Windows 10: BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games

Discus and support BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi this is my first post here and have I ran into a brickwall involving my BSOD. My computer that I got a month ago has been giving me BSODs with stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xCarpeNoctem, May 18, 2017.

1. BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games

Hi this is my first post here and have I ran into a brickwall involving my BSOD. My computer that I got a month ago has been giving me BSODs with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal. It seems to have a higher chance of happening when I alt tab out of my fullscreen games. I downloaded Whocrashed and it shows the following:

On Thu 5/18/2017 2:36:30 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051817-18562-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C310)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF1EA0266D000, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80037770236)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 5/18/2017 2:36:30 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: rtl8192su.sys (RTL8192su+0x17F9A)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF1EA0266D000, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80037770236)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rtl8192su.sys
    product: Realtek RTL8192S Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter
    company: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation
    description: Realtek RTL8192S USB NDIS Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rtl8192su.sys (Realtek RTL8192S USB NDIS Driver, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ).
    Google query: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have tried finding the drivers for Realtek RTL8192S USB NDIS Driver, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation but cant seem to find anything relating to rtl8192su.

Here are my specs:

Asus H170 Pro Gaming motherboard
    Asus Strix Rx 480 8gb
    Intel i5-6600k CPU @ 3.50GHz
    WD 1TB WD Caviar Blue 3.5" SATA Desktop
    Kingston 8GB HyperX DDR4 2133 MHZ UDIMM Memory Kit (2 x 4GB)
    EVGA 600 B1, 80+ BRONZE 600W PSU

Detailed Files:
    Attachment 135584

:)

xCarpeNoctem, May 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 BSOD help

Update:

It BSOD again. Same thing as before, Im playing Path of Exile, then alt tab to chrome. when i alt tab back to the game the screen freezes in a black window. Then i ctrl alt del to kill the game process, and BSOD.

minidump: 122715-5796-01.dmp

Fernando_847, May 18, 2017
  3. TushantS Win User
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal crashes

That is actually the only thing that shows up in the bsod before the pc restarts:

stop code: irql_not_less_or_equal

TushantS, May 18, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games

The one dumpo definitely pioints at RTL8192su.sys as the cause:
    Code: BugCheck A, {fffff1ea0266d000, 2, 0, fffff80037770236} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTL8192su.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTL8192su.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] I don't find any updated drivers either. What you can try is uninstall RTL8192S USB WiFi device from Device Manager then reboot and let Windows rediscover it and reload the driver, see if that helps. If not, get a different USB WIFi device.

Ztruker, May 20, 2017
  5. I don't find any updated drivers either. What you can try is uninstall RTL8192S USB WiFi device from Device Manager then reboot and let Windows rediscover it and reload the driver, see if that helps. If not, get a different USB WIFi device.[/quote] So I just bought a new adapter: Amazon.com: OURLINK 600Mbps mini 802.11ac Dual Band 2.4G/5G Wireless Network Adapter USB Wi-Fi Dongle Adapter with 5dBi Antenna Support Windows XP,Win Vista,Win 7,Win 8.1, Win 10,Mac OS X 10.6-10.12.4: Computers & Accessories

And ran into another problem lol. So this adapter is not picking up the internet speeds that it is suppose to. Im getting only 3mbps on this desktop while my laptop is getting 60+mbps. I do wanna test my bsod issues but I cant really play my games with such low speeds especially with family members under the same network. Any thoughts? Thank you for your insight.

xCarpeNoctem, May 20, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Is there a support web site for the device? Maybe check there.

Ztruker, May 20, 2017
  7. NewSOLVED! turns out my adapter did not have drivers for the updated windows 10. Bought a new linksys adapter with updated windows drivers and got my internet speed back!

Will continue to monitor my first problem involving the bsod!
    NewSOLVED! turns out my adapter did not have drivers for the updated windows 10. Bought a new linksys adapter with updated windows drivers and got my internet speed back!

Will continue to monitor my first problem involving the bsod!

xCarpeNoctem, May 20, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Hoping replacing the WiFi adapter will resolve the BSOD problem.

Ztruker, May 21, 2017
  9. seems like the problem has been solved
    BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games [​IMG]
    2 days of uninterrupted gameplay! thank you for your guidance!

xCarpeNoctem, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games - Similar Threads - BSOD stop code

2. BSOD, stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: When I restarted my notebook, I got BSOD. I used Windbg to analyze minidump, but I don't know which drivers or something other can cause my memory crash. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, it showed there are no problem. My BSOD minidump is attached....
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming: So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite suddenly. My PC was overclocked and XMP was on so I've reset that to default in case that was causing any issues. I've got 16GB...
  4. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  5. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  6. Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games

Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games: So, around last week my laptop starting to bluescreen if i alt tab out of fullscreen games, i've tried to play in windowed mode and it help so far On bluescreen, theres, Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and What failed: nvlddmkm.sys My laptop is Acer Nitro 5, with OS :...
  7. BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing

BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing: Hi guys, I'm playing Doom eternal at the moment, i haven't tried other games but i started getting bsod with the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I tried to read it with windbg but it says " the parameter is incorrect" When i alt tab the system is slowing down - freezing and...
  8. BSOD Stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Getting random BSODS all related to the same driver crash, but different stop codes. This time the stop code was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bug Check Code: 0x00000000a Parameter 1: ffffdccf`3f961628 Parameter 2: 00000000`00000002 Parameter 3: 00000000`00000000 Parameter...
  9. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...
  10. Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?: Hello when ever I Alt-tab out of a full screen game my start menu stops working? Anyone else have this? 26309

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver irql_not_less_or_equal when alt tabbing