Windows 10: BSOD while using google chrome.

Discus and support BSOD while using google chrome. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got 3 different types of BSOD for the past 4 months. 1. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE 3. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vamsinaruto, Jul 12, 2016.

1. BSOD while using google chrome.

I got 3 different types of BSOD for the past 4 months.
    1. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE
    3. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY.
    During that time I think I was just browsing. Also, recently "Google Chrome" is hanging frequently and I got a new BSOD(IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL) yesterday when I was doing nothing but browsing in chrome. It happened after I put the Laptop in sleep and when I opened it again after sometime, it just showed a BSOD. I hope it's an easy fix.
    Regards,
    Vamsi.

:)

vamsinaruto, Jul 12, 2016

2. Please examine this dmp file. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD! Windows 10

Thanks Gerry,

OK, I decided to use OneDrive anyway.

Hers is the link: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I mentioned earlier that I was using Google Chrome when the BSODs occurred. I did not run these reports while having Chrome open, as I almost immediately get a BSOD under these circumstances.

Cheers,

John.

JohnHannaford, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Janus117 Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER

I got a BSOD with the stop code DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER while I was using google chrome. I have had other crashes, freezes and a different BSOD before. I've provided the dump files.

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Janus117, Jul 12, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD while using google chrome.

5. vamsinaruto, Jul 13, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 ..... apparently you are using a wrong driver there.
    Code: netwnb64 ___ Intel(R) Wireless Adapter Driver for Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit c:\windows\system32\drivers\netwbw02.sys Kernel Driver Yes Manual Running OK Normal No Yes[/quote] Uninstall the driver in Device Manager. The Option two of this Tutorial will give you a fair idea how to do it.

Then install a driver that is for Windows 10.
    Get this one ....Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10

Download it and install it. See how it goes. Let us know.

EDIT: Please do it too ....
    The crash dump is pointing to Memory Corruption. A misbehaving driver is sufficient to cause it; but you will need to perform a RAM test as well.
    Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html

_________________________________________________________________________________
    Code: BugCheck A, {ffffcab50fd8cab5, 2, 0, fffff803b936359d} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromLockedProto+21 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote]

7. Uninstall the driver in Device Manager. The Option two of this Tutorial will give you a fair idea how to do it.

Then install a driver that is for Windows 10.
    Get this one ....Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10

Download it and install it. See how it goes. Let us know.

EDIT: Please do it too ....
    The crash dump is pointing to Memory Corruption. A misbehaving driver is sufficient to cause it; but you will need to perform a RAM test as well.
    Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html

_________________________________________________________________________________
    Code: BugCheck A, {ffffcab50fd8cab5, 2, 0, fffff803b936359d} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromLockedProto+21 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] [/quote] I changed the wireless driver and it seems to be working much better for now. I do not have any USB device for using memtest. Is there any alternative for this?
    Thanks for the reply

vamsinaruto, Jul 14, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Yes, a CD or DVD.

9. OKay, I got an USB drive and I changed the options for "boot device priorities" as
    boot option 1 ---UEFI: UFD USB flash drive 1100
    boot option 2 ---windows boot manager (P4: HGST HTS72*********************)

but for some reason my laptop is not booting from USB.

vamsinaruto, Jul 15, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    There should be a BIOS setting to allow use of USB Devices before windows boot. You may seh for it in the BIOS/UEFI setup.

11. I checked every option in the bios and noticed that USB interface option under security>I/O interface is labeled as "UNLOCK". So I don't know why I am unable to boot from USB.
    Thanks for the reply.
    P.S. Also, I didn't find any UEFI option in my bios.

12. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If the Motherboard/installation is UEFI enabled, disable "Fast Boot" and "Secure Boot Control" in order to boot from MBR formatted media.

Then try either "Esc" or "F8" to access the Boot Menu. In the Menu, there will be two options for the USB stick .....

Attachment 90422

Go for the Non-UEFI one.

13. BSOD while using google chrome.

I did what you asked but still I did not find the non-UEFI option in the boot menu.
    P.S. I tried to enable both "fast boot" and "secure boot control" after failing to boot from USB but I cannot change the status for "secure boot control" to "enabled".

14. I disabled "fast boot" and "secure boot control" but still I couldn't boot from the USB. I did not find any non-UEFI option as you have mentioned in the boot menu.
    P.S. How to enable secure boot control again? I cannot make any changes to "secure boot control" option after disabling it.

15. Ztruker Win User
    You may need to enable Legacy boot (or similar wording).

Ztruker, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD while using google chrome. - Similar Threads - BSOD while using

2. Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome: I need some help. The BSOD issues have been appearing frequently in the past couple weeks while I had Google Chrome tabs opened. The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't show any issues however. Is this a memory issue? I have found the dumps files and here's the link to...
  3. Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome: I need some help. The BSOD issues have been appearing frequently in the past couple weeks while I had Google Chrome tabs opened. The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't show any issues however. Is this a memory issue? I have found the dumps files and here's the link to...
  4. Bsods while using chrome.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods while using chrome.: Hi, I have had alot off Bsods while using chrome lately. Most of the time it's when i'm watching something on netflix. Usually different bsod: error messages. Tried a couple of things but haven't solved it, here is a dmp file and a speccy file. Any help is appreciated. :)...
  5. BSOD usually while using Google Chrome, what failed: vuhub.sys

BSOD usually while using Google Chrome, what failed: vuhub.sys: Hello TenForums, I have had a couple BSODs but were all posting different stop codes and 'what failed' files usually while browsing the internet with Google Chrome. The most recent stop code was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA with 'what failed' was vuhub.sys. Please see...
  6. BSOD whe I use Google Chrome

BSOD whe I use Google Chrome: I keep getting the BSOD when I'm using Google Chrome, which will suddenly stop responding and then my computer will crash. This happens even if I have only one or two tabs open. The stop code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it says Netwtw04.sys is what failed. Thank you...
  7. Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome

Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome: Hello all, I've had this laptop for about 3 months now. I was browsing the web today and watching Twitch.tv while I suddenly received a BSOD with the error message "Bad_Pool_Caller" in it. This is the first time I've received a BSOD on this laptop so far, but I have had a...
  8. BSOD while using Google chrome

BSOD while using Google chrome: Hey guys! I just got random bsod while watching youtube, i got similiar bsod 4-5 month ago but bios update fixed me and now is start again.here the minidmp windbg result: 88249
  9. BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome

BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome: Hey! My HP OMEN 15 (2016) recently crashed. It was the first time after 2-3 months, not quite sure. I have no idea how to read a memory dump, so I come here to humbly ask you guys for help *Tongue It happened while using chrome. I normally have CPU max power to 99% to avoid...
  10. BSOD while using Google Chrome(?)

BSOD while using Google Chrome(?): Hello everyone, I hope You can help me with my problem regarding a new PC I bought. It got 2 BSODs in between a few days and it seems both happened while using Google Chrome, but I'm not really sure if that's the cause or something else. I did some hardware testing after the...