Windows 10: BSOD with the text "System Thread Exception Not Handled"

Discus and support BSOD with the text "System Thread Exception Not Handled" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all Booting my Win 10 Pro desktop today I ran into a BSOD with the text "System Thread Exception Not Handled". Continuous reboots all resulted in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vagnluv, Feb 9, 2017.

1. vagnluv Win User

BSOD with the text "System Thread Exception Not Handled"

Hi all

Booting my Win 10 Pro desktop today I ran into a BSOD with the text "System Thread Exception Not Handled". Continuous reboots all resulted in the same BSOD, and no matter what I tried (repairing, selecting Boot into Safe Mode) I kept getting the same BSOD message. It was only because of the great boot recovery package in the OP that I managed to access my system via an USB stick.
    Boot SSD seems fine and from what I've googled it seems highly likely that it's a damaged driver that is blocking the system from reaching the desktop. I'm suspecting either my keyboard or mouse drivers (both Logitech), since they weren't plugged in until mid-boot during that fateful start of my machine that resulted in the first BSOD.

But then again, the writer of this piece [Fix] System Thread Exception Not Handled Error Windows 10 suggests that it's not driver related, since the BSOD doesn't state the name of the problematic file.*Confused

Is there any way to diagnose what is crashing my boot sequence, and to repair or remove a faulty driver from the boot?

Any help is much appreciated *Smile

:)

vagnluv, Feb 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 update gets me a blue screen of death

So i just get the windows 10 update from windows 7 and after some reboots it just get me a BSOD with "system thread exception not handled" error

Jorge Tellez, Feb 9, 2017
  3. Blue screen errors

hello, i am using windows 10 and while switching on my laptop am getting BSOD of "system thread exception not handled" every time it is getting when switching on , so please tell me how to get rid of these.

shaikmuzammil, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Feb 9, 2017
  5. vagnluv Win User
    Thanks for your reply, Ztruker. I have attached the requested zip file.

Attachment 120606

vagnluv, Feb 9, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Missing the Genuine.txt file from the zip you uploaded. Also no dumps which makes it hard to troubleshot this one. Once I have the Genuine.txt I'll see what I can find in some of the other files.

Actually, most of the files are empty. Please run dm_log_collector again and see if it does

Edit: Have you done all the Windows Updates? Looks like the video driver is the generic one from MS and not the latest Nvidia driver.

Ztruker, Feb 10, 2017
  7. vagnluv Win User
    I suspect the dm log collector have gathered info on my USB recovery boot volume. Since I can't boot into my main Windows installation, I've used the Recovery tool from this thread: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk
    to access my computer, so it probably didn't gather the info from my main win install.

Any idea how to make it do that?

vagnluv, Feb 10, 2017
  8. vagnluv Win User

Tried dusting off and reseating my RAM sticks, as well as reseating all other cables and the GPU.

Ran the 3 DISM checks on the C: folder, all returning with no problems found. I can't run the sfc /scannow command (admin privs), it returns a message: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.""

vagnluv, Feb 10, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Rats, the collected data is useless then. There is no way to make dm_log_collector get it's data from the installed OS.

Have you tried doing a System Restore from the recovery disc?

Ztruker, Feb 10, 2017
  10. vagnluv Win User
    Unfortunately I haven't made any system restore points to revert to. Lesson learned.

So, does this mean that if you are unlucky to get a BSOD loop of death like mine, then you are simply out of luck with no chance of repair and having to restore or reinstall?

vagnluv, Feb 10, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Since you don't have a System Restore point or an image backup, you can try a just replacing your current registry with the backup file kept by Windows 10.

1. Boot a rescue disc or Windows 10 install disc.
    2. Get to a Command Prompt
    3. Change to the drive Windows 10 is on, may not be C:. For this we'll use C: but it may be D: or E: for you:
    Enter c:
    Enter cd C:\Windows\System32\config
    5. Create a new folder to save the existing regisrtry files in:
    Enter md regsave
    6. Copy current registry files to backup folder
    Enter: copy * regsave\
    7. Copy backup registry files from RegBack to current directory replacing the ones there:
    Enter copy regback\*.* . (note the space between *.* and the next .)
    8. Reboot and see if things work.

If not, you can use this: How to Refresh Windows 10

Make sure you turn on System Restore once everything is working again and create a restore point. It would also be good to start doing regular image backups to an external hard drive using a program like Macrium Reflect Free.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD with the text "System Thread Exception Not Handled" - Similar Threads - BSOD text System

2. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  3. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  4. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD system exception thread not handled

BSOD system exception thread not handled: HELP! Every time my laptop powers on it BSOD and shows the error code 'system exception thread not handled'. It will then auto-restart and work fine after this. Any ideas on how I can fix this initial boot issue would be great!...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD: Recently I've been getting the BSOD with the message "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. At first this happened maybe once a week, but it has gotten more and more frequent. Links to the dmp files:...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: My PC just had a BSOD. While following instructions from another post and running verifier my PC was stuck in a crash loop. Booted up after system restore kicked in, good thing I didn't skip the restore point step. I uploaded a .rar with 3 files: the MSinfo32, the older DMP...
  8. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: Hello :) I recently god this BSOD in an endless loop: STOP CODE: system thread exception not handled win ver: 2004 19041.572 I attach the V2 log as requested. Hopefully you can help me solve this issue. thank you so much! DESKTOP-HOLLOWC-(2020-12-11_20-19-28).zip 170250
  9. BSOD System thread exception not handled.

BSOD System thread exception not handled.: Hello everyone! I'm here with an issue, that came up yesterday afternoon. There was a windows update, PC restarted, and I left it sitting idle for a while, like 40 minutes or so. After I came back, it was sitting on the wimdows restore screen, telling me it failed to...
  10. BSOD System thread exception not handled

BSOD System thread exception not handled: So, a few weeks ago I had a problem with daily blue screens. That problem got fixed since it was a driver that was the problem. Just now, I had another blue screen but this time it was a differant problem. I looked in the events but unfortantly I cannot see what the problem...