Windows 10: BSOD with Torrex on one laptop but not another. Both running win 10

Discus and support BSOD with Torrex on one laptop but not another. Both running win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As per the instructions here I am attaching the required zip file. I get BSOD every 5 mins running Torrex for win 10. I contacted Torrex support and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zaki494, Sep 10, 2016.

1. zaki494 Win User

BSOD with Torrex on one laptop but not another. Both running win 10

As per the instructions here I am attaching the required zip file. I get BSOD every 5 mins running Torrex for win 10. I contacted Torrex support and they sent me a beta version but without success on an HP laptop. With a Lenovo Torrex runs without any problems. I had the HP reformatted twice to factory settings by a technician but no resolution. I updated all drivers still no resolution.

:)

zaki494, Sep 10, 2016
  2. jalea148 Win User

automatically restarts sometimes

Am in disaster mode with the BSOD. Have checked RAM, drivers, run chkdsk, viruses, updated BIOS... The BSOD problem due to ntoskrnl.exe error. Have twice tried to reinstall Win 10. Often, both the BSOD and the reinstall restarts
    have failed and have needed to shut down this Vista era laptop manually. This kills the multi-hour reinstall of Win 10.

The ntoskrnl.exe error is accompanied with very high CPU usage.

jalea148, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Win 10 Network file sharing

I have 3 pcs on a network. One desktop running Win 10 and another desktop running Vista. They are connected to the network via Ethernet. The other pc is a laptop running Win 10 and connected via WiFi.
    The Win 10 laptop can see and share files from the Vista desktop. The Vista desktop can see and share files from the Win 10 laptop. They both can neither see or share files from the Win 10 desktop. They both know it is there because they show it as a media
    device only.
    The Win 10 desktop can see and share files from both the Win 10 laptop and the Vista desktop.
    I have shared the files on the win 10 desktop and tried to set all the sharing options I could locate. I have compared the settings of the 2 Win 10 pcs and I think the match as far as I can tell.
    Any ideas on what the problem might be with the network?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

charlesgarvin, Sep 10, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please uninstall following programs and use a restore point to revert back the changes they have made.
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare Public Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3 Public Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter Public Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller Public Start Menu\Programs\WinThruster Public:Start Menu\Programs\WinThruster Public[/quote] If there is no restore point available from before any of these programs were installed then you may need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10. Most of these programs are from IObit who has a very poor reputation, the programs may cause various of problems including but not limited to BSODs, performance issues and unbootable systems.

5. zaki494 Win User
    Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately it is not helpful because the BSOD was happening before I installed these apps. It is why I installed them hoping they would fix whatever problem there is. I will do what you recommend but I have already done 2 clean installations of windows 10 BEFORE installing these apps

If there is no restore point available from before any of these programs were installed then you may need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10. Most of these programs are from IObit who has a very poor reputation, the programs may cause various of problems including but not limited to BSODs, performance issues and unbootable systems.[/quote]

zaki494, Sep 10, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    TBH, it doesn't matter if the problem was present before the programs were installed, because the programs could make things worse.
    If these kind of programs aren't addressed from the start, the user may attempt to use them not knowing what these programs could do and that's what may make the situation worse.

After the programs have been removed we can start troubleshooting *Smile

7. zaki494 Win User
    Am doing it now, though the work to re-install office etc... is going to take over a week so I really hope you can fix it for me.

zaki494, Sep 10, 2016
  8. zaki494 Win User

I did a reset of windows and simply installed torrex from the MS store. As predicted I got a BSOD 5mins later whilst installing office. My audio does not work and several other HP specific drivers are not installed.

What should I do now?

zaki494, Sep 11, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    I need the new dump files to be able to provide suggestions, to provide them run the DM log collector and upload a new zip.

10. zaki494 Win User
    Thanks, I am in the office now. Will send it to you a midday.

Regards

zaki494, Sep 11, 2016
  11. zaki494 Win User
    apologies for the delay in responding. the file is attached

zaki494, Sep 11, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please run the DM Log Collector again and upload a new zip file, the current attached zip is empty.

13. zaki494 Win User

Sorry here it is

zaki494, Sep 11, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Check HP for network driver updates
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a Browse full module list start end module name fffff803`68fa0000 fffff803`69a5c000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Jul 07 03:14:09 2015 (559B27E1) CheckSum: 00AC646A ImageSize: 00ABC000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

15. zaki494 Win User
    HP website drivers specific to my laptop says I have the latest drivers

[/quote]

zaki494, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD with Torrex on one laptop but not another. Both running win 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD Torrex laptop

2. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  3. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  4. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One or more audio service isn't running in my Win 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One or more audio service isn't running in my Win 10 laptop.: Hi,Recently, I observed my speakers and mic are not working. I tried troubleshooting. But, it showed "One or more audio services isn't working. So, I searched about this issue on the internet and found some tips. But, none of them worked.While following one of the...
  6. torrex pro

torrex pro: torrex just stopped working and repairing and resetting did nothing ,tried to uninstall and windows says I still have it ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/torrex-pro/6b5c03f0-aac8-412d-84a4-598ddb507f0a
  7. One BSOD leads to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One BSOD leads to another: A few days ago, Igor Leyko helped me thru a BSOD issue caused by a bad driver from Arcsoft.. After rebooting a few times it looked to be fixed. Now It looks like i have another conflict when Windows boots to complete an update. Here is my Mem dump on onedrive...
  8. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  9. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

in Windows 10 Support
    Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  10. Win 10 Laptop BSOD Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Laptop BSOD Loop: I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have an HP pavilion windows 10 laptop that is in a blue screen of death loop. I've tried to get to the advanced repair screen but have been unsuccessful as trying to do three hard shutdowns in a row doesnt seem to do...