Windows 10: BSOD

Discus and support BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'll tag along on this thread: I just attempted to update an old notebook* computer from Win7 Pro x86 to Win10 Pro x86 and during the upgrade I got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wpcoe, Aug 11, 2015.

1. wpcoe Win User

BSOD

I'll tag along on this thread: I just attempted to update an old notebook* computer from Win7 Pro x86 to Win10 Pro x86 and during the upgrade I got the BSOD with "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED," as well.

I tried to do a Repair booting from a Win10 Pro x86 DVD, but it just hangs at a blank screen.

I also tried to do a Repair using a Win8.1 Pro x86 DVD, but it didn't fix anything. Ditto for Win7 Pro x86 DVD.

Is it a simple matter of hardware too old/incompatible with Win10? Win10 requires DirectX 9 support, but I'm not sure what version of DirectX the notebook's iGPU supports.

*The notebook is an Acer TravelMate 3004WTMi with a Pentium M 760 (2Ghz), 2GB RAM and a 150GB HDD.

:)

wpcoe, Aug 11, 2015

2. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

Thank you very much for looking at this.

I followed the directions for uninstalling the drivers, and attempted to install new ones that I

downloaded from my motherboard maker, ASUS.
    Unfortunately, they don't provide audio drivers for anything past Win 7 64 bit, but even though I'm running Win 10, I tried them. The computer would still crash when I ran driver verifier at startup and I had
    to use a restore point.

When I checked which drivers were installed, however, it seemed to still be reverting to the original ones that initially caused the problem. So, I did some research on my own and used the Windows Show or Hide Updates program to make sure VIA wasn't auto-updating,
    but the issues persisted. So, as a last resort, I simply went to device manager and updated the audio drivers to Win 10 provided by Microsoft, but I'm still getting the driver verifier crash before the system starts. My computer is presently in this state.
    As long as I don't use driver verifier, it doesn't crash at startup, but I bet it will after normal sustained use.

The new dump files are here from the trials above. I'm curious if they're all still pointing to the audio driver, and if so/not,
    what other steps you might recommend?

BSOD Monster, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

I used the link provided and selected the option that says the BSOD occurred while using my PC. The link suggests checking for updates and disconnecting hardware. My software is already up to date, and rather than disconnecting random hardware, I was under
    the impression from that by uploading the dump files from the Driver Verifier program that from

this post
    , there might be some clues as to what specific driver is causing the crashes. Is that possible to determine?

BSOD Monster, Aug 11, 2015
  4. wpcoe Win User

BSOD

Ditto.

I just noticed from your attached file in the OP that your computer is also an Acer. Is it an older model like mine?

wpcoe, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD

1. BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD

2. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50: My PC has recently bluescreened 5 times in the past two days.I've checked my drivers and done any updates I can find and updated my BIOS. I've tried DISM and sfc it found and completed repairs but it happened again.I'm currently running in clean boot to see if it crashes.The...
  3. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50: My PC has recently bluescreened 5 times in the past two days.I've checked my drivers and done any updates I can find and updated my BIOS. I've tried DISM and sfc it found and completed repairs but it happened again.I'm currently running in clean boot to see if it crashes.The...
  4. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

6. Bugcheck error causing BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugcheck error causing BSOD.: I keep getting BSOD's all of which keep showing different things and I don't know what the issue is. I have been trying to fix it for a long while almost a year The codes are as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  7. Bugcheck error causing BSOD.

Bugcheck error causing BSOD.: I keep getting BSOD's all of which keep showing different things and I don't know what the issue is. I have been trying to fix it for a long while almost a year The codes are as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  8. Bugcheck error causing BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSoD rcraid.sys Failure : Irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD rcraid.sys Failure : Irql not less or equal: I have an X570 motherboard with AMD chipset running Windows 10. I have multiple SSD and HDD drives, but I don't think that's problematic. A blue screen occurs after some time without warning, resulting in the following support codes on the BSoD: Stop Code:...
  10. BSoD rcraid.sys Failure : Irql not less or equal

BSoD rcraid.sys Failure : Irql not less or equal: I have an X570 motherboard with AMD chipset running Windows 10. I have multiple SSD and HDD drives, but I don't think that's problematic. A blue screen occurs after some time without warning, resulting in the following support codes on the BSoD: Stop Code:...