Windows 10: BSOD with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - Windows 10

Discus and support BSOD with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get a BSOD just after I play a game or during gameplay. My laptop is about 3 years old. I ran sfc and chkdsk. There were no disk errors or any system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anandmg, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Anandmg Win User

BSOD with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - Windows 10

I get a BSOD just after I play a game or during gameplay. My laptop is about 3 years old. I ran sfc and chkdsk. There were no disk errors or any system files missing/corrupted. Graphics card drivers are also updated. I tried rolling back to the previous version but the BSOD still persists.

Dell 702X, 8GB RAM, 2x640GB HDD, GT-555M graphics, running Windows 10 build 14316 Insider Preview.

Dmp files uploaded using your tool. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Anand

:)

Anandmg, Apr 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 System Service Exception BSOD

Hello Sumit,

BIOS updated and after a little problem
    running the installer in safe mode
    , Trusteer (Rapport) is now removed.

And yes! I now have my machine back thanks to you.

Thank you very, very much BSOD with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - Windows 10 :).

WilfIngram, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 System Service Exception BSOD

Thank you very much Sumit,

I wasn't pleased with myself for using reimage, but I thought I had better make a full & honest confession BSOD with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - Windows 10 :).

I will update the BIOS and uninstall Rapport and let you know how things go.

WilfIngram, Apr 9, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

First you have a Dell L702x and Dell put this notice on their site
    Your intel wireless drivers are from 2013 and the latest drivers on the Dell site are for windows 8.
    Maybe you can find other drivers on the Intel site but they might not work because you have a Dell laptop and you need customized Dell drivers for your laptop.
    Driver Description: Intel Centrino Wireless
    Driver Update Site: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear....aspx?lang=eng

lifetec, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Anandmg Win User
    I updated the Wireless driver. But I have been using Windows 10 on the Insider program since November 2014. I have had no problems at all with anything upto now.

Can someone take a look at the error dump files for any driver errors or something else.

Thanks

Anand

Anandmg, Apr 10, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Zip file you uploaded only has 1 dump file in it. It indicates chrome.exe is the cause of the BSOD. That's Google Chrome.

Try completely uninstalling it then use a different browser for awhile and see if the problem is gone. If yes, try downloading and installing the latest version of Chrome.

If problems come back, uninstall it permanently and use a different browser.

Ztruker, Apr 11, 2016
  7. Anandmg Win User
    I uninstalled Chrome. Now I get an UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE STOP error with a BSOD. No dump file was created in the minidump folder. Need help please.

Anandmg, Apr 11, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

That is the active process at the time of the crash *Wink
    The active process doesn't have to be the cause

The cause is the Intel graphics drivers.
    Code: ffffd080`3f648058 fffff80c`1e2efb07Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys igdkmd64+0xefb07 6: kd> lmvm igdkmd64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff80c`1e200000 fffff80c`1e71dc20 igdkmd64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys Image name: igdkmd64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed May 27 05:53:18 2015 (55653FAE) CheckSum: 0052B7B7 ImageSize: 0051DC20 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] In case of problems with minidumps not being saved, please make sure that the recovery settings are proper to start with *Smile
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

9. Anandmg Win User
    In case of problems with minidumps not being saved, please make sure that the recovery settings are proper to start with *Smile
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial[/quote] Thanks. I suspected some problem with either the Nvidia driver or the Intel driver. Now it looks like there is no updated driver for Intel. When I disabled the Intel driver, the screen resolution changed and I could not play any games. Is there any way to make the Nvidia driver the primary display driver for the screen too?

Otherwise I will have to go back to Windows 8.1 and I really don't want to do that.

Anand

Anandmg, Apr 12, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    None that I'm aware of, usually the iGPU is the primary GPU.

11. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks axe0, missed that one. Anand, sorry I led you off into the weeds. I'm trying to learn how to read dumps.

Ztruker, Apr 13, 2016
  12. Anandmg Win User
    No problem Ztruker. No harm done. The BSOD exceptions got on my nerves too many times. I am back on Windows 8.1 and no problems so far. Unlikely to go back to Windows 10 till Intel releases an updated graphics driver. Thanks to all who helped.

Anand

Anandmg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD SYSTEM SERVICE

2. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD System Service Exception: I'm getting a BSOD occasionally that started a couple weeks ago and has gotten worse.The minidumps pointed to a system file so I ran driver verifier and these are the mini dumps it produced off of 2...
  3. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD System Service Exception: I am randomly getting BSOD screen, some times after 1 month and sometimes every day. I need help debugging my problem. Here is my recent minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvosaqT-_cvHlX60M_yLb5hmVDa6?e=qwzgKn Thanks...
  4. windows 10 BSOD system service exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 BSOD system service exception: so this is the 4th time in under 2 weeks my system has BSOD on me I have no clue whats causing it all but I figured out some of the pre-installed **** from alien ware was causing some of it. but here is the latest minidump file...
  5. BSOD System Service exception

BSOD System Service exception: Dear sir, madam, I am having this BSOD system service exception already a couple of times, but getting back to windows normally has always been possible so far, but the problem annoys me. I hope someone can help me finding the problem. I followed these instructions:...
  6. BSOD: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: System Service Exception: Hello everyone, I kept on getting BSOD on my new PC for a few days. I'm not sure why this is happening frequently although I have updated all drivers and removed the ones that I think is causing issues. I removed my NVIDIA driver as well as my printer device application yet...
  7. BSOD system service exception

BSOD system service exception: Hi, I have BSOD problem and I need help solving it Minidump : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiul6mB--Ok6gn4DdBL3trvL0YD8?e=fxFZLO Sorry if my english not good. Thank you....
  8. BSOD System Service Exception

BSOD System Service Exception: Hello, I recently installed an AMD Radeon HD 6450 GPU into my emachine computer, and for the first few days it worked. Previously, this pc had been running on integrated graphics on an Intel GMA X4500 chip and which is currently not being updated from Intel, but ran perfectly...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD - System Service Exception

Windows 10 BSOD - System Service Exception: Hi! I've been having A LOT of issues after the October Update for Windows 10. A lot of BSOD but lately it has been going on too much, at least once every day. I've update every single one of my drivers, I've run the windows memory diagnostic without having any issue, I've...
  10. System Service Exception BSOD

System Service Exception BSOD: Hello, I've been frequently having BSOD with the exception System Service Exception. I read online that I should update my drivers but I would appreciate if someone could take a closer look at my dump files to pin point which driver. It might possibly be my usb host...