Windows 10: BSOD while watching videos. Error: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

Discus and support BSOD while watching videos. Error: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The video stops running and a flickery noise appears and after a little bit the blue screen appears and the laptop reboots. It happens everytime I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Username444, Aug 4, 2017.

1. BSOD while watching videos. Error: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

The video stops running and a flickery noise appears and after a little bit the blue screen appears and the laptop reboots.

It happens everytime I watch videos online. It is more frequent when I am watching videos on youtube than when watching a series.
    My sister has been using my laptop and says it seems to happen when the volume is higher.

The DM log collector is attached.

Thank you.

:)

Username444, Aug 4, 2017
  2. LukeH0504 Win User

Stop Error Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I was watching some normal YouTube videos and then my laptop suddenly went to an OSoD (Orange Screen of Death). The stop error was DPC Watchdog Violation and it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This is the third time I have seen this error and they all happened
    while watching youtube. This is the first time it has been orange however.

LukeH0504, Aug 4, 2017
  3. MF_353 Win User
    DPC Watchdog Violation

So it's been a few days since I last had a BSOD but today when I was watching a YouTube video I got the DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen again.

Minidump link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhSD5wnAru9NtG4P19BWSErEKtXK

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MF_353, Aug 4, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while watching videos. Error: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

axe0, Aug 4, 2017
  5. Do you need the name of the computer or is there a problem with the attached dmp files?
    The computer is an ASUS from the A540L series.

Username444, Aug 4, 2017
  6. I ran the DM log collector again.
    Hope this helps.

Username444, Aug 4, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    We need event logs, dxdiag information, system information, information from msinfo32, drivers list, list of installed programs that may be related to drivers and more which are collected by the tool.

Am currently going through the files.

axe0, Aug 4, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Update the BIOS to version 204.

Downgrade the wifi drivers from 2023.55 to 2023.38 from ASUS and see if it improves the situation *Smile

axe0, Aug 4, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    zbook, Aug 4, 2017
  10. Thanks.

I´ll try that

Username444, Aug 4, 2017
  11. The dmp files in english

Username444, Aug 4, 2017
  12. Seems to be working fine now.
    Thank you so much.

I will keep you posted

Username444, Aug 4, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

On July 14, 2017 the event log displayed corruption on the file system.
    Had you fixed the corruption?

zbook, Aug 5, 2017
  14. I have checked. There seem to be no problems

Username444, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while watching videos. Error: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - Similar Threads - BSOD while watching

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos: Hello, I've been getting DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube. It has happened twice now last week. Before the BSOD my laptop will freeze with a loud buzzing noise. Last month I also experienced BSODs but with a different error code. Last month's code was Kernel...
  3. BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: I faced the BSOD several each time watch video on youtube or vimeo. Basically online videos. Then I updated my nvidia driver and it resolved for few hours maybe. Then again this s happening. I tried to go to device manager and update drivers IDE ATA/ATAPI controller, Tried...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube: I have been experiencing many BSODs while browsing Youtube videos. They are all of the DPC Watchdog Violation variety. I have searched through this site previously as I know there are many people experiencing the same problem but I felt it would be easier if I provided with...
  5. BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation: I keep getting a BSOD every time I try to watch Youtube videos. It is always a DPC Watchdog Violation. I recently updated to a new windows version after having issues after doing a reset. Windows 10 i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620 92670
  6. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation: For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening. 87995
  7. BSOD: DPC Watch Dog Violation while watching Youtube videos

BSOD: DPC Watch Dog Violation while watching Youtube videos: Hi, I've been getting this BSOD while watching youtube videos. The same thing hasn't happened while in another video platform. Here you can find the attached dump files. Thank your very much if anyone tries helping me. I'm very lost, I've tried updating all drivers with...
  8. BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation: In the couple past of days after Windows 10 updated by itself, my computer has been crashing every hour while I'm attempting to watch some youtube videos. This is getting out of hand and I have no idea what to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 67073
  9. BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation: Every time while I watch Youtube videos suddenly my screen freezes and then restarts again. Im so tired of this.. I saw a thread of the same problem and people sent him a link from ASUS website to replace his driver. I also saw he posted a dump file but personally I dont...
  10. BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation.

BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation.: Every time I watch a video this happens... I'm so tired I have been trying to fix it for 10 hours... I uploaded the dmp files that I found in the minidumps mappa. Btw this problem doesn't occur when i watch Twitch.tv or play games. Also I have windows 10 I5 6300 HQ...