Windows 10: BSOD's after recent Windows Update

Discus and support BSOD's after recent Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently experienced multiple BSOD's after a windows update. After the computer restarts from the BSOD, my USB Wifi Adapter doesn't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by billsgifs, Aug 12, 2017.

1. billsgifs Win User

BSOD's after recent Windows Update

Hello,

I've recently experienced multiple BSOD's after a windows update. After the computer restarts from the BSOD, my USB Wifi Adapter doesn't seem to connect to my wifi. After unplugging and re-inserting the usb adapter, it connects and is fine until my computer BSOD's again. It usually happens when using the internet. My chrome browser will sometimes give me the "aw snap" error shortly before my computer gives the BSOD.

I'm thinking it is probably to do with the adapter, but really have no idea how to find out. Any help would be tremendous!

The Wifi adapter I'm refering to is a Cisco AE2500 usb adapter.

Thanks!!
    -Bill

:)

billsgifs, Aug 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, after last big update patch

Original Title: Windows 10 after last big update patch

Hello,

I recently updated my Windows 10 to the newest patch. After that I got two BSODs in two days. The explanation was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I after a week with no errors I added another RAM stick to my laptop (Corsair Value 4gb) yesterday, since then I get BSOD every time I turn on the laptop.

Also before the last BSOD I tried to run memtest, but it failed instantly.

Latest BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL which I could find a meaning for.

Could you help me ? Is this a problem from the last patch and memory management of windows or should I try to change RAM?

ThanasisDoulgeris, Aug 12, 2017
  3. after ms updates, booklet not shutting down completely

Recently, I was getting occassional BSODs upon shutting down Windows. Did a restore, and no more BSODs. Have disabled MS updates for the moment.

hemantkamat, Aug 12, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

5. billsgifs Win User
    Thanks for that! I've attached the zip file to this post. Thanks again for your help!
    -BillAttachment 149495

billsgifs, Aug 18, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    BSOD's after recent Windows Update [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's after recent Windows Update - Similar Threads - BSOD's recent Update

2. Windows 10 stuck on WINRE and BSOD after recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on WINRE and BSOD after recent update.: Hello.This all happened after a recent update and, as the title says, my computer has been stuck on the Windows Recovery Environment, there were several errors in several situations in which I tried to fix such as:When trying to access safe mode: Page Fault in Non Paged...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on WINRE and BSOD after recent update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on WINRE and BSOD after recent update.: Hello.This all happened after a recent update and, as the title says, my computer has been stuck on the Windows Recovery Environment, there were several errors in several situations in which I tried to fix such as:When trying to access safe mode: Page Fault in Non Paged...
  4. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  5. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  6. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 BSOD after updates, recent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 BSOD after updates, recent: M HP laptop has gone into BSOD. I can't safe boot, it doesn't work. It just keeps going into error after doing the power on, wait for logo, then power off, 5 times. before allowing full boot then and I get same error. PNP Detected Fatal error and it says collecting...
  8. BSOD After the recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After the recent update: So like many other people here i am also having issues with the latest Windows Update; but a little more severe it feels like. When my PC boots the second time i am greeted by a BSOD with "Page Fault in nonepaged area" It then fails two more times, and the only way to get my...
  9. Constantly BSOD after recent update?

Constantly BSOD after recent update?: I got myself a trouble, my pc keeps bluescreen after I update/upgrade my pc last month. I upgrade from HDD to SSD (and adding 8gb more ram). so I had to reintall windows 10 with it latest update, but I notice that it keeps BSOD with error notice "irql_not_less_or_equal" I...
  10. Windows 10Pro BSOD after recent Windows Update (1803)

Windows 10Pro BSOD after recent Windows Update (1803): Hi, I have recently updated all PC's in my office to Windows 10 1803. Few PC's going into BSOD and I can't even get into safe mode. Doing a system restore to previous point didn't work either. Repair windows doesn't do anything. So the only option I left with is at the...