Windows 10: BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity)

Discus and support BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, On a rock solid machine (to date) I got a BSOD. During this time I was using Unity (VMWare Pro), and the host crashed (not the client VM).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by giometrix, Sep 19, 2016.

1. giometrix Win User

BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity)

Hi All,

On a rock solid machine (to date) I got a BSOD. During this time I was using Unity (VMWare Pro), and the host crashed (not the client VM).

I did try the tool at OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers, which seems to claim that the culprit was steam.exe, but I'm not sure that makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

giometrix, Sep 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1703 - DRIVER_STATE_POWER FAILURE When working with vmware workstation

Hey all

I've Just updated my Windows 10 version 1607 to 1703 and now when I work a while with vmware workstation Windows crashed and showed BSoD with this name : DRIVER_STATE_POWER FAILURE

What should I do?

I Also tried Clean install and still The same

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sasan Lucifer, Sep 19, 2016
  3. SJDM Win User
    How to display different virtual desktops on different monitors

I would suggest the most useful get-around is to run VMware virtual machine and use the power of a wider desktop to run the VMware (or HyperV etc) on the 2nd monitor. You can then run the VMware software in 'unity mode' which allows you to work directly
    in the application window (the one inside the VM); this is better than having to Alt + Tab to the VM environment guest and select the app window you want inside that. It's great, and Windows / VMware is a good solution. (I don't know HyperV which I believe
    has similar functionality). Just make sure you have plenty of memory, as a 64 bit VMware guest VM OS will use similar RAM as a your 'host' machine.

4. axe0 New Member

Hi giometrix,

This is a suggestion you will not like, because it will take you days, possibly a week, to complete the requirement of the test with 64GB of memory.
    What I would recommend is to remove some sticks, keeping around 8-24GB, seat them properly and then run the test. Then the test should take a max of 2 days (with 24GB).

BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity) [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Thema:

1. BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity) - Similar Threads - BSOD host crashed

2. Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation: I got new desktop installed with Windows 10 and have installed it with up to date patches. I have installed VMware workstation and created VM. When I poweron the VM on workstation. Base windows 10 is crashing with below errorsI tried removing Mcafee antivirus, tried disabling...
  3. Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation: I got new desktop installed with Windows 10 and have installed it with up to date patches. I have installed VMware workstation and created VM. When I poweron the VM on workstation. Base windows 10 is crashing with below errorsI tried removing Mcafee antivirus, tried disabling...
  4. VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users when upgrading from Windows 7/8.1 or earlier versions of Windows 10, […] This article VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. BSOD when copying files from host to guest VMware workstation VMs.

BSOD when copying files from host to guest VMware workstation VMs.: Hello, I am encountering BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA whenever I attempt to copy files from my host machine into my VMware Workstation VMs. It is not VM specific but happens to different VMs as well. This occurs 7 out of 10 times and I can't identify the cause of it...
  6. VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen

VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen: Recently I have been suffering from VMware Workstation Pro 16 putting my computer in a black screen. My computer doesn’t recover from this until I force restart my computer. This issue is very annoying. Please help me....
  7. Your host does not meet minimum requirements to run VMware Workstation with Hyper-V or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your host does not meet minimum requirements to run VMware Workstation with Hyper-V or...: Running a virtual system in Vmware it was showing a error like this: [ATTACH] I was copy & pasted the error in google there is some solutions i was go throw it, but in the group policies the file Device Gurd missing [ATTACH] now i'm searched in google about DG...
  8. VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10: I am unable to run VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10 , It says check for compatibility assistance. Initially, the error was. Device Guard and Credential Guard the symptoms matching exactly same as https://communities.vmware.com/thread/588526 I am...
  9. VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If when you are trying to open the Unity mode in VMware Workstation, you see this message, then this post will help you troubleshoot the issue: The virtual machine cannot enter Unity mode because: The guest operating system does not [...] This post VMware...
  10. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...