Windows 10: BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers

Discus and support BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am experiencing BSOD on the University network-eduroam, which have not happened before. It happens few minutes after I am connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mMark, Dec 9, 2015.

1. mMark Win User

BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers

Hi,
    I am experiencing BSOD on the University network-eduroam, which have not happened before.
    It happens few minutes after I am connected to my Okayfreedom VPN, but I do not have this problem at home with my wifi which is strange. There is no problems without the VPN connection.
    I have F-secure safe and malwarebytes anti-exploit (free) installed. The laptop's wifi adapter is Intel AC7265 with the latest driver. There was a windows update yesterday I don't know maybe it might be related to this.
    I also ran sfc /scannow but no problems were found.
    Thank you for your help.

:)

mMark, Dec 9, 2015

2. BSOD (driver power state failure) Win10 build 1709

Something related to the network driver, most probably WiFi. I notice that you are using VPN too.

Two possibilities:

1. VPN is causing crash

2. Corrupt WiFi driver.

Can you uninstall VPN and temporarily and see if the issue persists. I think #1 is the reason most probably.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 9, 2015
  3. BSOD with BAD_POOL_CALER

Because vsdatant.sys also is related to VPN driver(just learned that from Internet now).

Uninstall OpenVPN completely, restart and see BSODs persist. (Hopefully should not)

If that affects your work, then you can try using any other VPN service.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 9, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers - Similar Threads - BSOD VPN possibly

2. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  3. BSOD possibly associated network drivers?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD possibly associated network drivers?: I had an old ws parked in the garage since 2017 (cus he was giving me lots of BSOD headaches since Win10) and now with lockdown I decided to give it to my daughter to do her schooling in order to save wife's notebook. It is an old machine dating almost (old)10 years with 2...
  4. BSOD possibly associated network drivers?

BSOD possibly associated network drivers?: I had an old ws parked in the garage since 2017 (cus he was giving me lots of BSOD headaches since Win10) and now with lockdown I decided to give it to my daughter to do her schooling in order to save wife's notebook. It is an old machine dating almost (old)10 years with 2...
  5. BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?

BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?: Hi, so I keep on getting frequent different errored blue screens and I think it may have something to do with my tablet driver. Although they used to happen almost 5+ times a day before, a quick system reinstall fixed it. They now only seem to reliably happen when I'm using...
  6. Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible for a WiFi network to block a VPN?: I'm trying to connect my VPN at school so I can listen to Spotify, but I can't connect it. I'm using XVPN on a Dell Inspiron. submitted by /u/Denver_Stylee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcwx86/is_it_possible_for_a_wifi_network_to_block_a_vpn/
  7. Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS: Hey all, Recently I've been having issues with BSODs that appear to be coming from my graphics card, but I've no real way to check and make sure so wanted to get an opinion or two on what to do. Google Drive link to zip file:...
  8. BSOD - Possibly hardware related?

BSOD - Possibly hardware related?: Hi all, I have an MSi GT70 20C Laptop that I've had numerous problems with. When I first ordered this laptop it was dead on arrival, and had to be shipped back for fixing. Since i've gotten it back, I have had BSODs ranging from 0-2 times a week up to 6 times in a...
  9. Daily BSOD: Various Errors - Possibly AMD Driver-related

Daily BSOD: Various Errors - Possibly AMD Driver-related: I have a machine here that seems to be BSODing on a (roughly) daily basis at random. There seem to be a couple different crashes occurring, but they're likely related. It seems to happen more often when the machine is coming out of sleep mode, but is intermittent enough that...
  10. Possible corruption - VPN related?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible corruption - VPN related?: Some backstory - I purchased a new laptop at the end of April. After about two or so months, it became corrupted...tiles not working, no Microsoft/Windows programs would load, and so on. I had the OS reinstalled but I was never able to find out the cause of the corruption. I...