Windows 10: bsod's after installation visual studio express

Discus and support bsod's after installation visual studio express in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On windows 10 after the installation of visual studio express called community 2015 I got regurarly a bsod when I logged in my sleeping laptop.How is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by louis14, Mar 21, 2016.

1. louis14 Win User

bsod's after installation visual studio express

On windows 10 after the installation of visual studio express called community 2015 I got regurarly a bsod when I logged in my sleeping laptop.How is this possible?Because visual studio is a user mode application.
    my minidump directory is empty: I have the impression the restore (to solve my bsod) of my restore point has deleted my minidump directory

:)

louis14, Mar 21, 2016
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Why do two of my three dvd draws open every time I boot up windows 10 (not when restarting).

Hi!

I'm just shooting in the dark as I can not recreate issue.

Troubleshoot:

1) Do not cancel foreground window. Instead close the DVD rom. May want to insert a disk to provoke failure message. Giving Idea what its looking for. Was Visual studio express installed from disk?

2) Visual studio express, cancel foreground window and launch visual studio express. If no request for DVD, check option not to launch visual studio express when Windows start.

Is it best to say issue started after changing drive letters, or installing Visual studio express.

Teddy2016, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10, during upgrades have microsoft cancelled, nullified or removed Visual Studio express additions from user PC's?

Normally, if there is compatibility issue after upgrade Windows should gives you warning. It is weird if you never seen any warning. Check Programs and Features and under installed programs and see whether you see it there.

There was changes in Visual Studio and you may get Visual Studio Community for free for up to five users and it has more features than Visual Studio Express and it is successor of Visual Studio Express. My guess is your Visual Studio might have upgrade to
    Community too.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Mar 21, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

If it BSODs once again, post a reply following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions . We will see how it is possible.

5. louis14 Win User
    my restore point solved my bsod problem but ofcourse it also uninstalled visual studio
    until now I didn't yet reinstall visual studio
    I've read that the possible cause of a user mode application can be that it trigger a driver as a bug

louis14, Mar 25, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If you add visual studio back and it results more BSODs, let us check the dumps.

Thema:

1. bsod's after installation visual studio express - Similar Threads - bsod's installation visual

2. Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows desktop installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows desktop installation: HelloI installed Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows desktop. I got it from the official Microsoft website older versions with a Dev Essential free account. The software was marked as requiring NO PRODUCT KEY. The sofware didn't say it was a trial version.I burnt the DVD...
  3. Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows desktop installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows desktop installation: HelloI installed Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows desktop. I got it from the official Microsoft website older versions with a Dev Essential free account. The software was marked as requiring NO PRODUCT KEY. The sofware didn't say it was a trial version.I burnt the DVD...
  4. BSOD while installing Unreal ENgine, Visual studio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while installing Unreal ENgine, Visual studio: Hi, My new system is working fine for browsing and BSOD while installing applications like Unreal Engine, Visual studio etc., Drivers are upto date. Manually installed nvidia drivers, BIOS drivers etc., too and did a windows update also. Having 500GB SSD, 1 TB SATA,...
  5. BSOD after a Visual Studio install Reboot Error 21a

BSOD after a Visual Studio install Reboot Error 21a: Hi All, Windows 10 Pro here. Installed Visual Studio Community edition 2017, and after a reboot, I cannot get back to the system. - System has been trying to Attempt Repairs for more than a day now. - Created a bootable USB from another machine and booted into command line -...
  6. Installation of visual studio.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of visual studio.: Please someone ask me how to install visual studio. And prepare it for c/c++ Programming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-visual-studio/b2351f20-7e97-44c7-81dd-655150b1e976
  7. Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100%

Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100%: [IMG] I was installing VS enterprise 2017 it triggered bsod and now stuck at this blue screen for hours. That happened before as well when ever I try to install VS its triggering BSOD before I forced to restart then I had to reinstall windows. Now I af afraid of force...
  8. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation: I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup"...
  9. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation: I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup"...
  10. Visual Studio Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio Installer: I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already have 1.67 MB downloading of 67.25 MB. Is there another way to install quicker than this. More likely will see this a whole day...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why will installing microsoft visual c i get a bsod