Windows 10: BSOD - win 10 pro 64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

Discus and support BSOD - win 10 pro 64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys! Im new to the forum. Seen a lot of great help on here and wondering if you guys may be able to assist me. Dell recently replaced my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geesesherman, Jun 21, 2016.

1. BSOD - win 10 pro 64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

Hey guys! Im new to the forum. Seen a lot of great help on here and wondering if you guys may be able to assist me. Dell recently replaced my old system with a new one because of a motherboard warranty problem. The new computer was operating just fine up until recently when I started getting a BSOD and random restarts.

The error message that I am getting is: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000004477, 0x00000000deadbf07, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cc343464-d4ea-4169-ba11-64ec476f6851

I've updated the BIOs, reseatted the memory, updated display drivers, updated the chipset drivers using Dells website.

Attached are the memory dumps.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should look at or something I should do. Attachment 86175

:)

geesesherman, Jun 21, 2016
  2. MauiS Win User

BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

Thanks Gerry for responding quickly.

I will do that and get back to you soon

MauiS, Jun 21, 2016
  3. BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please, HTML files are less easy
    to work with.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for
    the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Jun 21, 2016
  4. BSOD - win 10 pro 64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

here are some other file attachments with various other bits of information which may help diagnostic purposesAttachment 86196

5. Also attached is the windows update history Attachment 86197

6. Ztruker Win User
    Replying to your own post tends to slow down response as we look for threads with 0 posts first.
    Better to edit the 1st post you make and add stuff to it.

Also, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions , there are quite a few additional files we need to see.

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  7. Thanks for the advice! I wasnt sure if the files I uploaded above would suffice. Seems like there are many different log file compilers out there. Ive went back and re-read the directions and ran the specific tool to collect the log files.

I am attaching the zip folder here.

Attachment 86214

8. Ztruker Win User

BSOD - win 10 pro 64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

Code: Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel[/quote] I'm sorry but we are not allowed to work on counterfeit installations. Please remove any counterfeit software, including but not limited to Windows OS or Microsoft Office.

If, after you have installed genuine software, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

Forum rules

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  10. Z, looks like the solution from that post was to do a fresh install. The successful post was:

So after axe0's last observation, I decided to do a wipe the machine, and redo the bare metal install. I happy to say that I have been using the machine for about a week, and no BSOD's.

So not sure if the issue was indeed was axe0 pointed out or not, but after wiping it clean, and starting over, all seems to be well. Thanks for the help!

Im going to try and fix the problem without having to do that. This is a brand new system with the essentials installed. I'm really not looking forward to having to reinstall the programs and OS. I suppose if I had done this today, then it would already be done by now.

The broadcom driver appears the be the culprit. bcmwl63a.sys I am attempting to find a better driver than the one provided by Dell for this new XPS 8900 desktop. Ill keep you updated on any progress. Thank you!

11. Ztruker Win User
    If you can't find a better driver, you can always add a new Wireless card and disable the onboard Broadcom WiFi. If you use Ethernet and not Wireless, just disable it in BIOS.UEFI setup or in Device Manager.

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Hi @geesesherman,

As @Ztruker told we can no longer provide any support until you have performed a clean installation of Windows.

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

Forum rules

13. BSOD - win 10 pro 64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

Ok guys! I did find a solution to this problem.

After researching this a little further and finding out people who had computers, particular the Dell XPS 8900, and other machines with the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, customers noted that when running a torrent program (or certain other programs as well,) they experienced BSOD (blue screen of death) on both Windows 10 windows 8.1 and windows 7 machines.

I found an online repair company, SafePCFix.com to go through this issue with me completely and go over all of your guys' posts and help research the issue further.

The technician that I hired informed me that the Dell Drivers, while up to date on their website, do not address the issue where the software, using the wireless driver, improperly writes to the computers memory (or something like that.) It basically causes an error in the driver and throws the blue screen.

We confirmed no issue when plugged in LAN.

They went ahead and installed an older version of the driver Broadcom 802.11n 6.30.223.228 that was in 2014. They used a driver that they found, installed it, tested.

NO ISSUES.

In short, if you are receiving the error The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000004477, 0x00000000deadbf07, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cc343464-d4ea-4169-ba11-64ec476f6851

And its related to the driver: bcmwl63a.sys try installing an older version of that driver. Particularly Broadcom 802.11n 6.30.223.228

if you need help doing this, I GOT SO CLOSE TO FIGURING THIS OUT, just hire an online company that can help you do it. I spent three days on this, and even did a complete reinstallation of everything and STILL GOT BSOD. Sometimes its just easier and more cost effective to hire someone to fix it for you. Kinda wish I would have done that in the first place.

Thank you to everyone here who helped solve this. Even though we didnt quite get there, I do appreciate the help and it eventually let me to solve the problem with the help of safepcfix tech. thanks again

ALSO, this software being a KMS installation has nothing to do with this error. Most of the time KMS installations have NOTHING to do with this error. This software was a factory install but wasnt activated by dell properly.

geesesherman, Jun 23, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Read my post, KMS activation gives you a counterfeit system what makes that we won't provide support, it DOES NOT MATTER if it is or is not related!

15. axe0 New Member
    That company is a company like Slimware and IObit *Arrow a company ripping off customers.

Thema:

BSOD - win 10 pro 64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

1. BSOD - win 10 pro 64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. - Similar Threads - BSOD pro computer

2. BSOD - BugCheck? The Computer has rebooted from a bugcheck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - BugCheck? The Computer has rebooted from a bugcheck?: Hi,My less than a month old laptop just got the following error:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0xffffbc862a8281a2, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8015c44857f. A dump was saved in:...
  3. BSOD - BugCheck? The Computer has rebooted from a bugcheck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - BugCheck? The Computer has rebooted from a bugcheck?: Hi,My less than a month old laptop just got the following error:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0xffffbc862a8281a2, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8015c44857f. A dump was saved in:...
  4. BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: I have been getting a BSOD regularly over the past couple of weeks. This is the error log from the System events.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e 0x0000000000000099, 0x0000000000075fc9, 0x0000000000000002, 0x000002f0002fbf69. A dump was...
  5. BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: I intermittently get BSOD's and tend to lose hours and hours of digital artwork, research etc and i need to find out the cause before i snap.Sometimes it will be fine for weeks or months then I will get 1-20 BSODs in a day or week.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  6. BSOD The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: OK, so I thought the issue was fixed because it had not happened in a while but now I am getting the BSOD again.This is the description from last week:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c2 0x0000000000000099, 0xffffa5845eeaa1d8,...
  7. BSOD. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

BSOD. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: So i was playing a game with a friend and unsurprisingly to us, my pc blue screened for what seems to be the 1000th time, its always very specific in the games it does this and just so happens to be the ones we like to actively play.I checked the event log and had a critical...
  8. BSOD. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: So i was playing a game with a friend and unsurprisingly to us, my pc blue screened for what seems to be the 1000th time, its always very specific in the games it does this and just so happens to be the ones we like to actively play.I checked the event log and had a critical...
  9. BSOD : The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD : The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck: Four times my PC has experienced the BSOD with the message "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" and I've performed the following actions which hasn't stopped the issue from happening again :- Verified the memory by running 'mdsched.exe'- Verified that Windows 10 is...
  10. BSOD The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061941, 0x000000000c8f72e8, 0x000000000000000d, 0xfffffc0484a0db00. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f7421f2d-0d85-4b04-942f-e5db655bbb1d. Computer keeps randomly...