Windows 10: BSOD Windows 10 Whea_uncorrectable error while playing Dota2

Discus and support BSOD Windows 10 Whea_uncorrectable error while playing Dota2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting bsod while playing dota 2, and only dota 2. I get the Whea_uncorrectable error and the computer restarts itself. I thought it might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nea, Jun 11, 2017.

1. NEA
    Nea Win User

BSOD Windows 10 Whea_uncorrectable error while playing Dota2

I keep getting bsod while playing dota 2, and only dota 2. I get the Whea_uncorrectable error and the computer restarts itself. I thought it might be the cpu, but running prime95 it seems to do fine. I'm not sure for how long I'm supposed to run it though. According to speedfan the temperature is holding steady at 67C.

I got these problems a while back, and I've since updated BIOS, but that didn't help. Honestly, I'm not sure why it only effects dota2 and nothing else. I play other games just fine. It's not like the cpu gets overly hot while I'm playing dota2 either - it gets at the most up towards 66-67 and that's it.

If anyone has any ideas about what could have this effect, I'd be grateful.
    Attachment 139252

:)

2. Hsnchehab Win User

Dota2 game crashes while playing on Windows 10

I have a similar problem and that didn't work

Hsnchehab, Jun 11, 2017
  3. Dota2 game crashes while playing on Windows 10

Hello Muhammad,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

From your description, I can see you telling that the problem is specific to Dota2 game. I mean to say, the issue won't appear when playing other games. I suggest you to check this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the games again to see if it makes
    any difference. This might give us the clue on the root cause of the issue.

In case problem still persist, try to reproduce the issue by keeping your computer in Clean Boot state.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program. Follow the
    below mentioned steps to perform Clean Boot:

a. Press Windows Key, type
    msconfig in the search box, and hit Enter.

b. On the Services tab of the
    System Configuration
    dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
    Disable all.

c. On the Startup tab of the
    System Configuration
    dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.

d. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
    Disable.

e. Close Task Manager.

f. On the Startup tab of the
    System Configuration
    dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer. Now see if the same thing happens.

If a service is causing issue, I suggest you turn on 5 services at a time, reboot and then see if the problem reappears, keep repeating this until you find a group of 5 services, which are causing this issue, then check the one
    by one, till you find the one which is causing your issue. Perform the same divide and apply for
    Startup's too.

Refer the below article on "How to Perform Clean Boot". As the article is designed for Windows 8.1,
    Windows 8 and Windows 7. Unlike launching step for 'System Configuration', options and steps to Clean Boot are same for Windows 10.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the same article.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 11, 2017
  4. BSOD Windows 10 Whea_uncorrectable error while playing Dota2

There are entries in the hosts.txt to bypass the activation of Adobe products.

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be please to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

BSODHunter, Jun 12, 2017
  5. NEA
    Nea Win User
    I didn't realize I had that in there. I've removed it now. Here's the new log zip.
    Attachment 139250

6. Seems to be an hardware problem:

Code: 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (11.06.2017 12:41:10) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE [18.07.1979] hal.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL. NO Driver) WHEA Notify: Machine Check Exception Type: Micro-Architectural Error Error: Internal timer (Proc 7 Bank 4) PROCESS: dota2.exe Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption[/quote]
    Please have a look on your overclocking tools u have. Seems to be that u are using Software like ParkControl.

BSOD Windows 10 Whea_uncorrectable error while playing Dota2 [​IMG]
    0x124

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

A 0x124 is one of the worst STOP codes to encounter for the sole reason that the dump files usually give nothing away as to the cause of the problem. WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) errors signify a problem with hardware but very rarely pinpoint the culprit. In these scenarios it is advised to run a series of hardware stress and diagnostic tests to try and pinpoint the problem. A template is offered below which covers the four main components (GPU, CPU, RAM, HDD) and gives you a fighting chance of narrowing down the problematic device.

Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Steps:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Overclocking means pushing the components beyond what they were designed for. If you do not know what that is you probably are not overclocking so go to the next step
    2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. If this is a laptop use compressed air to carefully blow out the heat pipe and fan when the computer is turned off. If a desktop take the side cover off and blow a fan on the components
    3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), etc. Do not rely on windows when it says the most recent driver is installed. It may be the most recent but it may also be corrupt.
    4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions and clear the CMOS. Check with the computer maker for directions on this procedure and as usual it is always a good idea to back up your data.
    5) Update ALL OS Windows updates
    6) Stress test the major components. Start with RAM, CPU, HD, etc.
    For RAM, use Memtest. Instructions for which can be found here.
    Computers are extremely sensitive to problematic ram so any errors on memtest should be considered an issue and even a clear report for less than 8 passes can give a false negative.
    For CPU use Prime95
    For hard drives, use CHKDSK /F finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors". You should also go to the HD maker and download and run their HD checking utility
    7) Perform a "vanilla" (clean) re-installation of Windows: Install nothing that is not from the OS (not even Malware) until you have seen that the computer is not crashing in this state.
    When the vanilla installation has run long enough that you are convinced it is OK, start installing updates and applications a few at a time, and wait until you are again convinced it is OK. If the crashes resume it is obviously the last group of installations that is the issue and remove them.
    8) Re-seat all connectors, ram modules, etc. You can use the same can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.
    Only attempt this if you are FULLY knowledgeable about the procedures.
    9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope that the culprit is something non-essential which can be removed.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Diagnostic Test
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

Diagnostic Test
    HDD TEST

Run HDTune to check health and scan for errors.

Note It may take some time, but look for signs of any errors or failure.

You can also run a disk check using chkdsk. Refer to the tutorial for details of how to do this.

BSODHunter, Jun 13, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe707c0d2c028, be000000, 800400} Probably caused by : GenuineIntel[/quote] Code: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.[/quote] Code: WudfUsbccidDriver Event[2226]: An operation has failed (0xA, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0). ScReadWrite: Failed to write request. HResult: A device which does not exist was specified.[/quote] Code: Event[2227]: Log Name: System Source: WudfUsbccidDriver Date: 2017-04-26T12:16:02.245 Event ID: 1 Task: Driver Level: Error Opcode: General Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: Awesomeness Description: An operation has failed (0x3, 0x2, 0x0, 0x0). ScCardPowerColdReset: IccPowerOnStatusError HResult: A device which does not exist was specified.[/quote] Code: Event[2233]: Log Name: System Source: WudfUsbccidDriver Date: 2017-04-26T12:16:02.245 Event ID: 1 Task: Driver Level: Error Opcode: General Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: Awesomeness Description: An operation has failed (0xA, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0). ScReadWrite: Failed to write request. HResult: A device which does not exist was specified.[/quote] Code: Event[2234]: Log Name: System Source: WudfUsbccidDriver Date: 2017-04-26T12:16:02.245 Event ID: 1 Task: Driver Level: Error Opcode: General Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: Awesomeness Description: An operation has failed (0x3, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0). ScCardPowerColdReset: IccPowerOff failed. HResult: A device which does not exist was specified.[/quote]
    Code: The device, \Device\Harddisk2\DR2, has a bad block.[/quote] Code: VDS fails to write boot code on a disk during clean operation. Error code: 80070002@02070008[/quote] Code: Smart Card Reader 'Vasco DIGIPASS 920 0' rejected IOCTL POWER: The system cannot find the file specified. If this error persists, your smart card or reader may not be functioning correctly.[/quote] Code: Smart Card Reader 'Vasco DIGIPASS 920 0' rejected IOCTL POWER: The system cannot find the file specified. If this error persists, your smart card or reader may not be functioning correctly.[/quote] Code: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load: dam EhStorClass[/quote] Code: intelpep Intel(R) Power Engine Intel(R) Power Engine Kernel Boot Running OK TRUE FALSE 8ÿ192 24ÿ576 0 2007-04-19 10:53:10 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelpep.sys 4ÿ096 intelppm Intel Processor Driver Intel Processor Driver Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 94ÿ208 53ÿ248 0 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys[/quote]
    Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffa2882d52c028, be000000, 800400} Probably caused by : GenuineIntel[/quote]

Comprehensive studies are underway.
    The event viewer indicated a bad block on one of the drives.
    Chkdsk /f and HD studies are already ordered.
    Both bsod displayed Intel but this debugger did not specify the driver.
    Look in device manager and control panel for Intel drivers. Consider uninstalling them and reinstall up to date drivers from the Asus web site for your computers configuration and windows 10 operating system.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Windows 10 Whea_uncorrectable error while playing Dota2

1. BSOD Windows 10 Whea_uncorrectable error while playing Dota2 - Similar Threads - BSOD Whea_uncorrectable error

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD: I've started having a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error all of a sudden and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm not very good at diagnosing issues like this but I was able to get my MiniDump File analyzed. I'll paste it in here below but I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this....
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming: Getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD While gaming. Already did ram and cpu blend test with prime 95 no error in 2 hrs, did gpu benchmark got no error, have already updated BIOS and Chipset drivers, Reinstalled windows, Reinstalled game, Shifted game to different SSD also did...
  4. BSOD While playing DotA2

BSOD While playing DotA2: Hey guys. This has been going on for some time. It doesn't happen immediately but after a couple of hours it will almost certainly have happened. At some point while playing DotA2 I get a BSOD saying page fault in nonpaged area. It only happens when playing DotA2. I would...
  5. Consistant random BSOD while playing dota2

Consistant random BSOD while playing dota2: Hi since last spring / early summer I get random BSOD while playing dota 2 I can go a week without one and get 2 in 5 minutes. Usually the image will freeze on all monitors, cursor or keyboard will not respond and there is an annoying kind of high pitch sound playing, After...
  6. BSOD playing Dota2

BSOD playing Dota2: I only have this problem on Dota2. I can play every other game on ultra settings without heating or any other problem but every day i have bsod while playing dota2. Please help. Thanks. 26939
  7. BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Playing GTA got this Error my PC RestartedAttachment 45728 28380
  8. BSOD while playing dota2

BSOD while playing dota2: Hello everyone.As the title of the thread says i get Bsod only when i play dota2 and after a while , maybe i wont get in first game for example but i keep going for 2-3 hours playing i will surely crash with a bsod and after restarting my pc and reconnecting it will keep just...
  9. BSOD on Windows 7 and currently Windows 10 while playing Dota2

BSOD on Windows 7 and currently Windows 10 while playing Dota2: Hi, when i start Dota2 (which runs with the -dx9 parameter by default) the game and Windows crash fight after the main menu loads. For this crash i have attached the file generated by the log collecotor. I have had this problem with Windows 7 and currently with Windows...
  10. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error: Hi everyone! I'm running a new build that was working for two days before it started crashing and giving me multiple BSOD. Mostly when I'm using After Effects but a lot of the times when I'm using other applications too. Please advise! 53476

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_INTERNAL_TIMER

2. ScCardPowerColdReset: IccPowerOnStatusError

3. 0x124_genuineintel_processor_mae_internal_parity

4. whae uncorrectable error dota2