Windows 10: BSOD with stopcode DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, bug check error 0x00000133

Discus and support BSOD with stopcode DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, bug check error 0x00000133 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have encountered multiple BSOD crashes, most often while watching youtube videos. It usually involves my laptop freezing for a few seconds and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hadrian, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Hadrian Win User

BSOD with stopcode DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, bug check error 0x00000133

Hi,
    I have encountered multiple BSOD crashes, most often while watching youtube videos. It usually involves my laptop freezing for a few seconds and the sound stuttering loudly before crashing. However, the same crashes have also occured in random occasions (browsing, coding, etc). A BlueScreenView diagnosis has pointed at a ACPI.sys driver causing the issue. I am not sure about how to proceed with the issue and thus would appreciate any further advice from this forum.
    Thanks

:)

Hadrian, Aug 3, 2017
  2. T.Magill Win User

BSOD; SYSTEM_EXCEPTION_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED netwtw04.sys

After getting repeated DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stopcodes, I updated my SATA driver. Now I am getting a whole new BSOD. My DMP, MSINFO32 and specs are uploaded here:

MEGA

T.Magill, Aug 3, 2017
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hello Ben,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10 crash. We will certainly help you.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bug check has a value of 0x00000133. This bug check indicates that the DPC watchdog executed, either because it detected a single long-running deferred procedure call (DPC), or because the system spent a prolonged time at an interrupt
    request level (IRQL) of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

Kindly try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

This problem has been seen multiple times on this forum. It is caused by your wireless network driver being updated to a newer version. Unfortunately it does not work on ASUS laptops and you need to revert back to an older version of the driver from 2015.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys

Your current version: rtwlane.sys Thu May 18 03:17:33 2017

Driver description: Realtek Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E Network Adapter

Follow the process I described in this thread to see if you can manually select an earlier version of the driver, you will need to select the correct network entry for your system looking for the driver description I quoted above:
    BSOD, everytime i watch videos on youtube, DPC watchdog violation

philc43, Aug 3, 2017
  5. Hadrian Win User
    Hi Phil,

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I have changed my driver for Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller to version 10.3.723.2015, dated 23/7/2015. I will update you on whether i encounter any more similar crashes.

Thanks

Hadrian, Aug 3, 2017
  6. Hadrian Win User
    Hi Phil,

it turns out that i changed the wrong driver. After changing the driver for Realtek Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E Network Adapter to a 2015 version, i have not encountered any more crashes, albeit a little stuttering here and there. Thanks so much for the assistance!

Hadrian, Aug 9, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD with stopcode DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, bug check error 0x00000133 - Similar Threads - BSOD stopcode DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. Windows crashing due to ntoskrnl.exe, bug check is 0x00000133 and the stopcode was DPC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing due to ntoskrnl.exe, bug check is 0x00000133 and the stopcode was DPC...: I recently bought this Acer Nitro V laptop on 6th of this month, I have been experiencing blue screen ever since i started playing a game, I need someone to see which driver is causing the problem. Here are my minidump files...
  3. Windows crashing due to ntoskrnl.exe, bug check is 0x00000133 and the stopcode was DPC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing due to ntoskrnl.exe, bug check is 0x00000133 and the stopcode was DPC...: I recently bought this Acer Nitro V laptop on 6th of this month, I have been experiencing blue screen ever since i started playing a game, I need someone to see which driver is causing the problem. Here are my minidump files...
  4. Random BSOD - Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD - Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi all My PC has Windows 10 20H2, and randomly shows BSOD with the exact same error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Some snippets of my errors: ******************************************************************************* *...
  5. BSOD Bug Check Code 0x00000133 ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD Bug Check Code 0x00000133 ntoskrnl.exe: Recently I have been getting BSOD's. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff80153373358, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\071320-12750-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  6. BSOD win 10 with error " Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

BSOD win 10 with error " Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION": Hello everyone, I had an error "Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" which caused BSOD on win 10 and created a minidump file. This is driver link my minidump file https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BFsd_KqJN-q0CCkOyY1ZHRsx8cQq7src?usp=sharing Please help me to fix...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133: My computer blue screens while some games are running in full screen mode. I tried installing different drivers for the video card, using both the newest driver and multiple old versions. It keeps showing a bsod. Any help is greatly appreciated! Here is a link to the dump...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133: My computer consistently blue screens with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with a bug check code of 0x00000133. I am not sure what to do, I have tried updating the driver for the hard drive, and I have even completely formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows and have the...
  9. BSoD randomly happening, Mostly Bug check 0x00000133

BSoD randomly happening, Mostly Bug check 0x00000133: Just put together an Asus P5Q-E with a nVidia GeForce GT 730 video card. Constantly getting black screens eventualy ending in a BSoD with a DPC Watchdog Violation with a Bug check code: 0x00000133 with hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe being the main culprits. Any help would be...
  10. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, The bugcheck was: 0x00000133

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, The bugcheck was: 0x00000133: Hi Guys, Installing windows and drivers onto a new system today and everything went smoothly. Unfortunately, whenever audio should emit the system will BSOD. This is not straight away but after about 10 seconds. This even happens when playing a music CD. I...