Windows 10: BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive

Discus and support BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to remove a USB Thumb Drive, and that's when it crashed. Also, when it booted back up after the crash, it said there was a problem with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 23, 2016.

1. BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive

I was trying to remove a USB Thumb Drive, and that's when it crashed. Also, when it booted back up after the crash, it said there was a problem with my antivirus. My antivirus is working though. If this crash pertains to a driver, please note that I installed the latest Graphics Driver and it was really buggy. So I reverted back to my old Graphics driver. I have not had a problem in a while, except for the Windows Mail app. This is the first time it has crashed in a while.

Attachment 76392

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 23, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive

Open task manager performance tab & click on Resource Monitor on the bottom - might find what is using the usb drive.

I had the cant eject usb drive in use, it was a simple stand alone program, core temp, running from the thumb drive.

'Mike P, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Start Menu, Search, Notifications not working. When is Patch coming?

Also, calendar on the toolbar isn't working. And USB thumb drive eject is not working.

So, that's Start Menu, Search, Notifications, Volume Control, External Drive Eject/Dismount and Calendar. All not working.

All of these are basic OS functions that should be rock solid. It is absurd that these basic functions don't operate on a major Windows upgrade.

This problem should have been patched yesterday. Or weeks ago.

alandoe_690, Apr 23, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive

The zip file you uploaded is empty, nothing in it. Try again but right click on dm_log_collector and select RUn as Administrator, see if that helps. Upload the zip file again then please.

Ztruker, Apr 23, 2016
  5. That one should work.

Attachment 76409

6. Ztruker Win User
    Looks like it's caused by your mouse driver which is very old.

Code: SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 5 SYMBOL_NAME: NMgamingms+1cbb FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: NMgamingms IMAGE_NAME: NMgamingms.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a6976ec FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_NMgamingms+1cbb BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_NMgamingms+1cbb ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x139_3_nmgamingms+1cbb FAILURE_ID_HASH: {177edb92-9b1b-58b9-1136-1a7e08f6eada} Followup: MachineOwner --------- 1: kd> lmvm NMgamingms start end module name fffff801`dad00000 fffff801`dad02c00 NMgamingms T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: NMgamingms.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NMgamingms.sys Image name: NMgamingms.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 24 04:55:08 2009 (4A6976EC) CheckSum: 0000EC2F ImageSize: 00002C00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] You need to update the mouse driver. Is this the one you have?

If no newer driver it's time to get a new mouse.

Ztruker, Apr 23, 2016
  7. You need to update the mouse driver. Is this the one you have?

If no newer driver it's time to get a new mouse.[/quote] So I need to go to the Primax website and see if there is a new version for the mouse?

8. BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive

I'm not really sure. My mouse is Gear Head. I looked up Primax and couldn't find a website for them.

9. Ztruker Win User
    See if you can find an updated driver for the Gear Hear Optical Mouse.

Ztruker, Apr 23, 2016
  10. Okay. Let me see. It let me download the software for it, but it didn't get to finish it because it crashed again. So I turned the mouse off.

11. It's not letting me load the software configuration for the mouse.

12. derekimo Win User
    If it's the same place I just tried, those drivers were pretty old (2007)

PC Gearhead

Can you post the hardware ID's like this,

Attachment 76415

It doesn't look good for that mouse though.

derekimo, Apr 23, 2016
  13. BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive

Attachment 76416

14. derekimo Win User
    Yeah, I don't get any vendor with that, I just thought it was worth a try.

May just have to get a different mouse Jesse.

derekimo, Apr 23, 2016
  15. Is it possible to find a mouse that when the drivers expire, you can always update them so that this won't happen again? I found another Gear Head for $12 to $13.

Thema:

BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive

1. BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive - Similar Threads - BSOD while trying

2. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  3. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  4. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Usb Thumb Drive

Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  6. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  7. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. usb thumb drive ejection problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb thumb drive ejection problem.: Just two or three days ago I started having a problem when I try to eject a Sandisk 32GB usb thumb and get the nasty li'l "device is currently in use" window. I've been using this thumb for over a year now with no problems. I haven't made any changes to the computer or to...
  9. USB thumb drives

USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  10. Windows 10 won't eject USB thumb drive

Windows 10 won't eject USB thumb drive: I'm struggling with a peculiar little problem. My old faithful windows 10 computer will never eject the USB thumb drive. It doesn't ever show any errors. Its quite puzzling. I have several usb devices currently working including a 4TB usb hard drive, usb keyboard and mouse...