Windows 10: BSOD: While running Firefox and file sharing in the background

Discus and support BSOD: While running Firefox and file sharing in the background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I was running Firefox and browsing the web, whilst also having a few programs running in the background, when all of a sudden my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Saxle, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Saxle Win User

BSOD: While running Firefox and file sharing in the background

Hello,

I was running Firefox and browsing the web, whilst also having a few programs running in the background, when all of a sudden my system flashed a BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled) and I had to restart. I have only ever gotten a BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10 and never experienced such issues in Windows 7, so I suspect a bad driver may be the cause. However, I was downloading files with my file sharing program (qbittorrent) and I think that could have also played a part as well.

I have had BSOD's in the past (Memory managemnt) and usually just ignore them, but I would like to finally solve this issue before it gets in the way of important work. When I examined the BSOD with BlueScreenView by Nirsofit, it said ntoskrnl.exe and FLTMGR.SYS were the prime culprits.

Any and all help will be very appreciated; Thanks!

Attachment 120961

:)

Saxle, Feb 11, 2017

2. BSOD UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Ok, this Bsod occurred while i'm chatting in Discord with Firefox and a VM working in the background and sometime the programs freezzed and from nowhere my pc bsod

Fernando Bernales Ibañez, Feb 11, 2017
  3. Gamble6x Win User
    Win10 BSOD Kernel_Security_error atikmdag.sys Video timing error ? Driver issue?

Got another BSOD so I updated the file and am posting another link with the additional error. This BSOD said the problem was:

irql_not_less_or_equal

And it occurred when trying to watch Netflix on Firefox.

Link:

Gamble6x-BSOD-Filesv2.zip

Gamble6x, Feb 11, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

There seem to be problems doing the analysis because of bad symbols in the operating system files.

I suggest you run a system file check and see if any of them need repairing.

philc43, Feb 12, 2017
  5. Saxle Win User
    I got a response: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I have zipped up my CBS.log file according to the command in the link you've provided.

Attachment 121053

Saxle, Feb 12, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    In that case Microsoft may not have loaded the symbols yet for your version of windows. Did you update recently on the Insider program? You may have to wait a few days before I can do a proper analysis.

philc43, Feb 12, 2017
  7. Saxle Win User
    I'm not using a insider version of Windows. I'm using an updated Windows 10 anniversary edition (Version 1607, 14393.726) Also, what do you mean by "bad symbols"?

Saxle, Feb 12, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Yes, you are on a more recent version than I have. It was only released via the Catalogue. It will probably be available via windows update after tomorrow (Patch Tuesday).

The symbols are provided by Microsoft to allow debugging of the crashes. In your case, it is just that MS have not yet loaded the symbols for this latest version of Windows so that I am unable to debug your crash files properly. I should have said missing symbols not bad symbols.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD: While running Firefox and file sharing in the background - Similar Threads - BSOD While running

2. Firefox open in the background for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox open in the background for no reason: [ATTACH] looks like this either after i close firefox or after my pc has booted. persists until i end the task and i have to do it each time or itll stay in the background eating resources and slowing my pc down. Any solutions for this? I appreciate every answer!...
  3. BSOD while running games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while running games: Was playing The Forest and BSODed after my computer restarted it BSODed on the login screen did memory test and it came back fine and a complete reinstall of windows and still BSODed after...
  4. BSOD while browsing firefox

BSOD while browsing firefox: I will try and give all the info I can think of I dont know if it might help you. New pc I built a few days ago,specs: #asrock b450m pro 4 #Ryzen 3200g #Corsair cx450 power supply #Seagate barracuda hdd #2x4 3000mhz team group ram (only one stick working) #tp link WN881ND...
  5. Random BSOD while using Firefox

Random BSOD while using Firefox: Hello! Since I've updated my Windows 10 to the 1903 version I'm having random BSODs while I'm opening new tabs in Firefox. Usually it happens once every few days and shortly after I boot up my PC for the first time of the day. The error is the following:...
  6. High Ping while running speed test on Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    High Ping while running speed test on Firefox: Hey Guys, Can anyone else confirm this for me. Firefox updated to version 40 recently and ever since when I run a speedtest I get a very high Ping. I went from 10-15ms to over 150ms testing my local ISP servers. My download and upload speeds are fine. When I try Chrome or...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl and ntdll.sys while using Firefox

BSOD ntoskrnl and ntdll.sys while using Firefox: Greetings everyone. This morning I did a clean install of windows 10 profession x64. Everything was running ok until I installed firefox and started using it. Sometimes it would work fine for a while and then it would just randomly crash. 99% of the crashes was while I...
  8. BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: can someone please check my minidump Attachment 90761 55918
  9. BSOD while using Firefox

BSOD while using Firefox: Hi, I'm a first time poster, but this forum has helped me out quite a few times in the past and people here seem to know their stuff, so... Anyway, today was the second time I got a blue screen since getting this computer, like half a year or so ago. It came with Windows...
  10. BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox

BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox: Hello, Im facing BSOD many times while browsing internet using chrome, even i tried firefox both having same problem. My screen get artifacts block block all screen and freeze after 5 seconds. Gaming on computer more then hours no issue at all. im attaching some dump...