Windows 10: BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

Discus and support BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything has been really smooth, except recently I've started getting increasingly frequent BSOD crashes. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by charleshrollins, Sep 25, 2015.

1. BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything has been really smooth, except recently I've started getting increasingly frequent BSOD crashes. It usually gives me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but sometimes I get other ones. It was fairly infrequent, but last night it must have happened 5 times. I'm very frustrated. I've attached a mini dump. It happens most frequently when I'm playing WOW and streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime, but it's happened when I've been doing neither. I usually am able to figure computer problems out on my own, but this is baffling me. Please help!

:)

charleshrollins, Sep 25, 2015

2. BSOD EM018k_64.DLL Driver IRQL NOT LESS or Equal

BSOD EM018k_64.DLL Driver IRQL NOT LESS or Equal

Previous issue with Dx and BSOD while playing a video from a live stream

Previous issue with a afd.sys file and BSOD

Please find attached Mini dump and MSinfo32 file

Shared items 1-2-2018

Thanks

GiovanniBucci, Sep 25, 2015
  3. W8.1 IE11 "Play to" in W10 EDGE

I have the same problem. I used this 'play to' feature to stream my nba broadband league pass games to my smart tv as well as stream some video playing apps to the smart tv so I can do work while my son watches what he wants. I need to understand how
    to enable 'play to' when watching stuff from my regular browser. Right now I don't know what to do.

KurtRomain, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

Welcome to the forum Charles. A few questions to start out
    Are you overclocking?

Are you noticing any high temps?

Please fill in your specs completely

Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Page 36 - Windows 10 Forums

Looks like possible hardware problems

Code: SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MmUnmapViewInSystemCache+412 FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.10240.16463 IMAGE_NAME: hardware MODULE_NAME: hardware FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:ip_misaligned[/quote] please run the following test

RAM TEST

MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ Tutorial

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video [​IMG]

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools Tutorial

Please post back with your results

5. Dude Win User
    With help from @axe0 it appear you Daemon Tools installed

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.

Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

6. So, I ran MemTest and got zero errors, and my SSD came back clean. The rest of my system specs are as follows:

MoBo: ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB ATA
    Graphics Card: AMD Ratheon HD 6800 Series

I've uninstalled Daemon Tools, hopefully that was the problem. For what its worth, just a minute ago, before uninstalling Daemon Tools, I got a BSOD while I was running nothing by Chrome and Outlook and it gave me SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION as the reason. In the meantime, I'm going to reboot again and see how it goes...

7. So I had another BSOD just now with the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I have uninstalled Daemon tools and made sure that the pass through was also removed and rebooted after that. I ran a new minidump and am uploading with this post. Thanks in advance!

8. Dude Win User

9. So, to answer your question, no, I'm not overclocking, and I haven't seen any unusual temps. So, as soon as I ran driver verifier and rebooted, I got a BSOD with this message "DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (ndis.sys)" and then I had to go to the restore point I created to run my computer again. What does that mean?

charleshrollins, Sep 26, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Hi charleshrollins,

Together with @Dude we'll help you, with permission from Dude of course *Tongue

That crash means that driver verifier has found a violation, blaming a windows driver because that was the last driver active.

Please remove the ASUS software, it is known for causing BSOD's.

11. Dude Win User
    Feel free to help @axe0

Yes the ASUS software has been known to cause issues too

12. I removed the ASUS software, but it seems odd that its been running on this machine since I built it in 2010 and its only now starting to cause a problem.

13. Dude Win User

That is a reason for the hardware and driver checks. The computer will not run forever, hardware wears out.

14. If only I knew which piece of hardware to replace...

15. Dude Win User
    Yes, lets see how things go now.

Thema:

1. BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD errors while playing wow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD errors while playing wow.: I keep getting BSOD errors while playing World of Warcraft. It just started recently, and it seems like its a different error each time. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-errors-while-playing-wow/6b56f828-d5b1-4275-b505-e2ed419f9cd6
  3. BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game: the bsod seems to always happens when i watch a Youtube video and play a small game like Zombidle. i've also had my computer freeze completely, as in the monitor is on with what i was doing but i couldn't move my mouse or do anything at that point i would do a hard reset to...
  4. BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling

BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling: I had a few BSoD's while doing many different thing's such as reading forums and playing world of Warcraft. while searching the web for solutions for the BSod's none of them seem to work they normally suggest scanning the computer for both virus's and malware. updating...
  5. BSOD mainly while streaming and watching Twitch..

BSOD mainly while streaming and watching Twitch..: I recently have been trying to stream on twitch, and it works for like 30 minutes-1 hour then my computer crashes.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, really want to start streaming seriously and on a schedule but can't due to this unfortunate issue that frequently...
  6. BSOD Watching Streaming

BSOD Watching Streaming: First off I'm on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 the latest Nov. build I was watching some streams on twitchtv just letting it play not doing anything else on the Pc after two hours of that the bsod occurred saying system_service_exception. Bluescreenviewer stated a bug...
  7. BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos

BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos: Hello and thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me. For the past month or so I've been getting more and more BSODs with different error messages each time. They mainly occur when I'm playing games (Starcraft 2, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare), browsing the...
  8. BSOD while watching streams

BSOD while watching streams: Greetings, So recently, I've noticed some minor freezes while watching streams, it only happens once, then it stops. Unfortunately, today, my computer completely froze and I got a BSOD error, with the following message: "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" So I went...
  9. Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online

Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online: Hello, A few times a week, BSODs occur while I'm watching online videos or streams. The BSODs are always related to ntoskrnl.exe or other system files (I checked with WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView). I have to mention that I keep all drivers updated (apart from an AHCI...
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...