Windows 10: BSOD while updating to Windows 10

Discus and support BSOD while updating to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings. So I've been trying to update to WIN 10 a lot of times since it came out. Unfortunately the update fails around 80-90% and a BSOD shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Offended, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Offended Win User

BSOD while updating to Windows 10

Greetings.

So I've been trying to update to WIN 10 a lot of times since it came out. Unfortunately the update fails around 80-90% and a BSOD shows up. The BSOD says something like Kernel Inpage Error. I've tried to update from Windows Update, the media creator tool and from the "Get Windows 10" program. This really annoys me since I really want the update.

What can I do to fix this?

:)

Offended, Aug 12, 2015
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

BSOD while updating original Windows 10 to Windows 10 November update

You still have Norton installed and showing in the stack. Please remove it with the removal tool liked earlier and update the Realtek card reader driver.

XP ROCKS., Aug 12, 2015
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    BSOD while updating original Windows 10 to Windows 10 November update

ffffd000`2365eac8 fffff801`2f24d40cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RTSTOR64.SYS, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTSTOR64.SYS

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTSTOR64.SYS

fffff801`a9310000 fffff801`a9324000 RTSTOR64 T (no symbols)

Loaded symbol image file: RTSTOR64.SYS

Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RTSTOR64.SYS

Image name: RTSTOR64.SYS

Browse all global symbols functions data

Timestamp: Thu Jun 05 07:21:42 2008 (4847CC46)

Driver Description: Realtek Card reader:
    https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=RTSTOR64.SYS

ffffd001`2e745dc8 fffff802`f0eb7929 nt!CmpReportNotifyHelper+0x119

ffffd001`2e745dd0 fffff801`b21079a8Unable to load image \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\NortonData\22.5.0.124\Definitions\BASHDefs\20160701.003\BHDrvx64.sys, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BHDrvx64.sys<=== Norton

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BHDrvx64.sys

BHDrvx64+0x1979a8

Norton may be playing a role here, but the age of the Realtek Card reader driver, gives me pause. See if you can find an update for Realtek Card reader.

If that fails to resolve the issue after the update, uninstall Norton by running the removal tool, and turn on the built in windows defender and firewall.

Norton removal tool.

Uninstall and Reinstall Norton product using the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool

XP ROCKS., Aug 12, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

This is a long shot, but maybe someone else may experience this problem.

When I was attempting to upgrade a Dell laptop (17r N7110) from Windows 7 to Windows 10, part way through install, up came the BSOD. During a second upgrade attempt, another BSOD. Then I noticed that there was a Microsoft Wireless Mouse dongle in a USB port of the laptop. Once I removed the USB mouse dongle the third attempt to upgrade completed successfully. Once Windows 10 was active, I returned the USB mouse dongle to the laptop and updated the drivers. No problems since.

Antilope, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Offended Win User
    Thanks for the response. That could be the case since I also have a USB for my Wireless Mouse. I'll try it out when I get home to a stable connection.

Offended, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while updating to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD while updating

2. Having BSOD while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having BSOD while installing windows 10: Guys I am Sick and tired by having BSOD just after the installation of windows 10. Kindly help me out, I want to run windows 10 but due to BSOD I have to run windows 7....
  3. BSOD while updating to latest feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while updating to latest feature update: Hello Microsoft, I bought my laptop last October 2020. It is an Asus Laptop with these general specs: intel i3 10th Gen 512GB SSD 8GB Ram Ever since I bought it, it remained in a Win10 Version 1909. When the version 2004 feature update was available on my laptop, I...
  4. BSOD errors while updating Windows to 20H2

BSOD errors while updating Windows to 20H2: Hello I have been trying to update my windows to 20H2 for the last several hours but due to BSOD errors, my update installation stops either at the downloading phase or the installation during boot. After the crash, windows undoes all its changes and does not update after...
  5. BSOD while trying to install Windows 10

BSOD while trying to install Windows 10: Hi everyone, I am still new to the custom build pc scene. I've built my gaming pc for about a year ago and it has been running just fine. I never tempered with it and no over clocking. Unfortunately, I really need help with my computer because this is also my work...
  6. Bsod While Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bsod While Updating: I have a Dell XPS 15 from 2016. Im trying to update it to version 2004, but I keep getting a Bsod with the stop code DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG. I need help understanding what this stop code means and how to fix it. submitted by /u/Linton_M [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD while booting "SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE"

Windows 10 BSOD while booting "SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE": Hello, I got this error, "SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE". This happens to me like 2 or 4 times when I boot up or restart my pc. Here's myMinidump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bsod-while-booting-systemptemisuse/2af88632-cfaf-417e-9bb7-368e2873f182
  8. Windows 10 BSOD while and after installing

Windows 10 BSOD while and after installing: Hello, Im randomly getting BSODs on my Lenovo ideapad 510-15IKB. I reinstalled windows 10 for few times, updated all drivers from lenovo support website, changed thermal paste, updated intel graphics and nvidia drivers from their website, update bios and firmware, changed hdd...
  9. Windows 10 BSODs while installing.

Windows 10 BSODs while installing.: Hi, I made a new PC roughly 6 days ago, I had Windows 10 running fine on it but ran into constant BSODs the second day of using it. The BSODs were: Irql Not Less Or Equal Memory Management System Service Exception Kernel Security Check Failure Driver Verifier Violation...
  10. BSOD while installing Windows 10 1803 update

BSOD while installing Windows 10 1803 update: A few months back, my computer was updating with the Windows 10 "1803" update. The computer froze at 54% with no signs of activity. I rebooted the computer and got it up and running again. I ran all systems tests on the computer and everything checked out fine. The upgrade...