Windows 10: BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2

Discus and support BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, Started getting random BSOD during XCOM 2, been absolutely fine up until now. No other BSODs during other activities. From looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jambokaos87, Feb 23, 2016.

1. BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2

Hello all,

Started getting random BSOD during XCOM 2, been absolutely fine up until now. No other BSODs during other activities.

From looking at BlueScreenViewer it points to both cng.sys and ntsokernel.exe. The actual BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a.

Thanks,

Jamie

Attachment 65959
    Attachment 65960

:)

jambokaos87, Feb 23, 2016
  2. AEDGraphx Win User

Fresh install, 4 different BSOD's

So, I managed last night to play both Xcom and the updated version of Dying light (which previously had hangs and freezes) for over two hours total, that's a huge change, and the only thing I did was tweak graphics settings in the game itself. However, after
    an hour or so of playing Xcom today, I had a BSOD, a repeat as the machine tried to reboot, and then again when I tried to open chrome and skype to write this. Only the first BSOD created a dmp though.

Link to latest bsod: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3E2BBFAB9B78F356!872&authkey=!ANfX_soyYxHhE_4&ithint=file,dmp

Also, have had speccy running anytime I do anything, temps definitely weren't too high.

AEDGraphx, Feb 23, 2016
  3. System freezes when playing game.

Original Title: radar_preleak

Anytime I play xcom 2 through steam my pc freezes randomly during game play due to radar_preleak. I think it is an issue with my os since I have tried running in clean boot mode. Does activating windows affect this issue at all? Any ideas on how to fix this
    issue?

DonovanJames, Feb 23, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2

5. Here is the upload with the new tool.

jambokaos87, Feb 24, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Thank you *Smile

If you are overclocking anything, revert back to stock and test your system
    Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz" MaxSpeed: 2800 CurrentSpeed: 4013[/quote]

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2

1. BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2 - Similar Threads - BSOD whilst playing

2. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  3. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  4. BSoD only whilst playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD only whilst playing certain games: I've been getting BSoD errors whilst playing specific games at the moment in time, it is the final fantasy pixel remaster series whilst running fine on many more games that are more taxing, the really annoying thing is that most BSoD's stay stuck at 0% so it doesn't create a...
  5. BSoD only whilst playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD only whilst playing certain games: I've been getting BSoD errors whilst playing specific games at the moment in time, it is the final fantasy pixel remaster series whilst running fine on many more games that are more taxing, the really annoying thing is that most BSoD's stay stuck at 0% so it doesn't create a...
  6. BSoD only whilst playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Bsod whilst playing games

Bsod whilst playing games: My PC BSODS Critical_Process_Died whilst playing gamesDMP: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoDwxz1NoYMyg9ZG4F7mBgpYnQ9mqg?e=YYtKEsIf anyone could help it would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-whilst-playing-games/40ee6bf7-8bea-414b-bdf3-d44cdac5af69
  8. BSoD whilst playing CoD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSoD whilst playing CoD: Hi all, Can someone please help me understand this? Game crashed to blue screen twice in last 3 days. I believe its possibly a driver error, but no idea which driver and not keen on running driver verifier. On Win 10. Wins Dbg stuff below:...
  9. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSoD while playing XCOM

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSoD while playing XCOM: I can't seem to catch a break. I have tried numerous solutions and it's getting to the point where I feel like my lack of understanding is leading me to potentially making a mistake that might cost me more than it helps in the long run. The nvlddmkm.sys file has a lot to do...
  10. red screen crash while playing xcom 2

red screen crash while playing xcom 2: I have been trying to play xcom 2 for the past week and every time during the first 10-30 minutes the game crashes along with the pc and I get a red screen with no text. I have to manually turn off my computer and my pc creates a dump file. This has happened every time except...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xcom 2 bsod