Windows 10: BSOD while using Google chrome

Discus and support BSOD while using Google chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys! I just got random bsod while watching youtube, i got similiar bsod 4-5 month ago but bios update fixed me and now is start again.here the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Morty, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Morty Win User

BSOD while using Google chrome

Hey guys! I just got random bsod while watching youtube, i got similiar bsod 4-5 month ago but bios update fixed me and now is start again.here the minidmp windbg result:

:)

Morty, Jul 4, 2017

2. Please examine this dmp file. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD! Windows 10

Thanks Gerry,

OK, I decided to use OneDrive anyway.

Hers is the link: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I mentioned earlier that I was using Google Chrome when the BSODs occurred. I did not run these reports while having Chrome open, as I almost immediately get a BSOD under these circumstances.

Cheers,

John.

JohnHannaford, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Janus117 Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER

I got a BSOD with the stop code DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER while I was using google chrome. I have had other crashes, freezes and a different BSOD before. I've provided the dump files.

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Janus117, Jul 4, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Morty,

Unfortunately the result you have from Windbg does not tell what caused it.

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions to provide us with all information requested.

axe0, Jul 4, 2017
  5. Morty Win User
    heres the dm log

Morty, Jul 5, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    BSOD while using Google chrome [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Jul 5, 2017
  7. Morty Win User
    can you check first my dm log because i only got bsod in chrome never have problem when gaming or etc.

Morty, Jul 5, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Driver verifier is the result of the logs.

axe0, Jul 5, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    On a second check:
    Please disable hardware acceleration in chrome if it is enabled
    • In the right upper corner, click on the triple dots and choose settings.
    • Scroll below and click on 'advanced settings', scroll all the way to the end of the settings.
    • In the part 'system' is the option to enable/disable hardware acceleration.
    • If this option is enabled disable it

axe0, Jul 5, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    The windows driver verifier is useful in finding problematic drivers.
    One of your drivers has failed to load and this could be ruled in/out as a misbehaving driver.

zbook, Jul 5, 2017
  11. Morty Win User
    I always use chrome without hardware acceleration, but what kind of driver use for chrome?
    i don't think driver verifier is really necessary because as i said only chrome cause bsod every other run fine.
    ( anyway at the weekend i update usb 3.0, intel chipset and every old driver but if it crash again i'm gonna switch firefox.)

Morty, Jul 5, 2017
  12. Morty Win User
    i just another bsod *Sad
    Probably caused by : intelppm.sys ( intelppm!C1Halt+2 )

Morty, Jul 5, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Please update your zip file when you have a bsod: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Code: The driver \Driver\iaLPSS2_UART2 failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A127&SUBSYS_79761462&REV_31\3&11583659&0&F0.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) Turn off windows fast startup: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

6) perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code into the thread

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

zbook, Jul 5, 2017
  14. Morty Win User
    here the dm log
    i used power saving mode while oc the cpu, so that was the problem? do i turn off cpu power saving mode in bios too?
    because the chrome was laggy like 1 second freeze.

Morty, Jul 5, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck A, {3490, ff, 94, fffff80219f6b679}Probably caused by : intelppm.sys ( intelppm!C1Halt+2 )[/quote] Code: intelppm Intel processzor illes Intel processzor illes Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 69ÿ632 28ÿ672 0 2016. 07. 16. 4:10:43 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys[/quote] intelppm.sys Intel Processor driver Drivers & Software also at
    Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

So please make sure your files are backed up.

Please make a backup image with Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    And please create a restore point.How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

What is the intelppm.sys file?

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

zbook, Jul 5, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD while using Google chrome - Similar Threads - BSOD while using

2. Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome: I need some help. The BSOD issues have been appearing frequently in the past couple weeks while I had Google Chrome tabs opened. The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't show any issues however. Is this a memory issue? I have found the dumps files and here's the link to...
  3. Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is having BSOD while using Google Chrome: I need some help. The BSOD issues have been appearing frequently in the past couple weeks while I had Google Chrome tabs opened. The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't show any issues however. Is this a memory issue? I have found the dumps files and here's the link to...
  4. Bsods while using chrome.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods while using chrome.: Hi, I have had alot off Bsods while using chrome lately. Most of the time it's when i'm watching something on netflix. Usually different bsod: error messages. Tried a couple of things but haven't solved it, here is a dmp file and a speccy file. Any help is appreciated. :)...
  5. BSOD usually while using Google Chrome, what failed: vuhub.sys

BSOD usually while using Google Chrome, what failed: vuhub.sys: Hello TenForums, I have had a couple BSODs but were all posting different stop codes and 'what failed' files usually while browsing the internet with Google Chrome. The most recent stop code was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA with 'what failed' was vuhub.sys. Please see...
  6. BSOD whe I use Google Chrome

BSOD whe I use Google Chrome: I keep getting the BSOD when I'm using Google Chrome, which will suddenly stop responding and then my computer will crash. This happens even if I have only one or two tabs open. The stop code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it says Netwtw04.sys is what failed. Thank you...
  7. Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome

Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome: Hello all, I've had this laptop for about 3 months now. I was browsing the web today and watching Twitch.tv while I suddenly received a BSOD with the error message "Bad_Pool_Caller" in it. This is the first time I've received a BSOD on this laptop so far, but I have had a...
  8. BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome

BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome: Hey! My HP OMEN 15 (2016) recently crashed. It was the first time after 2-3 months, not quite sure. I have no idea how to read a memory dump, so I come here to humbly ask you guys for help *Tongue It happened while using chrome. I normally have CPU max power to 99% to avoid...
  9. BSOD while using Google Chrome(?)

BSOD while using Google Chrome(?): Hello everyone, I hope You can help me with my problem regarding a new PC I bought. It got 2 BSODs in between a few days and it seems both happened while using Google Chrome, but I'm not really sure if that's the cause or something else. I did some hardware testing after the...
  10. BSOD while using google chrome.

BSOD while using google chrome.: I got 3 different types of BSOD for the past 4 months. 1. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE 3. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY. During that time I think I was just browsing. Also, recently "Google Chrome" is hanging frequently and I got a new...