Windows 10: BSOD while using second monitor via adapter after a number of updates.

Discus and support BSOD while using second monitor via adapter after a number of updates. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, After a few months of searching I found this forum which seems my best shot of getting this issue resolved. I have a Gateway computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leonardocal, Mar 15, 2017.

1. BSOD while using second monitor via adapter after a number of updates.

Hi guys,

After a few months of searching I found this forum which seems my best shot of getting this issue resolved.

I have a Gateway computer which was updated to Win10 some time ago and added a second monitor so my wife could work better on it. After some updates came down, it started to get the BSOD to the point I had to take off the USB adapter.

It is a Gateway tower with Intel Pentium Duo processor and Intel graphics card

Thanks in advance!

Leo

:)

leonardocal, Mar 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 - didn't detect another display

Hi, i have troubles connecting my second monitor to my laptop.

When i connect the second monitor via VGA, laptop's monitor resolution is changed to 1440x900, which is the highest available resolution of the second monitor. However the second monitor says "no signal".

I have updated Display adapters' drivers, i have set "multiple displays" to "extend these displays" in display settings panel. Btw.: When i try to detect second monitor, there's a message "Didn't detect another display." (however my laptop must be communicating
    with second monitor, because of the initial resolution change).

Any suggestions?

MikeLacroix, Mar 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Second Monitor not shown in Colour Management App after recent update(s)

Hi,

After a recent update (not sure which one) the Windows Colour Management App no longer 'sees' my second Dell monitor.

The monitor is shown in Device Manager as "Pnp-Monitor (Standard)". It always used to be shown with its Dell model number, as my other one still is.

If I use the Windows Dsplay Settings app, both monitors are shown and can be configured, but when I use the Colour Management App to try to associate a profile with the 2nd monitor, it doesn't work because the monitor is not even listed there!

I'm running Build 15063.674 and Intel HD Graphics 4600 with driver version 20.19.15.4624 (updated today to try to fix this but to no avail).

The 'missing' monitor is connected via a standard VGA cable. The OK one is connected via Display-port. I have not changed the hardware setup at all in the last year.

Steve_B_2409, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD while using second monitor via adapter after a number of updates.

The newest dump is over two months old, 1/12/2017. Is that how long it's been since you had a BSOD?

The 1/12 dump shows a problem with Rtnicxp.sys.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rtnicxp.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rtnicxp.sys[/quote] RtNICXP stands for Realtek NIC driver for Windows XP. The one you have is old:
    3/31/2008 1:41:05 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Rtnicxp.sys

You NIC appears to be Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC. No idea why you still have an old XP based NIC driver installed.

I suggest you uninstall it from Device Manager then reboot and let Windows rediscover it and reload the driver, see if that makes any difference.

Also, the driver for your onboard Intel video chip is very old, 9/30/2012 8:00:00 PM.

One of the older 1/4 dumps indicates a problem with t1pusb.sys.
    Code: Product: USB Graphics Device (1P) Company: Magic Control Technology Corp. Description: USB Graphics Device (1P) Driver[/quote] Was this the device you used to connect a 2nd display?

Ztruker, Mar 16, 2017
  5. Thanks Rich!
    I haven't used the Eclipse USB adapter in that long while looking for solutions.

When I hit "update driver" says the best one is installed in both of those. Should I delete both in device manager?

leonardocal, Mar 17, 2017
  6. Here is the new log.

Deleted drivers and rebooted.

A driver slightly updated but not by much and the other didn't change.

Had to disconnect the adapter to be able to get the computer to stop the BSOD'ing

It has happened with two different adapters and with different monitors attached.

leonardocal, Mar 18, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    The 3/18 dump shows the following:
    Code: BugCheck 50, {95d88000, 2, bff11c9e, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for t1pusb.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for t1pusb.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mctkmd.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mctkmd.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : t1pusb.sys ( t1pusb+1c9e )[/quote] t1pusb.sys
    Product: USB Graphics Device (1P)
    Company: Magic Control Technology Corp.
    Description: USB Graphics Device (1P) Driver

mctkmd.sys
    Product: LDDM Kernel Mode Driver for Magic Control Technology Corporation
    Company: Magic Control Technology Corporation
    Description: LDDM Kernel Mode Driver for Magic Control Technology Corporation

Are you using a device from Magic Control? If so, let me know what it is and remove it or find an updated driver.

Ztruker, Mar 24, 2017
  8. BSOD while using second monitor via adapter after a number of updates.

It's a:
    MAD CATZ (used to be Eclipse) SEE2 UV150

• Brand Name: Mad Catz
    • Model Number: TRI904050001/04/1
    • Item Package Quantity: 1
    • Graphics Coprocessor: Tritton
    • Graphics Card Ram Memory: 512 MB

leonardocal, Mar 24, 2017
  9. leonardocal, Mar 24, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Sure sounds like that may be the root cause since all was well until the update.

Ztruker, Mar 24, 2017
  11. Since I don't think anyone wil make a newer driver, I might have to switch adapters but I had tried another and had same results.

leonardocal, Mar 29, 2017
  12. leonardocal, Mar 29, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

That's a USB to VGA adapter. Was the other one you tried newer? Did it have a newer driver?

Perhaps a better choice, though more expensive, would be to get a new dual headed video card that supports two monitors?

Ztruker, Mar 30, 2017
  14. It was a J5 unit the one I tried but it might have been having issues with this driver as I don't remember uninstalling it but it did say it was Win10 compatible as the one on the shelf yesterday might have been a bit newer.

JUA214 USB 3.0 to VGA Multi-Monitor Adapter
    But might go with this one and I do not have USB 3.0 on my devices:
    JUA210 USB 2.0 VGA Display Adapter

A second graphics card would need the two vga ports correct? This being a gateway tower I think the problem is the original port being part of the motherboard

leonardocal, Mar 30, 2017
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Does it have any PCI-E slots available. That is where newer graphics cards would be plugged.

Ztruker, Mar 31, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD while using second monitor via adapter after a number of updates. - Similar Threads - BSOD while using

2. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  3. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  4. Using a second monitor as an extended display via HDMI to VGA Adapter. Can you?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a second monitor as an extended display via HDMI to VGA Adapter. Can you?: I use a Dell laptop and at home I have an old Dell monitor. I want to connect the Dell monitor as a second display via the HDMI port using a HDMI to VGA adapter. The monitor works fine as a duplicate display but now I want to use them as an extended display but the laptop...
  5. Using a second monitor as an extended display via HDMI to VGA Adapter. Can you?

Using a second monitor as an extended display via HDMI to VGA Adapter. Can you?: I use a Dell laptop and at home I have an old Dell monitor. I want to connect the Dell monitor as a second display via the HDMI port using a HDMI to VGA adapter. The monitor works fine as a duplicate display but now I want to use them as an extended display but the laptop...
  6. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor not detected via docking station.: Hello my friends,Today I have received a new docking station, but I am having some trouble connecting my second monitor to it main monitor is working. I am trying to connect:1x 4K 60Hz via DisplayLink WORKING1x FHD 60Hz via HDMI NOT DETECTEDI am using this Baseus docking...
  7. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

Second Monitor not detected via docking station.: Hello my friends,Today I have received a new docking station, but I am having some trouble connecting my second monitor to it main monitor is working. I am trying to connect:1x 4K 60Hz via DisplayLink WORKING1x FHD 60Hz via HDMI NOT DETECTEDI am using this Baseus docking...
  8. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display: What I want: Use my laptop as a second monitor at home. The laptop does not have HDMI in so I have to go wireless. So I have both computers setup to use the connect app, have the settings configured under "projecting to this PC", both on the same network (desktop wired and...
  10. Using Surface as second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Surface as second monitor: I have recently started working from home using a laptop from my employer. I have a Surface tablet and would love to use miracast to use it as a secondary display for my work laptop. If I select "Connect" on my laptop only my roku appears as a device, I cannot find the...