Windows 10: BSODs after uninstalling Windows 10 and trying to reinstall

Discus and support BSODs after uninstalling Windows 10 and trying to reinstall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had non stop problems with my PC since around the end of May. I've tried everything to fix it, I've even taken it to Geek Squad to see if they can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jayzillaa, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Jayzillaa Win User

BSODs after uninstalling Windows 10 and trying to reinstall

I've had non stop problems with my PC since around the end of May. I've tried everything to fix it, I've even taken it to Geek Squad to see if they can fix it but sadly, they don't know whats wrong. They ran diagnostics on my hardware and said everything is running fine. I've even replaced my motherboard. I wiped my SSD with W10 so i can reinstall but that i cant even do. When I boot from the USB with the installation media, I get a BSOD, mostly codes about the kernel. I'm so confused because I don't have an OS and I'm still getting BSODs. I don't know what to do at this point, I'm hoping one of you guys know what I can do. Would replacing the CPU help fix the problem?

:)

Jayzillaa, Jul 25, 2017
  2. auggy Win User

Receiving BSOD error bad_pool_caller since upgrading to Windows 10

After uninstalling Malwarebytes if the BSODs resolve you could try reinstalling Malwarebytes using the latest version that supports Windows 10.

Consider using Windows built-in antivirus (Windows Defender) rather than McAfee (uninstall McAfee) to avoid conflicts with Malwarebytes.

If the BSOD returns consider using the free version of Malwarebytes for on demand scanning to compliment the real time antivirus. The free version should not load any problematic drivers.

auggy, Jul 25, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    BSOD

You are running Oracle VM VirtualBox, your BSOD's are all linked to this software. You should probably try uninstalling that software and see if the BSOD's stop!

Then if necessary try reinstalling that software . . .

DaveM121, Jul 25, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Can you run the PC in the BIOS and at least have it run stable for an hour or so? Make sure all the settings are set to default - use the option to load optimised defaults if you have it.

Please can you fill in as many details as possible about you system in the system spec area of your profile.

philc43, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Jayzillaa Win User
    Im able to use the BIOS without a problem, the only problem is trying to install windows.

CPU: Intel i5-6500 3.20 ghz
    Motherboard: MSI Gaming Intel B250 LGA 1151 DDR4
    RAM: HyperX 16GB (2x8) 2133 mhz
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050Ti FTW 4GB GDDR5
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Jayzillaa, Jul 25, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Do you have a DVD drive that you can try and install from in case the USB ports are somehow to blame? You can use the Media creator tool to download a W10 ISO on another PC and burn it to a DVD making sure you match the version exactly to the W10 you had installed before.

philc43, Jul 25, 2017
  7. Jayzillaa Win User
    Yes I do, would that help?

Jayzillaa, Jul 25, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

It's worth a try - make sure you have nothing plugged into your PC other than the screen, a wired keyboard and mouse so that you minimise any drivers required.

I don't know at what point you get the BSOD so I have little to go on at the moment. Is it while the W10 files are still being written to the SSD or after the first restart?

philc43, Jul 25, 2017
  9. Jayzillaa Win User
    I get the BSOD after my pc is booting to the usb with the media, right before i get the purple set up screen for W10.

Jayzillaa, Jul 25, 2017
  10. Jayzillaa Win User
    Alright, I've burned the W10 iso onto a disc and booted from that and still got the same problem. BSOD wont let me boot it up.

Jayzillaa, Jul 26, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    Is there any information on the BSOD screen that you can photograph to give us any further information.

Then only other thing I can suggest is that you try with one of the RAM sticks removed, you may need to try a few combinations such as each one of the sticks in the different slots.

philc43, Jul 26, 2017
  12. Jayzillaa Win User
    I get different BSODs like kernel security check failure, memory management, and bad pool header. Ive tried testing my ram like you suggested numerous times and i still get the same problem. Also, I get the 0xc0000034 error code but i dont know how because I wiped my ssd with W10 on it.

Jayzillaa, Jul 26, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

See if you can find three different flash drives that you can format and use for testing your PC:
    1) make one bootable with Ubuntu
    2) make a second bootable with Memtest86+: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    3) make a third bootable with a different version of windows (see if you can find a bootable windows 10 version 1607)
    Boot with the different flash drives and report the results into the thread.
    If you are able to boot using the drives go to the next steps:
    Can you install Ubunto onto the drive and have no bsod?
    Can you run 8 passes or Memtest86+ without any errors?
    Can you install a different version of windows without error 0xc000034 or a bsod?

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSODs after uninstalling Windows 10 and trying to reinstall - Similar Threads - BSODs uninstalling trying

2. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.: This is a new topic, as the previous one was not answered.I have a question about regedit and uninstall. It has the following path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\". So, does it make sense to export the entire Unistall...
  3. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.: This is a new topic, as the previous one was not answered.I have a question about regedit and uninstall. It has the following path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\". So, does it make sense to export the entire Unistall...
  4. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSODs after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs after reinstalling windows 10: Been getting a lot of BSODs intermittently after reinstalling windows 10. I did a reset and reinstalled again with new usb media and I am still getting these errors coming up. They are Critical Structure Corruption errors. Havent been able to find much info on them but found...
  6. BSODs after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs after reinstalling windows 10: Been getting a lot of BSODs intermittently after reinstalling windows 10. I did a reset and reinstalled again with new usb media and I am still getting these errors coming up. They are Critical Structure Corruption errors. Havent been able to find much info on them but found...
  7. BSODs after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10: A website, Micro Global...something represented themselves as Microsoft and convinced my friend he needed to have them secure his laptop to the tune of $900.00. He was instructed to use Any Desk. They refuse to refund and continue to harass him. Would uninstalling Windows and...
  9. BSOD after reinstalling Windows 10

BSOD after reinstalling Windows 10: Hello, I think I had been infected by something that was causing my network drivers to crash from time to time, requiring me to reboot my system every day or two. Antivirus and malware programs could not detect the problem, so I tried resetting my Windows 10 with a...
  10. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers for hardware, but...

BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers for hardware, but...: Hi, I am using my Dell XPS 9370 with fresh Windows installation on Dec 2018. Since January, I've met 6 or 7 time of the same blue screen with the same stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL However, I couldn't see any 0x000 code, so I don't know what to do now. I am trying to...