BSOD while playing various games, the BSOD varies from SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED to HAL INITIALIZATION FAILED. The only information I gained while doing a driver check was that cmuac.sys was causing one of the BSOD's...
  9. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: I recently updated my computer by installing a new MB, CPU, RAMs, and an M.2 SSD. I also purchased and installed a new copy of WIN10 professional because of the MB change. It turns on fast and works nicely, except that it goes into BSOD sometimes when I start a game. The...
  10. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Hi, I'm new here and I discover this forum from the HP support. I have BSOD from the half of May when I play some games. The weird thing is that I have the blue screen only on some games not all. Like GTA V or the forest while with other games I'm fine. I'm sure this is not...