Windows 10: BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e)

Discus and support BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security and I get a blue screen when I try to do so. The blue screen happens during the "uninstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by etnguyen03, Aug 9, 2017.

1. BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e)

Hello, I'm trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security and I get a blue screen when I try to do so. The blue screen happens during the "uninstalling kernel drivers" part. The STOP error given is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. How do I uninstall CIS without the blue screen, or is there something wrong with my computer? Thanks!

Logs attached.Attachment 148152

:)

etnguyen03, Aug 9, 2017
  2. FuxueJin Win User
    FuxueJin, Aug 9, 2017
  3. DrSID Win User
    BSOD Windows 10

Not sure if there was 5.01 for USB. It lasted about 1.5 hours.

Still guessing what was the reason but i have no BSOD for 5 days a row, it's a new record!

For those, who interesting in any info:

I have uninstalled Daemon tools, installed and used CCleaner Pro (trial), changed some options in Boot and restore window of system properties, uninstalled COMODO Internet security premium with firewall, installed Panda antvirus.

DrSID, Aug 9, 2017
  4. BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e)

Hi,

Since COMODO is very intrusive and has access on all disks, the cause should be your second hard drive. There a thousands of errors in windows eventlog which show that the Seagate HDD ist deffective. You should replace it now.

Please make a backup before!

Back Up ALL your data on an external device.

Here are the errors:
    Code: 2017-08-08 18:39:15 Error: The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block. 2017-08-08 18:39:17 Error: The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block. 2017-08-08 18:39:20 Error: The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block. 2017-08-08 20:39:10 Error: The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block. 2017-08-08 20:39:13 Error: The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block. 2017-08-08 20:39:16 Error: The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.[/quote]
    U can check all of your disks with HDTune and CrystalDiskInfo

BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e) [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    HDD TESTS

Run HDTune to check health and scan for errors.

Note It may take some time, but look for signs of any errors or failure.

You can also run a disk or health check using chkdsk. Refer to the tutorial for details of how to do this.

Take Screenshots of it and post it here.

U can use the Tool from Seagate too:
    http://www.seagate.com/files/www-con...ndowsSetup.exe

BSODHunter, Aug 10, 2017
  5. I do regular backups and I will replace the drive, hopefully soon. CrystalDiskInfo screenshots are here.

etnguyen03, Aug 11, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Drive C: is okay
    Drive E: is the one that you must make sure you have your files backed up as you won't know when the failure will occur.

For drive E once the files are backed up to another driver or to the cloud also perform these steps:
    1) create a brand new restore point
    2) make an image of the drive using Macrium: Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    3) place the image onto drive C: or a drive other than the affected drive.

Code: ffffdb01`cca7f7e0 fffff80c`99b947baUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\inspect.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for inspect.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for inspect.sys inspect+0x147ba[/quote] Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80ca95e75b0, ffffd5802f4912c8, ffffd5802f490b10}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for inspect.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for inspect.sys*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] inspect.sys COMODO Firewall Pro Firewall Driver Comodo Discussion Board and Support Forums | Comodo Community registration

zbook, Aug 11, 2017
  7. The drive should already be backed up to an external hard drive via Crashplan. I've already checked the backup and it seems to be correct.

I'm trying to download the driver and it won't let me. I've already registered but it says that I can't download from this forum. I also see, in the second 'code' line, that it's probably caused by memory corruption. I'll run some memory diagnostic tool later today.

etnguyen03, Aug 11, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e)

The opening post indicated bsod while trying to uninstall.
    What happened that you needed to uninstall Comodo?
    How come you are attempting to download the driver?
    Did you still want to use Comodo if it does not bsod or did you want to switch to Windows defender?
    The source of the bsod was identified as the Comodo driver.
    There are links that provided text and images on how to uninstall the software.

If you perform memory testing, the software that we use is Memtest86+ version 5.01 for 8 or more passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    It takes approximately 1 - 2 hours / GB RAM
    Testing less that 8 passes produces too high rate of false negatives.
    A false negative is a pass with malfunctioning RAM.
    Testing is not done by time but by passes.
    So for proper testing you would make sure that at least 8 passes are made and the more the better.
    That then rules in or out RAM as a source of the possible memory in the above link.

zbook, Aug 11, 2017
  9. Comodo was becoming too annoying for me - it kept blocking things such as Windows 10's mobile hotspot and I couldn't figure out how to remove it. I thought by downloading the driver I could fix it enough to run the uninstaller. I probably want to switch to Bitdefender Free, that's what my friends use. I'll run a RAM test soon using memtest86.

etnguyen03, Aug 11, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    zbook, Aug 11, 2017
  11. I've managed to uninstall CIS without a bluescreen. I just uninstalled it from the control panel and it miraculously worked some how. Thanks for your help!

etnguyen03, Aug 13, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    When available please post:
    Administrative command prompt > chkdsk /x /f /r for each drive
    This may take many hours so plan to run overnight
    Please post the result into the thread: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Memtest86+ test results: Use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.

Sea tools has two additional test methods for hard drivers.
    Run Sea tools for windows on your drives using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

If there are any new bsod please post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Aug 13, 2017
  13. BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e)

Let us know if there are any other problems.

BSODHunter, Aug 13, 2017
  14. I've finally got around to doing this. I'm currently running SeaTools Long Generic on the E drive.

SeaTools Short Generic on both drives passed, and Long Generic on the C drive passed.

etnguyen03, Aug 15, 2017
  15. Long generic failed on the E drive. Test code 6C9AC2A4. The hard drive is not under warranty; I'll replace it soon. I'm running the checkdisk now.

I'm trying to boot from DVD to get to memtest86+. Windows won't let me (the "use a device" option isn't listed when I shift+click restart). Screenshots of the advanced options screen and UEFI firmware settings are here. How do I boot from DVD?

etnguyen03, Aug 15, 2017
Thema:

BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e)

1. BSOD while trying to uninstall Comodo Internet Security (0x1000007e) - Similar Threads - BSOD while trying

2. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled 0x1000007e BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled 0x1000007e BSOD: Hello, I have been having problems with applications crashing and occasional BSOD errors. After running driver verifier and looking at the minidump files via WinDbg and BlueScreenView the bad driver seems to be HIDCLASS.SYS and ntoskrnl.exe. I tried uninstalling USB software...
  3. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled 0x1000007e BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled 0x1000007e BSOD: Hello, I have been having problems with applications crashing and occasional BSOD errors. After running driver verifier and looking at the minidump files via WinDbg and BlueScreenView the bad driver seems to be HIDCLASS.SYS and ntoskrnl.exe. I tried uninstalling USB software...
  4. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled 0x1000007e BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows BSOD, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M, 0x1000007E

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M, 0x1000007E: Hi, my dell E7440 laptop got blue screen with below message, please refer to minidump and dmp file link which uploaded to onedrive. Anyone can help for this error? Do I need to run chkdsk? I had done update driver using dell command update before this blue screen happen,...
  6. Safely Uninstall Norton Internet Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safely Uninstall Norton Internet Security?: Since installing Norton I've got two financial websites that I can't log into with IE-11 or MS Edge. Both browsers exhibit the exact same behavior. Both browsers allow me to log in to the sites and I'm immediately logged back out! Been through all the usual routines with no...
  7. BSOD while simply browsing on the web, error 0x1000007e

BSOD while simply browsing on the web, error 0x1000007e: I have spent almost 2 weeks, trying to figure out this issue. It all started two months ago, the the computer started acting weird. It wouldn't properly boot, just kept restarting even before the boot. After some hours, it worked properly no problems. However, I got fed up...
  8. BSOD connecting Galaxy S6, 0x1000007e asmtxhci.sys

BSOD connecting Galaxy S6, 0x1000007e asmtxhci.sys: Attachment 121903 I was simply watching a movie on Netflix and then my mug filled with hot tea tipped over and went over my Galaxy S6 Edge which was connected via MicroUSB to my PC. I removed the USB cable from my phone to clean and wipe it down, used a cleaning kit for...
  9. BSOD win10 0x1000007e

BSOD win10 0x1000007e: Please help. Zips are attached Dumps are below Am experiencing BSOD issues while gaming, though it has happen randomly over web browsing too. I am mixing ram, but it should be fine since I have the same timing ram capacity cas latency voltage speed etc. Started BSOD ever...
  10. BSOD 0x1000007e SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD 0x1000007e SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi everyone, Can somebody take a look on my bugcheck analysis? I really don't know what has caused the bsod i don't know much about this. bugcheck analysis: Untitled Post bluescreenview: Attachment 84125 52801
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comodo uninstall tool bsod