Windows 10: BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop

Discus and support BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry - see Forum BSOD. 39393 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gulibill, Jan 31, 2016.

1. gulibill Win User

BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop

Sorry - see Forum BSOD.

:)

gulibill, Jan 31, 2016

2. My desktop is frozen.

I recently has the BSOD, everything is fine now, except the Desktop is frozen. Not the Computer, the Desktop where all your programs are. Is there a way to unfreeze it?

ElevatormaniacGames, Jan 31, 2016
  3. JaneMGB Win User
    Help! I’ve an error message saying stop code Driver IRQL not Less or equal the screen is frozen. I’m working on a brand new Linx

Error message Driver IRQL not less or equal or equal.

screen is frozen im working on a brand new linx.

thanks.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop]

JaneMGB, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop

1. BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop - Similar Threads - BSOD frozen desktop

2. Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar: Before I say anything, I would like to give a note for all the people who are kind enough to help me with my issue; Windows Key + *insert letter here* commands DO NOT WORK! So if you take time out of your day to help me, just know that any commands that involve the Windows...
  3. Windows 10 update frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update frozen: The latest windows 10 update started on my laptop at 6pm (GMT) yesterday and after leaving it all night it is now 3pm (GMT) 21 hours later and all i am getting is a blue screen saying “Preparing to configure Windows” and spinning dots. is there anyway I can abort the update...
  4. Windows frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows frozen: Hi there. My Windows 10 has been frozen for 2 days. it's not deadlocked and the cursor moves, however nothing responds and even the time and date are 2 days back. I had some important unsaved files open. Can anything be done to save them? Can't alt F4 Can't Ctrl Alt Del...
  5. Frozen desktop

Frozen desktop: We have a Dell Alienware desktop that is frozen and unresponsive. We tried all the simple solutions from the internet up to resetting to a save point a week earlier which worked for about 5 minutes. Are there any suggestions before we get to reinstalling Windows? Thank you...
  6. Windows 10 computer frozen

Windows 10 computer frozen: My Windows 10 computer suddenly goes frozen after a few minutes. It is frozen forever and my mouse cannot move. My computer is one year old and it is Lenovo ideapad 300 I am not sure whether it was a Windows 10 update which caused this or whether theres a virus (Im pretty...
  7. frozen display mouse pointer troubleshooting bsod

frozen display mouse pointer troubleshooting bsod: Today I had a frozen display mouse cursor and in the process of troubleshooting I experienced multiple bsod. The preliminary misbehaving software was Speed Fan by whocrashed. The software was uninstalled and reinstalled and when using it with Intel processor diagnostic tool...
  8. BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop

BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop: This is my first problem with Win 10 and its Serious! Windows won't re-load properly, so no access to files, error logs or anything. I upgraded to W10 from W7 on a 5-year old desktop computer about 2 months ago. (W7 often went blue-screen on restarting but usually corrected...
  9. Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen: I am having a really weird problem. I attempted to boot my computer up today, and I was greeted with a totally unresponsive desktop. No icons loaded except for the taskbar, and clicking anywhere on the taskbar does nothing. I tried a hard shutdown and I restarted to the same...
  10. Frozen before desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen before desktop: My 2 year old computer did a windows 10 update overnight and I woke up to a frozen computer. It is stuck right before the desktop. I cannot do anything. I've pressed the normal buttons one would press and Nada. Rebooted by way of the power button. Boots to the same screen...