Windows 10: BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

Discus and support BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bloompies, Jul 1, 2017.

1. bloompies Win User

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening.

:)

bloompies, Jul 1, 2017
  2. LukeH0504 Win User

Stop Error Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I was watching some normal YouTube videos and then my laptop suddenly went to an OSoD (Orange Screen of Death). The stop error was DPC Watchdog Violation and it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This is the third time I have seen this error and they all happened
    while watching youtube. This is the first time it has been orange however.

LukeH0504, Jul 1, 2017
  3. MF_353 Win User
    DPC Watchdog Violation

So it's been a few days since I last had a BSOD but today when I was watching a YouTube video I got the DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen again.

Minidump link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhSD5wnAru9NtG4P19BWSErEKtXK

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MF_353, Jul 1, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys Probably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+30918 )[/quote] Code: ffffa300`2fb46bb0 fffff80f`89c38960Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64lp.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64lp.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64lp.sys[/quote] igdkmd64lp.sys Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver Drivers & Software
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys Probably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+30918 )[/quote] rtwlane.sys Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Level=4&Conn=3

Wdf01000
    Wdf01000.sys WDF Dynamic - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime Windows Update
    Code: The driver \Driver\tunnel failed to load for the device SWD\IP_TUNNEL_VBUS\ISATAP_0.[/quote] Code: The driver \Driver\tunnel failed to load for the device SWD\IP_TUNNEL_VBUS\Teredo_Tunnel_Device.[/quote]
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) uninstall: Realtek PCI-E wireless LAN driver using device manager > network adapters
    reinstall by checking available drivers on the ASUS web site using the computers product or serial number and operating sytem. If there is no driver listed then use: Realtek

6) uninstall: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
    reinstall: by checking available drivers on the ASUS web site using the computers product or serial number and operating sytem. If there is no driver listed then use: Drivers & Software

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  5. bloompies Win User
    Here are the results of the command prompt:

1) Version 1607 & build is 14393.1358

2)
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc/scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

3) C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14393.0

Image Version: 10.0.14393.0

The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

4) C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is OS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    275200 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    25680 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    349106 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    36954 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    41242112 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

29740031 KB total disk space.
    24690904 KB in 148901 files.
    119116 KB in 36955 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    348523 KB in use by the system.
    25504 KB occupied by the log file.
    4581488 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    7435007 total allocation units on disk.
    1145372 allocation units available on disk.

bloompies, Jul 1, 2017
  6. @zbook

Heres no problem. This information isnt relevant for the user.

BSODHunter, Jul 2, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Hello bloompies,

This problem has been cropping up frequently in the last few days. The solution is to roll back to an earlier driver for the Wireless Network (rtwlane.sys).

Go to the ASUS website for your laptop and install Version*V10.3.723.2015 which is under the LAN section of the drivers page. https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/E402SA/HelpDesk_Download/

To prevent windows updating this driver again you need to turn off automatic driver updates via Windows Update.

philc43, Jul 2, 2017
  8. bloompies Win User

Thank you for helping me with this!
    I found the rtwlane.sys thing on a driver using the device manager. However it's not letting me roll back to a previous version and when i try to update it:
    Attachment 142334

Also the driver i downloaded from asus, when i do the setup thing that comes inside the file, updates this one instead:
    Attachment 142336

bloompies, Jul 2, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    See if you can do a manual update on the Wireless LAN device by browsing for the driver software, pick from a list of available drivers and choosing the earlier version (2015) to update with.

philc43, Jul 3, 2017
  10. bloompies Win User
    It doesn't let me do a manual update, since when I try I get the message above that says my driver is already up to date. So whenever I run the setup file found inside the driver folder:
    Attachment 142344
    It updates the family pcie controller thing that i posted above instead of the driver that has the actual problem.

bloompies, Jul 3, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Code: RTWlanE Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 3,551,232 0 5/17/2017 22:17:33 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rtwlane.sys 8,192[/quote] 1) download and install everything search
    voidtools
    It will index everything on your internal and external drives
    It can start on boot or be opened whenever your need it.

2) search for rtwlane.sys

3) create a restore point

4) connect your computer by ethernet

5) right click on rtwlane.sys and uninstall it

6) reboot

search for rtwlane.sys
    Did it reappear?
    If not go to the Asus web site and download the Realtek driver after entering the computer's product or serial number and the operating system.
    If there is not a suitable driver there check the Realtek web site: Realtek

zbook, Jul 3, 2017
  12. bloompies Win User
    I managed to delete most of the rtwlane.sys files using the void program, but there are a few left that refuse to be deleted. They say they need permission from the admin, but I am running as admin. I tried changing the permission in the folders to admin but it's not working.
    Attachment 142348
    I'm sorry if i seem dense but i already looked online for solutions and they didn't seem to work

bloompies, Jul 3, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

The permission you need is 1 higher, SYSTEM.
    Above admin permission there is the SYSTEM permission, this permission level is used by Windows to protect files in the Windows folder, preventing critical files from being altered. One can't get that permission level.
    While you are in Windows, there is no way to alter any files protected by the system.

You need a WinPE to work around the permission issue, see Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

14. bloompies Win User
    as of right now, i've fiddled around with a few of the programs and installed some new drivers, that probably won't help, but i'm already really fed up with this. I haven't crashed in a while but the videos aren't really running that smoothly, so I think it might've helped a bit. Thanks to the people who helped!

bloompies, Jul 3, 2017
  15. I had this same issue, and unfortunately I can't tell you exactly which of my many attempts finally gave me an option. I tried manually setting the driver by right-clicking the inf file in the older driver package and selecting Install. I ran the older package's Setup command and of course got the "driver already update" type of response. I even did a change of the version number and date within one of the .inf files by Notepad. Tried deleting all the drivers but had the same locked out from about 5 of them just like you. At some point in trying all these methods, even though they all said they stayed with the newer driver from May, one of them finally left the older driver as a Rollback to Older Driver option when I checked driver properties via Device Manager.
    Sorry I can't tell you a perfect step-by-step instruction but somewhere in doing this cluster of processes that's how I ended up with the option to ignore the current driver and went back to one from 2015. Hope this helps.

bryguy1231, Jul 3, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation - Similar Threads - BSOD while watching

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos: Hello, I've been getting DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube. It has happened twice now last week. Before the BSOD my laptop will freeze with a loud buzzing noise. Last month I also experienced BSODs but with a different error code. Last month's code was Kernel...
  3. BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: I faced the BSOD several each time watch video on youtube or vimeo. Basically online videos. Then I updated my nvidia driver and it resolved for few hours maybe. Then again this s happening. I tried to go to device manager and update drivers IDE ATA/ATAPI controller, Tried...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube: I have been experiencing many BSODs while browsing Youtube videos. They are all of the DPC Watchdog Violation variety. I have searched through this site previously as I know there are many people experiencing the same problem but I felt it would be easier if I provided with...
  5. BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation: I keep getting a BSOD every time I try to watch Youtube videos. It is always a DPC Watchdog Violation. I recently updated to a new windows version after having issues after doing a reset. Windows 10 i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620 92670
  6. BSOD: DPC Watch Dog Violation while watching Youtube videos

BSOD: DPC Watch Dog Violation while watching Youtube videos: Hi, I've been getting this BSOD while watching youtube videos. The same thing hasn't happened while in another video platform. Here you can find the attached dump files. Thank your very much if anyone tries helping me. I'm very lost, I've tried updating all drivers with...
  7. DPC watchdog violation while watching videos on youtube ASUS K550V

DPC watchdog violation while watching videos on youtube ASUS K550V: Hello, it has been a while since my new notebook ASUS K550V keeps rebooting with a BSOD - dpc watchdog violation. At the beginning I wasn't able to notice what caused it, but now I think it is a problem with video playback (maybe while on battery, even if I am not sure...
  8. BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation: In the couple past of days after Windows 10 updated by itself, my computer has been crashing every hour while I'm attempting to watch some youtube videos. This is getting out of hand and I have no idea what to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 67073
  9. BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation: Every time while I watch Youtube videos suddenly my screen freezes and then restarts again. Im so tired of this.. I saw a thread of the same problem and people sent him a link from ASUS website to replace his driver. I also saw he posted a dump file but personally I dont...
  10. BSOD DPC watchdog violation while playing Youtube videos

BSOD DPC watchdog violation while playing Youtube videos: Hello, I am posting here as a last resort. I have not been able to figure out why I am getting periodic DPC watchdog errors on my PC. During Youtube video playback, it tends to have artifacts and stuttering at any resolution, but it plays fine for a random amount of time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stopcode igdkmd64lp.sys