Windows 10: BSOD - with DPC Watchdog violation plus Driver Power State Failure

Discus and support BSOD - with DPC Watchdog violation plus Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sigh... a brand new build on new components. Have a dual boot - works brilliantly in Win 7 (no errors) but fails mostly upon boot up in Win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by askelly35, Mar 25, 2016.

1. askelly35 Win User

BSOD - with DPC Watchdog violation plus Driver Power State Failure

Sigh... a brand new build on new components. Have a dual boot - works brilliantly in Win 7 (no errors) but fails mostly upon boot up in Win 10.

Crash dump analysis shows 7 dump files with 6 DPC Watchdog violations and 1 one Driver Power State Failure. Using WhoCrashed shows module ntkrnlmp.exe as likely culprit.

I am at a loss. Machine works great in Win 7 but is all sadness and woe in Win 10.

The debug file is loaded - and now?

Your help will be appreciated.

:)

askelly35, Mar 25, 2016

2. windows 10 restarts after anniversary update

The message on the BSOD states:

DPC watchdog violation

I had a look to the memory dump, and found a message telling that the

problem is likely to be caused by nvstor.sys.

I tried to update this driver, but it seems to be up to date.

AngeloBorsotti, Mar 25, 2016
  3. BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

BSOD - DPC watchdog violation how to fix?

JamesJagow, Mar 25, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi askelly35,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

The crashes seem to be caused by 2 very old drivers which are from your Ideazon Merc Stealth USB Human Interface Device keyboard.
    My suggestion is to update the drivers or remove the keyboard.
    Driver Reference Table - Alpham164.sys
    Driver Reference Table - Alpham264.sys
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe0012a2d9060, ffffd000ed79d890, ffffe001295d20d0} Unable to load image Alpham164.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Alpham164.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Alpham164.sys Implicit thread is now ffffe001`25114040 Probably caused by : Alpham164.sys ( Alpham164+6ba1 ) 1: kd> lmvm Alpham164 Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`6ae70000 fffff801`6ae7cf00 Alpham164 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Alpham164.sys Image path: Alpham164.sys Image name: Alpham164.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Jul 23 09:57:03 2007 (46A45F4F) CheckSum: 000134FC ImageSize: 0000CF00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Code: Description Ideazon Merc Stealth USB Human Interface Device Name Enhanced (101- or 102-key) Layout 00000409 PNP Device ID USB\VID_1038&PID_0510&MI_00\7&377C53D&0&0000 Number of Function Keys 12 Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\hidusb.sys (10.0.10586.0, 37.50 KB (38,400 bytes), 2015-10-30 3:17 AM)[/quote]

5. askelly35 Win User
    Remove keyboard? But I love my keyboard.... well, maybe I will love it only in Win 7..

Will give removal a try.

(and thanks for such a quick response!!)

askelly35, Mar 25, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The drivers of your keyboard are ~9 years old, outdated drivers may give various of problems, assuming the drivers aren't updated anymore the best suggestion I can give is to not use it in Windows 10.

7. askelly35 Win User
    Well, a little googling and I found keyboard drivers that are Win7 vintage. So far no more BSOD *Smile

I'm optimistic that this is the solve I needed.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - would not have got there without you.

Cheers..

askelly35, Mar 26, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

*Thumbs

EDIT: the drivers needed at least an update, they were dated for Windows Vista.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - with DPC Watchdog violation plus Driver Power State Failure - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC Watchdog

2. DPC Watchdog violation BSOD failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC Watchdog violation BSOD failures: Hello, I ran into several instances of BSOD / DPC Watchdog violation.I am running Windows 10 on my ROG Zephyrus laptop GA502DI wasn´t performing any intensive tasks, just basic office work in excel when it happened first,Then I was unable to boot normally, computer froze...
  3. DPC Watchdog violation BSOD failures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog violation BSOD failures: Hello, I ran into several instances of BSOD / DPC Watchdog violation.I am running Windows 10 on my ROG Zephyrus laptop GA502DI wasn´t performing any intensive tasks, just basic office work in excel when it happened first,Then I was unable to boot normally, computer froze...
  4. BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation & Power Failure

BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation & Power Failure: Hi there, I'm running 64-bit Windows 10, version 1809, build 17763.678 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoObhaBpSf3IkRn8VxEpDFIQtEyA?e=hurrH9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-dpc-watchdog-violation-power-failure/7ad869d5-d589-4fd3-a1d9-3a029939763e
  5. BSOD: Driver Power State Failure and DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD: Driver Power State Failure and DPC Watchdog Violation: Recently, Whenever I open Adobe apps such as Photoshop and Illustrator, my laptop bluescreens. This only happens when I'm using Adobe apps. I've done tutorials and what not but nothing seems to fix it. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f...
  6. DPC Watchdog Violation and Driver Power State Failure BSODs

DPC Watchdog Violation and Driver Power State Failure BSODs: I'm getting BSODs in a consistent manner, usually whenever I'm using PhotoShop or HitFilm Express; and usually either 'DPC Watchdog Violation' or 'Driver Power State Failure'. Typically my mouse will freeze for a few seconds, after which it will run fine for a few seconds...
  7. Driver Power State failure and dpc watchdog bsod errors

Driver Power State failure and dpc watchdog bsod errors: While using my computer i keep getting bsod with the errors in the title and it just happens randmly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-power-state-failure-and-dpc-watchdog-bsod/5456a282-c704-4229-98ea-9732e7b3fa43
  8. Driver Power State Faliure and DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD's

Driver Power State Faliure and DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD's: I have been getting these BSOD's more and more frequently since a couple of days ago. I recently installed an antivirus which I deleted and updated my nvidia drivers about a week ago. They seem to occur somewhat randomly but are more likely to happen when booting and...
  9. Driver Power State Failure and DPC Watchdog Violation

Driver Power State Failure and DPC Watchdog Violation: When running Lightroom Classic CC and/or Photoshop CC on my Razer Blade 15 Advance (2018) model. The spec for the laptop is, Intel I7-8750H, Nvidia GeForce 1060 Max-Q, 512GB M.2 SSD and 16GB of RAM. While using either or both of the programs the computer will randomly freeze...
  10. BSOD DPC access violation (Watchdog) / Power State failure

BSOD DPC access violation (Watchdog) / Power State failure: Hi, thanks for reading my post and for your time. I first had issues with my Network adapter (Atheros Qualcomm), ethernet was working fine and i could only get a connection to a few routers, the rest would reset my netword card on connection. Second issue happend very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver_power_state_failure and dpc_watchdog_violation